Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How could any incel be religious?

L

LanaDelRey

Banned
-
Especially Christian ones. 

How do you cope that a loving God made you ugly anx forced you to suffer for no visible reason. If see a reason post it. I am curious I would like to cope with religion but the way I see it if there is a God it is actually worse than not God.

I am not Christian but I will try answering: God doesn't actually "make" people. He made the perfect human form once (Adam and Eve). This perfect human form was then corrupted by the Fall, and sexual reproduction appeared. God doesn't "make people" anymore. This is a big misconception. There are a lot of these misconceptions floating around in modern culture, especially decadent American culture.

https://incels.is/showthread.php?tid=3477&pid=43579#pid43579

Physical ugliness is on the same plane as physical illness and disability: a corruption. It was not intended by God.

I am an athiest but I do enjoy studying religions because the religious books are basically a compendium of human social knowledge for as long as we have existed. The question of "why do we suffer" or "why was I doomed to such a horrible fate" comes up somewhat often in the scriptures. I think in the abrahamic religions, any sort of suffering is basically an inherent quality of life, and our intelligence as humans. If we were unintelligent animals we would not be able to perceive this suffering, but since we are, we are able to understand things that are "not good". Everything we do have a purpose, even if we may not be able to understand it right now.

Religion actually provides a lot of answers if you are willing to look for it. People who fully commit themselves to religion believe that God has all the answers and trust his judgement. Atheists like me try to see beyond some magical figure and figure out what the message the author is really trying to get across and why he wrote it (the time period plays a big role in this). Only idiot edgy teenage athiests completely disregard the holy scripts.

Low IQ + indoctrination from early age, do the math.

JovanD said:
Low IQ + indoctrination from early age, do the math.

I agree with the indoctrination from early age, but I've had some religious friends who were actually much smarter than I. The early age conditioning is intensely powerful even over strong minds.

If you aren't conditioned to believe in God and heaven and hell there is no way you would choose to construct such a fairy tail on your own to live your life by. Atheists don't have to disprove religion. All we have to do is point out that anyone who believes in it is grasping so far for a different view of life when all they have to do is believe in what they see right in front of them. 

Do you see saints rising into a cloudy paradise and sinners being pulled down into a tortuous hellfire with your actual eyes? If you do then you are mental.

blackcel said:
I am an athiest but I do enjoy studying religions because the religious books are basically a compendium of human social knowledge for as long as we have existed. The question of "why do we suffer" or "why was I doomed to such a horrible fate" comes up somewhat often in the scriptures. I think in the abrahamic religions, any sort of suffering is basically an inherent quality of life, and our intelligence as humans. If we were unintelligent animals we would not be able to perceive this suffering, but since we are, we are able to understand things that are "not good". Everything we do have a purpose, even if we may not be able to understand it right now.

Religion actually provides a lot of answers if you are willing to look for it. People who fully commit themselves to religion believe that God has all the answers and trust his judgement. Atheists like me try to see beyond some magical figure and figure out what the message the author is really trying to get across and why he wrote it (the time period plays a big role in this). Only idiot edgy teenage athiests completely disregard the holy scripts.

I love religious texts, they are such an excoriating indictment upon the asinine cruelty of the human race. We should preserve them forever and study them to truly understand how wretched we are.

LanaDelRey said:
Especially Christian ones.
How do you cope that a loving God made you ugly anx forced you to suffer for no visible reason. If see a reason post it. I am curious I would like to cope with religion but the way I see it if there is a God it is actually worse than not God.
Calvinism (sect of Christianity) would make lots of sense for incels.
It basically says that god doesn't love everyone.

Calvinism is indeed compatible with lookism.

Even if I wasnt incel, there is no evidence for God