Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Higher Education Is A Scam

• Thread starter universallyabhorred
  • Start date
universallyabhorred

universallyabhorred

Banned
-
Most employers don't value degrees these days, unless it's a technical degree from a prestigious university. Skills are way more important, it's a known fact that graduating from a rigorous Bachelors program requires above average intelligence, yet nearly everyone is encouraged to go to college. Worst part is employers demand a degree to weed out the large number of applicants, even when such qualifications are unnecessary. The vast majority of jobs could be done with a high school diploma or a little on the job training, but most companies want to avoid spending extra money prepping their employees. Almost all these jobs pay jack shit as well, a large percentage of college graduates are unemployed or underemployed.

TLDR; In the modern economy you must spend a ton of money to get a degree and collect student debt, to have a chance to compete against other degree holders. Even if you beat them it's unlikely to land you a decent job.

Last edited:
Chad and Stacy get great jobs with and without a degree.

yeah degrees are not as valuable anymore due to them being easier to get. Thats why employers value experience way more.

Not sure but here Degrees are still important for obtaining higher paying wageslave jobs

education as a whole is

All that shit just to rot

Study computer science or applied math/stats with emphasis on programming and computing, or aero/elec/mech eng.

Literally everything else is a waste of money, if your goal is getting a job. Outside of that, you better be planning on getting a PhD or going into pre-law/med, if you want to pursue an education.

If you have connections (nepotism), then just pick the easiest fucking degree (some faggy liberal arts degree) and coast by to the job that's waiting for you.

Everybody else: you're fucked. GG

the way this world is set up is so terrible

I'm getting it to kill time but I'm still going to be miserable.

Ok
Good luck getting a chav who scraped through his Highschool maths to design a record breaking formula 1 car.

ikr it's a complete joke
degrees are now a requirement nowadays, rather than an optional thing
which ironically is making degrees as worthless and high school diplomas

Study computer science or applied math/stats with emphasis on programming and computing, or aero/elec/mech eng.

Literally everything else is a waste of money, if your goal is getting a job. Outside of that, you better be planning on getting a PhD or going into pre-law/med, if you want to pursue an education.

If you have connections (nepotism), then just pick the easiest fucking degree (some faggy liberal arts degree) and coast by to the job that's waiting for you.

Everybody else: you're fucked. GG
what language is good? I'm looking at becoming a data scientist

Most employers don't value degrees these days,
What planet do you live on? The minimum requirement to be a janitor in 2020 is a bachelor's degree, 5 years' experience, and a janitorial personal projects portfolio that you have to work on in your free time. Degrees aren't valued, but they are required which is actually worse.

what language is good? I'm looking at becoming a data scientist

Python is great for data work. It has plenty of extensive, relevant libraries and it's also easy to learn and use. It's the closest programming language to written English. Alternatively, R is commonplace and better tailored fir data work, but there's little R can do that Python can't for data analysis, but only because R is designed for it, whereas Python is general purpose.

Tbh, if you want to become a "data scientist" (I fucking hate this buzzword), study statistics with a heavy computing emphasis. If you ask me, though, specific domain knowledge with relevant programming skills is king. For example, a data scientist might look at a medium sized business' data to try to find optimal points under various parameters, but the business person would be able to best interpret what the data entails and plug any operational leaks.

If its free, im in. Mogs wage slaving tbh.

Python is great for data work. It has plenty of extensive, relevant libraries and it's also easy to learn and use. It's the closest programming language to written English. Alternatively, R is commonplace and better tailored fir data work, but there's little R can do that Python can't for data analysis, but only because R is designed for it, whereas Python is general purpose.

Tbh, if you want to become a "data scientist" (I fucking hate this buzzword), study statistics with a heavy computing emphasis. If you ask me, though, specific domain knowledge with relevant programming skills is king. For example, a data scientist might look at a medium sized business' data to try to find optimal points under various parameters, but the business person would be able to best interpret what the data entails and plug any operational leaks.
Isn't python saturated. Would react be ok?

Isn't python saturated. Would react be ok?

What do you mean saturated? As in, everybody and their dog is writing in Python? Probably. The language's meteoric rise in popularity has to do precisely with its readability and ease of learning. If you mean saturated in the job market, I don't have the data to tell you. Last I remember, the demand for Python programmers is still on an uptick.

And react isn't a language, it's a framework.

What do you mean saturated? As in, everybody and their dog is writing in Python? Probably. The language's meteoric rise in popularity has to do precisely with its readability and ease of learning. If you mean saturated in the job market, I don't have the data to tell you. Last I remember, the demand for Python programmers is still on an uptick.

And react isn't a language, it's a framework.
Ok , thanks. Do you think I can learn python from a book?

Ok , thanks. Do you think I can learn python from a book?

You can learn anything from a book. Anything from building a nuclear rocket to convincing your next client to take your first offer to becoming an assassin.

There was a mathematician, Theodore Kaluza, who taught himself how to swim from a book, then jumped in the ocean to do it successfully for the first time.

You can learn anything from a book. Anything from building a nuclear rocket to convincing your next client to take your first offer to becoming an assassin.

There was a mathematician, Theodore Kaluza, who taught himself how to swim from a book, then jumped in the ocean to do it successfully for the first time.
i will use the for dummies series to teach myself

Its because the population is getting to high,thus more and more people are getting degrees making them worthless.