Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media heavy metal thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 126
  • Start date
Deleted member 126

Deleted member 126

cockroach
-

Post heavy metal.

HEAVY METAL TROOPS ON THE RISE

I'm a borderline oldcel (late 20's) and I've been into metal since I was 12 at least. However even since then I've always mostly been into the stuff that was before my time, and I think most of what's around today is crap. Much of it is technically proficient, yes, but just doesn't have the authenticity or soul as so many of my favorite albums IMO.

EDIT: Maiden and Hammerfall? Now we're talking.

I remember when I found this album. good times

Having come from a religious background this song was always relatable

"Good for you, you're born again Yuppie Young Republican
Ask me how I sleep at night This is how I live my life
Drinking, smoking, screwing, right!
Don't tell me how to live my life!
Being straight makes you happy Stay the fuck away from me
So you're gay, oh happy day And you don't smoke, that's just great
And eating meat, oh God forbid
You'll be more fun when you're dead"

One of my favorite bands and the first song I ever heard from them

Thought it was the heaviest shit ever when I first heard it in middle school. I remember having to listen to it in secret cause of the imagery :lul:

I'm a borderline oldcel (late 20's) and I've been into metal since I was 12 at least. However even since then I've always mostly been into the stuff that was before my time, and I think most of what's around today is crap. Much of it is technically proficient, yes, but just doesn't have the authenticity or soul as so many of my favorite albums IMO.

That's a fault of modern music production and trends. Back in the 80s and 90s, all types of rock and metal left in the"human element" on records. They didn't do piece-by-piece recording, and there was much less compression (some notable exceptions to this one), guitar dubbing, and cross fading tracks.

Nowadays with modern recording technology, metal can be recorded basically on a riff-by-riff basis, with drums autotimed to clicktracks and vocals heavily edited. That's why it sounds like there's no soul.

Personally, that's why I like Dream Theater and Atheist so much. I think they capture a perfect balance between musical creativity and technically musicianship all while retaining the human element very well. Hell, I've heard a few "mistakes" on atheist records.

Any Anthrax sepultura pantera fans here?

And what about Metallica ride the lightning would have to be my fav album

Most of it isn't even real metal. But there's some good new stuff out there.

Most of it isn't even real metal. But there's some good new stuff out there.

Pretty cool, and I definitely agree about the most of it not being real metal (especially the middle-class core stuff). Problem here though is I like lots of "hair bands" which many Metalheads today claim isn't "real metal." Now something like Bon Jovi (though I like them) or Cinderella I can understand; they are more melodic hard rock. But how in the hell are Motley Crue, Firehouse, and so many other bands that were huge 25-30 years ago "not metal?" Just because they made money? Just because they got girls?

But yeah, I'm mainly into power metal, "hair metal", and traditional heavy metal. I do like some black metal and folk/Viking metal as well, and even some death metal in small amounts. But at the end of the day, I'm just a sucker for catchy hooks, catchy riffs, ripping guitar solos and so on.

One of my favorites!

Revelations is my favorite maiden song.

Agreed Robert

Pretty cool, and I definitely agree about the most of it not being real metal (especially the middle-class core stuff). Problem here though is I like lots of "hair bands" which many Metalheads today claim isn't "real metal." Now something like Bon Jovi (though I like them) or Cinderella I can understand; they are more melodic hard rock. But how in the hell are Motley Crue, Firehouse, and so many other bands that were huge 25-30 years ago "not metal?" Just because they made money? Just because they got girls?

And W.A.S.P. even addressed the incel question:

@lonelyistheworld, I get the sense you'd probably like this:

Personally, that's why I like Dream Theater and Atheist so much. I think they capture a perfect balance between musical creativity and technically musicianship all while retaining the human element very well. Hell, I've heard a few "mistakes" on atheist records.

You should check this out. Traditional Doom Metal interpreted with the dynamics and spatial structure of Math Rock. Like Don Cabellero playing Pentagram covers. One of the odder sounding metal records I've heard:

Nice. Kinda reminds me of Blood.

Woah, I had no idea these guys were still active. My favorite of theirs is actually their underdeveloped and inchoate debut Impulse to Destroy. Just a barrage of gurgling lunacy and tempestuous guitar noise. All of that old Wild Rags stuff like Impetigo and Nuclear Death (in spite of the foid) is some of my favorite.

Lately I've been really into this track that the guys in Steel Pole Bath Tub did with Neurosis. Plunderphonics meets thunderous fuckin' metal:

Woah, I had no idea these guys were still active. My favorite of theirs is actually their underdeveloped and inchoate debut Impulse to Destroy. Just a barrage of gurgling lunacy and tempestuous guitar noise. All of that old Wild Rags stuff like Impetigo and Nuclear Death (in spite of the foid) is some of my favorite.

Lately I've been really into this track that the guys in Steel Pole Bath Tub did with Neurosis. Plunderphonics meets thunderous fuckin' metal:

Cool. I like how heavy the bass sounds.

3 inches of blood was a good band.

And W.A.S.P. even addressed the incel question:

Pretty awesome. Yeah I like W.A.S.P. and also just about every band from that era. Even ones that only had one hit/brief popularity at the time that most people today have never heard of.

CRIMINALLY underrated hair band that came right at the end of that era of Metal right before Kuck Cobain and the alternative "rock" movement completly destroyed rock music in general.

Last edited:

Tonight the circle is meeting again
Who will be the first to fall in trance
In here nobody is sensing the rain
Tonight the spirit will glance
So as they're approaching ghostly hour
Seven people here are joining hands
They think they know the spirit to appear
Contact, the table starts to dance
Time is standing still
It's a dangerous meeting
They're gonna get themselves killed
Tonight the circle is broken forever
Seven people dead within a trance
In here nobody is sensing the rain
Tonight seven souls are reaching hell
Time was standing still
The meeting is over
Their journey is on
Oh, they should have known
Not to play with the powers of Hell
Some people have lost their way
Some people have lost their mind

@Sadist here is yours keke

When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning.
Dunkelheit

Wenn die Nacht einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom Boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

@Dunkelheit

Well, they are somewhat popular.
Yeah but I literally was just listening to Death and than switched to the Seasons of the Abyss album to listen to Dead Skin Mask. Weird.

When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning.
Dunkelheit

Wenn die Nacht einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom Boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

@Dunkelheit

appvd :yes:

right before Kuck Cobain and the alternative "rock" movement completly destroyed rock music in general.

I actually like Nirvana quite a bit and, especially, the loose network of underground rock they were a part of in their early years. It is interesting, though, to note the fairly profound changes their arrival in the mainstream wrought on musical culture. You could draw a very solid line from Cobain and his Olympia riot grrrl ancillaries to certain strains of twee, feminized indi rawk that are popular in some millennial circles (a lot of contemporary holes love those smiley face shirts too, I've noticed). I don't think Nirvana were the or even an agent of this process, but rather a herald of broader patterns of cultural change. Plus, the fella paid the ultimate and natural price for his self-effacing cukoldry - it's not as if he got away with being a sadsack.

If one were to abstain from music just because it was made by stupid fucks, there wouldn't be much left to listen to. The only times I've been so sickened with a musician's conduct as to tire of their music are Steve Albini (ratfaced punkcel pens affected and impotent, albeit neat-sounding, musical power fantasies in his early years, graduates to bragging about getting pussy and sociopolitical sophism) and Sonic Youth (fame-courting feminist charlatans who almost single-handedly neutered independent rock).