Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill [High IQ] Why human nature is fundamentally corrupt, an introduction

GeordiLefort3

GeordiLefort3

Orphaned by the teenage loves i never had
★★
The Network Effect and it's Consequences

Back when wikipedia was first released, it was called Nupedia

They had curated content and were peer-reviewed, however, something quickly changed when they tried to take advantage of 'the network effect', which essentially created more interconnections in order to strengthen the overall content base and self-propagate.

What they found over the 10 years of doing so is that their content quickly turned aggressive, biased and factually incorrect.

After much deliberation and several lawsuits, they re-instated the curation function, and the now 'Wikipedia' active editor base dropped from 7,000,000 to just over 70,000!

Why did it fall so heavily when users could no longer troll, post hateful messages and spread misinformation?
Why were people not interested in contributing once their entries were peer-reviewed?

The Virus of Hatred

It has been found that it is easier to convey hatred, anger and aggression in shorter messages than it is for the more nuanced positive emotions.
Combine this with character-limited, viral-like messaging services, you then harness the network effect to propagate whichever content it is that people find most compelling to produce while simultaneously conditioning them to produce more of that content.

The Negative Attention Economy

You look at all the videos online, all the content, conversations and events, and what are the things that most grab our attention? Negativity, conflict and aggression.

Eyesdark

We don't have to go into why that is, the point is we are wired to seek out negativity and are even socially rewarded for seeking it out and propagating it amongst our peers.

This is just an introduction and it goes much deeper than this, but the pill that you need to take is that:
No-one 'made' us like this.
No-one made foids hypergamous.
No-one 'socially engineered' people to be hateful and enjoy conflict.

This is just the natural state of humans once you strip away everything that previously held them back from committing these atrocities and ripping society apart.

A few very smart people gave humanity the tools to hang themselves with and profited immensely in the process.

Nigletcountingmoney

There is no conclusion to this piece that i can think of, it's just another pill in the medicine cabinet

Leodrugs

I have my copes, and you have yours, i'll leave it at that.

Tbh Tesla and Newton combined IQ

Humanity was a mistake, it should be replaced by transhuman cyborg AI.

Just look at cucks who foids "rights" and the female "human"oids, you will know that humanity is finished.

20200213 192914

@ThoughtfulCel @FinnCel

Just look at cucks who foids "rights" and the female "human"oids, you will know that humanity is finished.

View attachment 347868

@ThoughtfulCel @FinnCel
Great ape society should have advanced before Human society TBH

Newton and Ramanujan quadrupled IQ post

View attachment 347868

@ThoughtfulCel @FinnCel
Thanks for tagging me, definitely worth a read.
High IQ post, OP!!
full

Oh my brother, testify!

This is SIMPly a survival trait.

Nothing more.

Basically its hard wired for us to communicate and understand threats to our safety as fast as possible, so as to deal with it as fast as possible.

During times of danger, time is a luxury that you don't have. So short blurbs are best.

When times are good/ safe, you'll have plenty of time to communicate.

This applies even to this forum,Fakecel accusations and all

Everyone loves drama

in what way does having this knowledge benefit me. ill never understand posts like these, i swear i see the same threads reposted every day that are just reworded

True, but i wouldn't be if HUMANS DIDN'T MAKE ME LIKE THIS. So my point still stands
makes sense, but what this was just your destiny, and instead you were born instead as a genetically modified human that advanced gorillas made?
What if there is no escape?

so everyone sucks huh

picard IQ

strong post, i have a smiliar theory that we all just want ourselves and ourselves only to succeed, we dont care if other people suffer as long as we dont see it directly and aslong as we are personally well off.

The Network Effect and it's Consequences

View attachment 347829

Back when wikipedia was first released, it was called Nupedia

View attachment 347831

They had curated content and were peer-reviewed, however, something quickly changed when they tried to take advantage of 'the network effect', which essentially created more interconnections in order to strengthen the overall content base and self-propagate.

What they found over the 10 years of doing so is that their content quickly turned aggressive, biased and factually incorrect.

After much deliberation and several lawsuits, they re-instated the curation function, and the now 'Wikipedia' active editor base dropped from 7,000,000 to just over 70,000!

Why did it fall so heavily when users could no longer troll, post hateful messages and spread misinformation?
Why were people not interested in contributing once their entries were peer-reviewed?

The Virus of Hatred

It has been found that it is easier to convey hatred, anger and aggression in shorter messages than it is for the more nuanced positive emotions.
Combine this with character-limited, viral-like messaging services, you then harness the network effect to propagate whichever content it is that people find most compelling to produce while simultaneously conditioning them to produce more of that content.

View attachment 347839

The Negative Attention Economy

You look at all the videos online, all the content, conversations and events, and what are the things that most grab our attention? Negativity, conflict and aggression.

View attachment 347847

We don't have to go into why that is, the point is we are wired to seek out negativity and are even socially rewarded for seeking it out and propagating it amongst our peers.

This is just an introduction and it goes much deeper than this, but the pill that you need to take is that:
No-one 'made' us like this.
No-one made foids hypergamous.
No-one 'socially engineered' people to be hateful and enjoy conflict.

This is just the natural state of humans once you strip away everything that previously held them back from committing these atrocities and ripping society apart.

A few very smart people gave humanity the tools to hang themselves with and profited immensely in the process.

View attachment 347852

There is no conclusion to this piece that i can think of, it's just another pill in the medicine cabinet

View attachment 347862

I have my copes, and you have yours, i'll leave it at that.
Fucking exploding IQ level thread

Gonna be delving into this for more information, should be a good read, i'll post back with my findings

"David Livingstone Smith demonstrates that our practice of representing our fellow-humans as subhuman is both inhuman and all too human. He forces us to recognize that monstrous atrocities are routinely carried out not by monsters but, alas, by ourselves. "

"Warning: This book will challenge you! Not that it's hard to understand -- in fact, it's wonderfully accessible -- but it raises some terrible realities. For this reason, it is all the more important that you read" - Sounds like the black pill

I'm reading Ligotti after this, i was gonna save that for the day of rope but i think i'll treat myself

Last edited: