Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Highlights from a 2018 report on youth suicide in France

Fontaine

Fontaine

Overlord
★★★★★
I just read an official government report on youth suicide and depression in France (I'll post the link if anyone asks, it's written in French though).

Random highlights:

- Youth suicide is a major concern, although it has declined since 1990 (cause is unknown, I suspect it's due to better copes for introverted males and the end of compulsory military service)
- 20% of students have psychological problems, 5% have major depressive disorder (which is very low actually: shows how much the internet exaggerates the existence of depressed introverts. Most normies enjoy life to the fullest - contra most redditors)
- It goes untreated in the vast majority of cases
- Only 20% of French youths read books for leisure (~ the same proportion plays PC video games). I found that funny - kind of proves the theory of normie "stupidity" (which is rather ignorance).
- Very few girls play PC video games, even today (15%). The gamer girl phenomenon is extremely exaggerated
- Girls very rarely complete suicide but do a lot more attempts
- The government recommends more screening programs

This is very interesting overall because it confirms that the incel / depressed introvert phenomenon is actually uncommon and is distorted by the internet (where every depressed introvert goes for leisure).

Interesting study ngl, it would be interesting to see how is France in comparison with other European countries when it comes to these stats.

- Youth suicide is a major concern, although it has declined since 1990 (cause is unknown, I suspect it's due to better copes for introverted males and the end of compulsory military service)

Blacks and Arabs attempt suicide far less often than other races. And the ethnic composition of French youth has obviously drastically changed in the last 30 years. This would be worth a discussion in itself, though: suicide/depression and race. Suicide seems to be predominantly a white and Asian thing, while black people and Arabs seem to have the lowest suicide rates at all. Instinctively, I'd say religion is the main factor but it would surely be worth having a closer look.

To get attention.
That was quite obvious, no need to jump to knee-jerk misogyny there. I'd like the thread to focus on the main takeaway, which is that there seems to be an overlap between PC gamers, readers, introverts and the depressed. And that this profile is at most one fifth of the population (a statistic that has remained stable for years). Nothing new in a way. 20% is a magic number in both Pareto distributions and the world of mental illness / abnormality.
Blacks and Arabs attempt suicide far less often than other races. And the ethnic composition of French youth has obviously drastically changed in the last 30 years. This would be worth a discussion in itself, though: suicide/depression and race. Suicide seems to be predominantly a white and Asian thing, while black people and Arabs seem to have the lowest suicide rates at all. Instinctively, I'd say religion is the main factor but it would surely be worth having a closer look.
You're spot on, although religion is probably more of a factor than ethnicity. Islam hates suicide.

Last edited:
That was quite obvious, no need to jump to knee-jerk misogyny there.

Tumblr nq9zf6T8Ee1uyk4peo1 500

What was that again?