Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Here in the UK... there's kind of nowhere you can go to "get away from it all" now

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
Over the last few years I've noticed a LOT more ambulances and police around where I live, but I hear it's in other areas too.

But hey, you can just move away from urban areas and major roads, right?

Well... no. Because now, apparently, they've changed the way air traffic is managed. Now, instead of prioritising noise reduction, they are prioritising CO2 reduction. So there is constant aeroplane noise, and helicopters too for some reason.

So... the only way I can think of to get away from it all is to go... I dunno. Maybe way up in the Scottish Highlands or something (right near the nukes...) it might be quieter, because fewer planes.

What a bizarre situation.

Last edited:
i thought there's plenty of villages and forests but obviously you are screwed in an urban area.

i feel i am more concerned about pollution. from chatting with internet pals it seems that it's common for less wealthy european cities to have problems with heating, hot water, air quality and infrastructure in general, shit makes you want to go run for the hills sometimes.

I am glad i live in a small village near nature/woods.

I could walk and walk and walk and dissappear never to be found.

I am glad i live in a small village near nature/woods.

I could walk and walk and walk and dissappear never to be found.

The thing is though if they insist on making airliners fly so low then you'll have air traffic noise almost anywhere you go.

They've gone from flying at 35,000 feet to 12,000 feet.

UK looks incredibly boring to me

UK looks incredibly boring to me

I mean, typically it's OK.

For example I grew up near London and had a great time going to see bands, going to Camden, going out, etc.

Boring... I guess the weather is a bit lame and I think the culture at least among adults is quite introverted. Oh, and there are a lot of rules and laws, which can make it feel restrictive especially these days as it's gotten quite a bit worse I think over the last 10 years in particular.

I mean, typically it's OK.

For example I grew up near London and had a great time going to see bands, going to Camden, going out, etc.

Boring... I guess the weather is a bit lame and I think the culture at least among adults is quite introverted. Oh, and there are a lot of rules and laws, which can make it feel restrictive especially these days as it's gotten quite a bit worse I think over the last 10 years in particular.
Boring in terms of nature diversity. US a country with the most diverse nature in the world, i'm very jealous of them :feelshaha:

Over the last few years I've noticed a LOT more ambulances and police around where I live, but I hear it's in other areas too.

But hey, you can just move away from urban areas and major roads, right?

Well... no. Because now, apparently, they've changed the way air traffic is managed. Now, instead of prioritising noise reduction, they are prioritising CO2 reduction. So there is constant aeroplane noise, and helicopters too for some reason.

So... the only way I can think of to get away from it all is to go... I dunno. Maybe way up in the Scottish Highlands or something (right near the nukes...) it might be quieter, because fewer planes.

What a bizarre situation.
Get out shit Kingdom

Boring in terms of nature diversity. US a country with the most diverse nature in the world, i'm very jealous of them :feelshaha:

I'm an extrovert so I I'm really more about people than nature.

That being said it can be nice sometimes.

What kind of environments are you thinking of? I mean, it's not like we have nothing here especially as we have a pretty good coastline, and for example north Wales has some pretty great natural space.

I'm an extrovert so I I'm really more about people than nature.

That being said it can be nice sometimes.

What kind of environments are you thinking of? I mean, it's not like we have nothing here especially as we have a pretty good coastline, and for example north Wales has some pretty great natural space.
that's what i mean

Washington state: same state, different landscapes
Example 1
Example 2
California:
North-western part
North-East
Somewhere in the middle
Desert
Sand dunes
some semi-arid landscapes
Arizona:
Canyons
Desert
some semi arid woodlands
desert with some pinkish ground
New Mexico:
White Sands National Park
Shiprock (looks like landscape from another planet)
Mississippi/Louisiana swamps
Great Plains
Alaska
Alaska 2
Alaska 3

I definitely feel like you have it in for the UK, lol

But erm... do bear in mind that the USA is much, much larger. Of course it will have more variety in natural landscapes. You may as well compare it to Europe! :)

North Wales is nice though I think: https://duckduckgo.com/?hps=1&q=north+wales&iax=images&ia=images

I think England for example has a nice calm feeling to it. And it's very lush and green, which I like ^^

I think air travel should be banned. The noise pollution is terrible from it in cities.

I read France passed a law in 2023 that will phase out private jets by 2026. They said with the climate emergency they can no longer tolerate private jets, and that instead people can use France's trains for travel.

do bear in mind that the USA is much, much larger. Of course it will have more variety in natural landscapes. You may as well compare it to Europe! :)
Canada,Russia and China are even bigger than US but they can't match the nature diversity that the United States has. Most of France, Germany, Poland, Baltic states, Central europe is boring as well. Countries of Mediterranean sea is good, Spain even has Tabernas Desert

Last edited:
I think air travel should be banned. The noise pollution is terrible from it in cities.

I read France passed a law in 2023 that will phase out private jets by 2026. They said with the climate emergency they can no longer tolerate private jets, and that instead people can use France's trains for travel.

Do you mean it's loud in cities because of airports being nearby?

I've never really noticed it being bad as normally they're too high up for it to be an issue.

Private planes typically don't bother me as they're infrequent but I'm noticing more of them recently too so I don't know if their altitude has been forced down too.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back