Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious How difficult is it to be homeless in the west?

Mortis

Mortis

The Senator of Suffering & Minister of Misery
★★★★★
Brocels that have been homeless. What was your expierence? Was it hard? Or wasn't it as bad as you expected?

I was homeless for six months, lived in homeless shelter, my bunk mate was an unmedicated schizophrenic who accused me of stealing his blood and limbs. One time he got a bootparty from a dealer for racking up an amphetamine debt and I just laid on the bed pretending it wasn't happening, no way am I getting mixed up in that.

It was pure hell. Only good thing was the colorful characters, like this indigenous sami crack hooker who screamed at black people calling them the N-word, and the staff tried to calm her down but she would do it every time a nigger crossed her path.

Being homeless was 0/5, wouldnt recommend

Brocels that have been homeless. What was your expierence? Was it hard? Or wasn't it as bad as you expected?
it was improvement from living wiht my parents
I was homeless for 8 months and wanted to do it to kms initially but then didnt

1. at home i didnt have my own room or bed, in shelter i had my own bed
2. nobody cares about you when hobo. My parents were constantly on my ass torture testing me, even when i was close to roping they wouldnt sotp
3. i could just rot outside and watch anime on my phone. I torrent anime using local wifi from stores and shit.

The first night outside was very cold and I was not prepared. I thought I could avoid going to the shelter. I was afraid I would get raped by tyrone in shelter. But after 1 day of sleeping outside in abandoned train station, which was a crack den, and having people walk past me in darkness in middle of night and fearing to get stabbed, I went to shelter.

I was very very scared. But the shelter was not as bad as I thought. It was just 4 bed, 2 bunk bed basically. And it was only half occupied, 2 people there, so I got to pick the bed I wanted. I made mistakes. The most dangerous thing for you as a hobo in west is not the weather, food or hygiene, its other hobos. Its like prison, stay the fuck away from people. DONT ACCEPT ANY OFFERS, DO NOT ACCEPT MONEY, DO NOT ACCEPT FOOD FROM HOBOS

I have autism so I fucked this up. I am extremely guillble and this insane dude began controlling my life. Turned out he just came outta prison and was about to go back in for posession of CP. I was present during court case, he got probabation because of exploiting me. His lawyer used his lies about him and me to get him on probation instead jail.

Getting away from this psycho was fucking AIIIIIIIIDS. I almost froze to death and was afraid he would send people to stab me becaues he has connections with ex cons and theres a huge prison in this city. They constantly release pepole that then pass through the shelter before they find jobs and leave.

Aside from that, here are my protips:

I have autism so i dont have problems that most NT people will have namely:

a) I never ever get lonely. I dont need people that much.
b) i dont drink because my gut issues are horrible -> cant become alcholic
c) I can easily entertain myself with anime and autism hobbies
d) I stay away from trouble, find a hiding spot like 20 min away on foot and I go there every single day and rot all day alone

this may not be an option for you if you have NT brain. Now more general tips

1. get fucking warm underpants. You will stop caring about how you dress and how you smell after 1 month. Get warm underpants. Get good shoes at every opportunity. If you see like a blanket laying outside somewhere TAKE IT, take it immedeatly.

WInter is fucking horrible. We were not allowed to stay in shelter during the day so we had to rot all day outside in winter.
Your only option is to stand in front of super markets and go inside to warm up adn then go outside again.

Sometimes the staff will harras you and shit, you may have to change super marekts. I pretended to be customer for up to 6 hours, just pushing an empty shopping cart around, so i wouldnt have to be in cold outside

2. In summer, beware of storms. I almost got hit by lightning once. I also recommend exploring the entire area really really intensely in a 1-2 mile radius of the shelter so you know all good hiding spots, dangerous spots, shops to go to to buy stuff etc...

3. You wont be able to store shit in fridges. They may let you leave personal belongings in shelter, but it will get stolen or thrown away "accidentally" (happened to me, they threw half my laundry in the trash)
So, carry a huge backpack with shit that you take with you all day. Also get 3x powerbanks for your phone, you will need 3 because your only entertainment will be rading in library or watching shit on your phone.

4. Another thing, shoes shoes shoes - wash yoru socks you will get diseases else. Trench foot for instance, change socks a lot and keep them dry. Also, you will meet people that seem friendly and mentally sound at first and then they suddenly start accusing people of being sent by Satan to torment them by snoring at night and shit.

5. So, before you trust people, vet them, observe them. The crazy hides under the surface often. -> there is a fucking reason why they are homeless. There are also homeless or semi-homeless women out there. Beware, they are dangerous. Ive seen dudes almost get stabbed with multi tool because they talk to hobo bitch.

A lot of seemingly homeless people are also just street-kids. These people have been with this crowd since teenage years and are from dysfunctional background. So they hang out with hobos in public but they have jobs or places to stay at. So dont get confused when you see 30 hobos at the train station, only like 1% of them is actually in shelter.

6. Police
You will have more police interactions then ever before in your entire life because just-world-fallacy. If you are homeless people automatically assume you are guilty of something. I was sometimes stopped and checked by the police multiple times a day. For a few months, at least 2 times a day, another time four times in one day. This was because I was at the train station to have shelter during the day. The police harasses hobos in public places so they leave.

Ive literally had police cars pull up next to me while i was walking back to shelter, and window came down and cop went EY DO YOU KNOW WHERE TO BUY NARCOTICS

its fucking ridiculous.

They will also try to set you up for crimes.
I've had fake-hobos try to sell me drugs and weapons under false pretense.
For instance, this guy comes into the shelter and goes OOH I HAVE BRAIN TUMOR AND I HAVE THESE PAINKILLERS I DONT NEED YOU WANT THEM?

dont accept DONT ACCEPT ANY OFFER LIKE I SAID EARLIER DONT ACCEPT

7. Toilet shit
you cant shit or piss when you are outside.
This may come as a surprise to you, but rn you take toilets for granted.
There are no toilets outside and people REALLY hate when you piss in random places.
So, figure out where you can piss and shit in your aera.

Also when you get diarrhea - good luck. I shat myself 3 times in public.

8. Nutrition, food, resources
If you are lucky, there is a christian mission or something in the area where they hand out free food once in a while, maybe once a week. You may also ask them for basic commodities like clothes, toothbrushes, shampoo and so on.

The food they give you though will mostly be total garbage and low quality, its just what it is, they arent rich either.

So in terms of nutrition, dont drink. Drinking and Sugar depletes your bodies nutrient stores to the poitn where you cant even eat solid food anymore. Many hobos literally live of beer as their only source of energy because they are so B12 deficient from drinking alcohol that they cant eat solid food without immedeatly getting diarrhea.

However, eating frutis and veggies is super expensive and hard to do on hobo budget.
Why?
Because you are outside all day, your calorie needs easily DOUBLE.
Ok, you need 2000-4000kcal a day.

Good luck staying healthy when your food budget is 4 dollars a day.

So, read up on keto diet, carnivore diet shit. Why? its unironically cheaper way to stay healthy. Eating animal products like milk, cheese, meat and liver is cheaper in long run then buying exotic vegetables and fruit for vitamins and minerals.

The only issue is that you have to cook the eggs, meat. I got around it by walking outside the city limits and making fires in forest.
I only did that a few times though, i also ate the eggs and meat raw at times.

You wont be able to cook 90% of the time though, again, your food choices will be extremely limited becaues of this alone.
Maybe someone inside the shelter allows you access to kitchen, or the shelter has a kitchen.
In the shelter i was in, we had a water boiler, that was it.
We made noodles with the boiler sometimes, and tea.

I hope this was helpful.

Last edited:
Brocel that's exactly the situation I am in and this is probably going to be my plan :cryfeels:

1. at home i didnt have my own room or bed, in shelter i had my own bed
2. nobody cares about you when hobo. My parents were constantly on my ass torture testing me, even when i was close to roping they wouldnt sotp
3. i could just rot outside and watch anime on my phone. I torrent anime using local wifi from stores and shit.

The first night outside was very cold and I was not prepared. I thought I could avoid going to the shelter. I was afraid I would get raped by tyrone in shelter. But after 1 day of sleeping outside in abandoned train station, which was a crack den, and having people walk past me in darkness in middle of night and fearing to get stabbed, I went to shelter.

I was very very scared. But the shelter was not as bad as I thought. It was just 4 bed, 2 bunk bed basically. And it was only half occupied, 2 people there, so I got to pick the bed I wanted. I made mistakes. The most dangerous thing for you as a hobo in west is not the weather, food or hygiene, its other hobos. Its like prison, stay the fuck away from people. DONT ACCEPT ANY OFFERS, DO NOT ACCEPT MONEY, DO NOT ACCEPT FOOD FROM HOBOS

I have autism so I fucked this up. I am extremely guillble and this insane dude began controlling my life. Turned out he just came outta prison and was about to go back in for posession of CP. I was present during court case, he got probabation because of exploiting me. His lawyer used his lies about him and me to get him on probation instead jail.

Getting away from this psycho was fucking AIIIIIIIIDS. I almost froze to death and was afraid he would send people to stab me becaues he has connections with ex cons and theres a huge prison in this city. They constantly release pepole that then pass through the shelter before they find jobs and leave.

Aside from that, here are my protips:

I have autism so i dont have problems that most NT people will have namely:

a) I never ever get lonely. I dont need people that much.
b) i dont drink because my gut issues are horrible -> cant become alcholic
c) I can easily entertain myself with anime and autism hobbies
d) I stay away from trouble, find a hiding spot like 20 min away on foot and I go there every single day and rot all day alone

this may not be an option for you if you have NT brain. Now more general tips

1. get fucking warm underpants. You will stop caring about how you dress and how you smell after 1 month. Get warm underpants. Get good shoes at every opportunity. If you see like a blanket laying outside somewhere TAKE IT, take it immedeatly.

WInter is fucking horrible. We were not allowed to stay in shelter during the day so we had to rot all day outside in winter.
Your only option is to stand in front of super markets and go inside to warm up adn then go outside again.

Sometimes the staff will harras you and shit, you may have to change super marekts. I pretended to be customer for up to 6 hours, just pushing an empty shopping cart around, so i wouldnt have to be in cold outside

2. In summer, beware of storms. I almost got hit by lightning once. I also recommend exploring the entire area really really intensely in a 1-2 mile radius of the shelter so you know all good hiding spots, dangerous spots, shops to go to to buy stuff etc...

3. You wont be able to store shit in fridges. They may let you leave personal belongings in shelter, but it will get stolen or thrown away "accidentally" (happened to me, they threw half my laundry in the trash)
So, carry a huge backpack with shit that you take with you all day. Also get 3x powerbanks for your phone, you will need 3 because your only entertainment will be rading in library or watching shit on your phone.

4. Another thing, shoes shoes shoes - wash yoru socks you will get diseases else. Trench foot for instance, change socks a lot and keep them dry. Also, you will meet people that seem friendly and mentally sound at first and then they suddenly start accusing people of being sent by Satan to torment them by snoring at night and shit.

5. So, before you trust people, vet them, observe them. The crazy hides under the surface often. -> there is a fucking reason why they are homeless. There are also homeless or semi-homeless women out there. Beware, they are dangerous. Ive seen dudes almost get stabbed with multi tool because they talk to hobo bitch.

A lot of seemingly homeless people are also just street-kids. These people have been with this crowd since teenage years and are from dysfunctional background. So they hang out with hobos in public but they have jobs or places to stay at. So dont get confused when you see 30 hobos at the train station, only like 1% of them is actually in shelter.

6. Police
You will have more police interactions then ever before in your entire life because just-world-fallacy. If you are homeless people automatically assume you are guilty of something. I was sometimes stopped and checked by the police multiple times a day. For a few months, at least 2 times a day, another time four times in one day. This was because I was at the train station to have shelter during the day. The police harasses hobos in public places so they leave.

Ive literally had police cars pull up next to me while i was walking back to shelter, and window came down and cop went EY DO YOU KNOW WHERE TO BUY NARCOTICS

its fucking ridiculous.

They will also try to set you up for crimes.
I've had fake-hobos try to sell me drugs and weapons under false pretense.
For instance, this guy comes into the shelter and goes OOH I HAVE BRAIN TUMOR AND I HAVE THESE PAINKILLERS I DONT NEED YOU WANT THEM?

dont accept DONT ACCEPT ANY OFFER LIKE I SAID EARLIER DONT ACCEPT

7. Toilet shit
you cant shit or piss when you are outside.
This may come as a surprise to you, but rn you take toilets for granted.
There are no toilets outside and people REALLY hate when you piss in random places.
So, figure out where you can piss and shit in your aera.

Also when you get diarrhea - good luck. I shat myself 3 times in public.

8. Nutrition, food, resources
If you are lucky, there is a christian mission or something in the area where they hand out free food once in a while, maybe once a week. You may also ask them for basic commodities like clothes, toothbrushes, shampoo and so on.

The food they give you though will mostly be total garbage and low quality, its just what it is, they arent rich either.

So in terms of nutrition, dont drink. Drinking and Sugar depletes your bodies nutrient stores to the poitn where you cant even eat solid food anymore. Many hobos literally live of beer as their only source of energy because they are so B12 deficient from drinking alcohol that they cant eat solid food without immedeatly getting diarrhea.

However, eating frutis and veggies is super expensive and hard to do on hobo budget.
Why?
Because you are outside all day, your calorie needs easily DOUBLE.
Ok, you need 2000-4000kcal a day.

Good luck staying healthy when your food budget is 4 dollars a day.

So, read up on keto diet, carnivore diet shit. Why? its unironically cheaper way to stay healthy. Eating animal products like milk, cheese, meat and liver is cheaper in long run then buying exotic vegetables and fruit for vitamins and minerals.

The only issue is that you have to cook the eggs, meat. I got around it by walking outside the city limits and making fires in forest.
I only did that a few times though, i also ate the eggs and meat raw at times.

You wont be able to cook 90% of the time though, again, your food choices will be extremely limited becaues of this alone.
Maybe someone inside the shelter allows you access to kitchen, or the shelter has a kitchen.
In the shelter i was in, we had a water boiler, that was it.
We made noodles with the boiler sometimes, and tea.

I hope this was helpful.
I read all of it. Shit man all that stuff sounds incredibly scary. How did you get out of it?

I read all of it. Shit man all that stuff sounds incredibly scary. How did you get out of it?
theres a shelter system here where they try to socialize you back to normal and then get you a job and make you leave shelter. Its run by protestant church in germany, hand in hand with government support.

My first issue was, I cant work. I can barely socialize with people IRL. Its hard to stress just how autistic i am, like legitimate autism. No eye contact, look at floor, fidget etc...

So, joing the helping program offered was not an option. I just didnt know what to do. I had savings from my old job because I just rotted at home and the money piled up while I wanted to die.

My first plan was to burn through all the money in 3-4 months and then die from starvation. But I ended up in the shelter, got manipulated by the psycho I talked about, managed to get away from him etc.
So I dint rope but I didnt know what to do about my future either. In germany, you can call the welfare office and ask for money, but the process is super complicated, tons of paperwork, appointments, you need to give them doccuments which I didnt have. (they were home with parents or required calling people, which I cant do).

So I just settled on burning the money slowly and then dying after all.
After 8 months of living out of the shelter, the staff had kind of realized though that I am not a drug user, child fucker or alcoholic. So they offered me and 1 other guy with a similar profile to stay inside this apartnment over christmas.

It has just been emptied, foids used to live in here (my mattreess had pussy juice stains wtf) and now they were looking for hobos that wouldnt destroy the place with trash and neglect.

So I ended up living in there for months, still on my savings. Meanwhile, the shelter was trying to get me on welfare but they kept declining over and over again while my money was running out.

Finally, I got the courage to ask the foid that was supposed to help me (she disappears randomly for 4 months saying shes sick or on vacation), if she could get me a mental health appointment somewhere, i need to talk to someone. This was extremely hard for me.

In my family, asking for help usually ended in pain or punishment. If you are used to never getting your needs met anyway, asking for help is terrfying.

So, she says yes and asks if I want a male social worker or female. I say male of course JFL.
I got an appointment.
Went there, explained in as graphic detail as possible what happened to me. The abuse from my family, how I have autism and how it affects me, how I cant work and need help and what my goals are (getting neetbux so I dont fucking die when money runs out).

The guy was a godsent. He contacted autism services for me, he writes letters for me, he fills out forms and I just sign them. All the shit i cant do despite being a grown man. He also drives me to doctors appointments so I can things signed.

Hes the only competent person I have met so far. The other foid from the shelter I talked about lierally got mad at me and wanted to kick me out again and make me move into this... its like boot camp for hobos. They make you socialize at gunpoint and cook for people and shit.

The male social worker who handles my mental health stuff intervened, wrote her a really brutal email telling her this would make me rope most likely. Since then she leaves me alone.

Then, end of last year and earlier this year, the german mandator insurance shit started withdrawing 900€ from my bank account every month. EVERY MONTH. I had like 2000€. After 2-3 months I was down to 100€. I couldnt pay rent or buy food anymore. I thought im dead.

So I inform my social worker at next appointment. He calls the insurance company for me. They apologize, send 70% of my money back. Also, I got put on welfare FINALLY
OMFG SUCH A RELIEF

so now im on welfare finally and get 500€ a month. I still have to visit the job centre though. I went, they determined im literally unfit to join the workforce (literally the words of foid psychologist at job centire). So they wont pester me with having to get jobs.

So thats how I got out.
The thing is, its not a choice. I cant work, i cant do basic life task. I have real autism, noises, light, smells fuck me up to point of blacking out, I cant organize, socialize, zero friends, just rotting 12h a day and barely sleep.

Without this help, my only other choice is death.

So thats that.

theres a shelter system here where they try to socialize you back to normal and then get you a job and make you leave shelter. Its run by protestant church in germany, hand in hand with government support.

My first issue was, I cant work. I can barely socialize with people IRL. Its hard to stress just how autistic i am, like legitimate autism. No eye contact, look at floor, fidget etc...

So, joing the helping program offered was not an option. I just didnt know what to do. I had savings from my old job because I just rotted at home and the money piled up while I wanted to die.

My first plan was to burn through all the money in 3-4 months and then die from starvation. But I ended up in the shelter, got manipulated by the psycho I talked about, managed to get away from him etc.
So I dint rope but I didnt know what to do about my future either. In germany, you can call the welfare office and ask for money, but the process is super complicated, tons of paperwork, appointments, you need to give them doccuments which I didnt have. (they were home with parents or required calling people, which I cant do).

So I just settled on burning the money slowly and then dying after all.
After 8 months of living out of the shelter, the staff had kind of realized though that I am not a drug user, child fucker or alcoholic. So they offered me and 1 other guy with a similar profile to stay inside this apartnment over christmas.

It has just been emptied, foids used to live in here (my mattreess had pussy juice stains wtf) and now they were looking for hobos that wouldnt destroy the place with trash and neglect.

So I ended up living in there for months, still on my savings. Meanwhile, the shelter was trying to get me on welfare but they kept declining over and over again while my money was running out.

Finally, I got the courage to ask the foid that was supposed to help me (she disappears randomly for 4 months saying shes sick or on vacation), if she could get me a mental health appointment somewhere, i need to talk to someone. This was extremely hard for me.

In my family, asking for help usually ended in pain or punishment. If you are used to never getting your needs met anyway, asking for help is terrfying.

So, she says yes and asks if I want a male social worker or female. I say male of course JFL.
I got an appointment.
Went there, explained in as graphic detail as possible what happened to me. The abuse from my family, how I have autism and how it affects me, how I cant work and need help and what my goals are (getting neetbux so I dont fucking die when money runs out).

The guy was a godsent. He contacted autism services for me, he writes letters for me, he fills out forms and I just sign them. All the shit i cant do despite being a grown man. He also drives me to doctors appointments so I can things signed.

Hes the only competent person I have met so far. The other foid from the shelter I talked about lierally got mad at me and wanted to kick me out again and make me move into this... its like boot camp for hobos. They make you socialize at gunpoint and cook for people and shit.

The male social worker who handles my mental health stuff intervened, wrote her a really brutal email telling her this would make me rope most likely. Since then she leaves me alone.

Then, end of last year and earlier this year, the german mandator insurance shit started withdrawing 900€ from my bank account every month. EVERY MONTH. I had like 2000€. After 2-3 months I was down to 100€. I couldnt pay rent or buy food anymore. I thought im dead.

So I inform my social worker at next appointment. He calls the insurance company for me. They apologize, send 70% of my money back. Also, I got put on welfare FINALLY
OMFG SUCH A RELIEF

so now im on welfare finally and get 500€ a month. I still have to visit the job centre though. I went, they determined im literally unfit to join the workforce (literally the words of foid psychologist at job centire). So they wont pester me with having to get jobs.

So thats how I got out.
The thing is, its not a choice. I cant work, i cant do basic life task. I have real autism, noises, light, smells fuck me up to point of blacking out, I cant organize, socialize, zero friends, just rotting 12h a day and barely sleep.

Without this help, my only other choice is death.

So thats that.
You got incredibly lucky I am glad your safe now and got hold of the NEETbuxx. Do you have a good living space currently?

You got incredibly lucky I am glad your safe now and got hold of the NEETbuxx. Do you have a good living space currently?
Yes, I live with 3 other people, I have my own room and bed for the first time since I was 10. Im 25 now Like, starting in 5th grade my parents made me share a room with my chad brother. We even had to sleep in same bed together.
Hes hyper extroverted. Very loud.

so yeah, im save now. I can stay inside all day, I bought cheap laptop and have internet access. I only go out for appointments and to buy food.
Thats that.

The thing is, I knew I would be homeless even as a teenager. Like in school they would ask us where we saw ourselves in ten years, and I would say homeless and under a bridge. And I was right. Its related to being autistic. I can not even imagine how to exist in society. Im like a foreign object or alien on earth. I knew really early on that something is very wrong with me, mentally.

I hope you can make it and get the support you need.

I also saw your thread about flunking your test.
Dont worry, its ok. I failed almost everything in my life.
I was held back twice in school.
I only graduate cuz quota, they let me pass. Teacher literally said too many people failed last year.
I failed 11th grade too, which was external school.

So that means i failed 3 grades alone.
Then I lost 2 jobs, got fired from first and was put in mental hospital.
2nd job pushed me to absolute limit and I ran away to become homeless and die.

Despite all of this, I am doing ok now. Im not gonna be like oh bro you will 100% make it, but in my experience, you get used to shit quickly.
Like, when i was still living home, i couldnt stand unwashed shirts for more than 1 day.

Then i became homeless and wore the same shit for 4 months.
Though, when you finally get fresh laundry its like pure joy, you walk around in it like ur reborn :feelsaww:

You probably cant focus, study, memorize. Maybe you also feel like your going demented, loosing memories and stuff.
I had that for years.
Dont worry, they come back, the memories.
Like, i couldnt remember entire years of HS.

School was easily the worst time of my life. Just constant pain at home and school.
The only relief was taking the bus to and from school.

I think you will make it, I have hope in you.
If you need money, PM me. When you become homeless, 100 bucks is like a month of life for you, in terms of food and shit.
Since I get 500 a month and live extremely low cost since I rott all day, i can send you easily 100 bucks or more.

Also, idk if you have any brocels on here, but some people in this community litearlly saved my life few times.
Like when it was winter and I was outside.
Sundays are the worst, stores are closed so you cant warm up in them. So you have to spend 12 in the cold.
I was breakign down mentally and some brocels from here talked to me for hours on discord.