Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL "Here's an ugly truth about attractiveness" (Why Becky's become unhappy if they actually land a Chad)

Zhou Chang-Xing

Zhou Chang-Xing

Overlord
★★★★★
Date:
July 14, 2017
Source:
Florida State University
Summary:
The attractiveness of a romantic partner can influence a person's desire to diet and seek a slim body, though that motivation contrasts sharply between men and women, new research has found.
Share:

FULL STORY
In today's appearance-driven world, body image can be a powerful influence on our choices and behaviors, especially related to dieting. That image is sometimes shaped or distorted by many factors, including mass media images, parents, relationships, even our moods.

[advertisement redacted]

New research from Florida State University finds another factor -- attractiveness of a romantic partner -- can be a driving force behind the desire to diet and seek a slim body, though that motivation contrasts sharply between men and women.

Doctoral student Tania Reynolds and Assistant Professor of Psychology Andrea Meltzer found that women evaluated as less attractive were more motivated to diet and be thin if their husbands were attractive.

:feelsbadman::feelsbadman::feelsbadman: In other words, toilets only exercise for Chad's, she'll let herself go if she's married to one of us. :feelsbadman::feelsbadman::feelsbadman:

"The results reveal that having a physically attractive husband may have negative consequences for wives, especially if those wives are not particularly attractive," Reynolds said.

:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek: Ironically being with Chad's actually make Becky's feel less happy. Becky's are like a dog chasing a car, they wouldn't know what to do with a Chad if he actually committed to her. :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:

That extra motivation to diet, however, did not exist among women judged more attractive than their husbands. As for men, their motivation to diet was low regardless of their wives' attractiveness or their own.

The study, published in the journal Body Image, offers productive insights about relationships in which a woman fears she'll fall short of her partner's expectations. Understanding the predictors that increase a woman's risk of developing eating disorders and other health problems could lead to earlier assistance.

[advertisement redacted].

"The research suggests there might be social factors playing a role in women's disordered eating," Reynolds said. "It might be helpful to identify women at risk of developing more extreme weight-loss behaviors, which have been linked to other forms of psychological distress, such as depression, anxiety, substance abuse and dissatisfaction with life."

:feelsokman::feelsokman::feelsokman: Becky's with Chad's are much more likely to develop psychological distress because they feel pressured to look better for him. This pressure is completely within herself. :feelsokman::feelsokman::feelsokman:

Meltzer added: "In order to better understand women's dieting motivations, the findings of this study highlight the value of adopting an approach that focuses on a couple's relationship."

The study advanced existing research from the Meltzer lab that found marriages tend to be more successful and satisfying when wives are more attractive than their husbands. It examined 113 newlywed couples -- married less than four months, average age late 20s, living in the Dallas area -- who agreed to be rated on their attractiveness.

Each participant completed a lengthy questionnaire focusing in part on their desire to diet or have a thin body. Some questions included, "I feel extremely guilty after eating," "I like my stomach to be empty," and "I'm terrified of gaining weight."

A full-body photograph was taken of every participant and rated on a scale of 1 to 10. Two teams of undergraduate evaluators studied the photos: one at Southern Methodist University in Texas focused on spouses' facial attractiveness, while another at FSU looked at body attractiveness. The evaluators varied in sex and ethnic makeup.

Reynolds said some research has shown women tend to overperceive just how thin their partners want them to be and, as a result, may inappropriately pursue dieting and a thin body.

"One way to help these women is for partners to be very reaffirming, reminding them, 'You're beautiful. I love you at any weight or body type,'" Reynolds said. "Or perhaps focusing on the ways they are a good romantic partner outside of attractiveness and emphasizing those strengths: 'I really value you because you're a kind, smart and supportive partner.'"

Reynolds thinks an interesting next step for research would be to explore whether women are more motivated to diet when they are surrounded by attractive female friends.

"If we understand how women's relationships affect their decision to diet and the social predictors for developing unhealthy eating behaviors," Reynolds said, "then we will be better able to help them."

Story Source:

Materials provided by Florida State University. Note: Content may be edited for style and length.

Journal Reference:

Tania Reynolds, Andrea L. Meltzer. Adopting a dyadic perspective to better understand the association between physical attractiveness and dieting motivations and behaviors. Body Image, 2017; 22: 48 DOI: 10.1016/j.bodyim.2017.05.001

:blackpill::blackpill::blackpill: In other words, "Hypergamy hurts women too". Toilets are a slave to their own Hypergamy and when they finally get what their body desires, they panic and start developing unhealthy psychological behaviours because Becky's weren't meant to pair-bond with Chad's, they were meant to pair-bond with us and their psychology reflects this. :blackpill::blackpill::blackpill:

This is very true. I know a Chad who married a high tier Becky and since she has just let herself go and get fat.

heaven forbid wahmen have any impetus whatsoever to get off their fat asses and eat healthy, that's misogyny sweaty :soy:

I have doge that enjoys chasing cars and trucks!

Foids are disgusted by non-Chad males. It only makes perfect sense for them to engage in behaviors to decrease their own attractiveness once they're "settled" with a betabuxx cuck.

Foids in relationships with non-Chads get fat on purpose in order to drive away the sex-seeking behavior of their beta partner.

most foids get fat quick after they get married

“New research from Florida State University finds another factor -- attractiveness of a romantic partner -- can be a driving force behind the desire to diet and seek a slim body, though that motivation contrasts sharply between men and women.”

Is this a joke? If not, normies and Muh researchers are confirmed retarded. Is there anyone on earth who thought that the motivation to get in shape, something that increases sexual dimorphism, was anything other than sex? (I get why 600lb people slim down, but that’s 0.1% of cases.) Imagine needing to conduct research to figure this out and then reporting it like it’s news. “Breaking news. Study finds water is wet”

I bet these high brow researchers are scratching their heads wondering why people go to the gym. “Gee I can’t figure out why men lift for upper body size, and women are doing ass and leg exercises for hours. What could possibly be the cause of this disparity in training style? Ahhhh I’m gonna rooosooorch!”

Researchers in any field relating to sexual market dynamics can save themselves a lot of time and money by just making an account here and asking us for the answers.

Last edited:
This is very true. I know a Chad who married a high tier Becky and since she has just let herself go and get fat.
Whats funny are these PhD psychology gooks

This is why so many women get fat after they get married - they married men they were never sexually attracted to in the first place.

Isn't this the opposite of the OP? That Beckies feel compelled to measure up to their chad spouses?

Isn't this the opposite of the OP? That Beckies feel compelled to measure up to their chad spouses?
Ok I guess you are right. But I tend to see more married women get fat rather than lose weight.

Ok I guess you are right. But I tend to see more married women get fat rather than lose weight.

Of course. Most women are married to their looksmatches or some flavor of normie/incel in denial.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back