Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Height CAN be subjective, up to a point.

• Thread starter Incel_Because_Short
  • Start date
I

Incel_Because_Short

Veteran
Clearly, there's no saving grace if you're 5'4", and people will always subconsciously associate short with bad and tall with good.

However I genuinely believe that people's perception of how tall you are can change depending on how attracted they are to you.

If a woman is clearly not attracted to you, she will think that you're smaller and shorter than you actually are. I've had this happen several times, here a girl that goes up to my nose tells me that she thought I was even shorter than 5'4", which really is telling me that she hates me.

On the other hand, at my workplace where I'm a very competent team player, a lot of guys genuinely thought I was taller because of how competent I am.

Again, this doesn't disprove height theory, but I do believe that looks plus a whole host of other factors can actually change the height people perceive you to be by plus or minus 2 inches.

This is why I genuinely believe that if you're a legitimate 5'11", then height begins to matter less, and other characteristics like your face, race and being NT start to matter more.

Last edited:
However I genuinely believe that people's perception of how tall you are can change depending on how attracted they are to you.
D22

Sounds like a cope to me

No cope here, there's no saving grace if you're under 5'7", but if you are 5'10" then looks begin to matter more.
It's true, but that doesn't really make height "subjective".

The only height worth having is 6'5