Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

have you wished religion didn't exist?

bruhwtf

bruhwtf

Paragon
★★★★
generally won't affect inceldom btw but do you always think religion didn't exist and people shouldn't have thought imaginary manipulation bullcrap that lead society into delusional zombies.

Given how much Christianity has influenced morality in the west, alot of things would be even more shit than they already are.

No my religion is my cope

generally won't affect inceldom btw but do you always think religion didn't exist and people shouldn't have thought imaginary manipulation bullcrap that lead society into delusional zombies.
bruh

Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Then how would we convince the masses to die for our greed?

Most people are really stupid. There will always be a religion of some sort.

idc tbh

I think religion is a bit of a weird fossil that has little relevance to anything that happens in the modern world. also it's the kind of thing that would get people put in an asylum for psychosis, but normies do it so it's considered ok, wtf is up with that

(and it has btw led to more war and death than the worst asylum dwellers. but ig that psychologists consider killing at the word of the illusory voice of jesus à la bush to be perfect sanity, bc idk psychology as practiced is a blatant pseudoscience)

but normies will find some retarded bs to believe in regardless, bc so much of what they believe eg. the bluepill is superstition based on conformity. it's not a long way from the bluepill ('the world intrinsically rewards good people just because') to believing in karma, a benevolent god, etc. if anything religions like xianity have much more nuance than normie beliefs, bc they came from people that normies would despise and call crazy. but in practice their nuance is abandoned by normies who prefer diluted meaningless versions

religion can't be wholly at fault when most of the laity are barely even seroous abt it, right?

Religion needs to be destroyed except for the one true religion

Ochakoistianity:feelsdevil:

Even if religion didn't exist, something else similar would emerge to fulfill the same role functionally speaking. Nature abhors a vacuum.

I personally dislike organized religion. But all civilizations need some sort of religion in order for normies and other cattle to be kept in check, motivated to contribute to societal infrastructure, and deterred from behavior that is primitive and chaotic or dissident

If it wasn't vanilla religion something else would play the role of religion, that's why so many people worship "science" now.
If religion doesn't fill that part of your psyche something else will.
Humans can never be 100% objective beings because we do not see the world through the lens of facts and reason but through stories and ideas. We are not robots, the stories we tell each other are very important in shaping how we see the world.
If you don't want "religion" what do you want?
Even if religion didn't exist, something else similar would emerge to fulfill the same role functionally speaking. Nature abhors a vacuum.

We would still have people like joseph smith regardless, these people would eat up any supernatural claim with no evidence.

Are you religious? I'm really not that religious.
Not that religious when it comes to ritual but really certain that Christianity is true and religion is really useful for societies and christianity is the greatest thing that pushed the western civilization to greatness and world domination that now makes it so we are really rich and the whole world operates on our rules and our moral values (more or less)

Not that religious when it comes to ritual but really certain that Christianity is true and religion is really useful for societies and christianity is the greatest thing that pushed the western civilization to greatness and world domination that now makes it so we are really rich and the whole world operates on our rules and our moral values (more or less)
I haven't been in church in over 5 years. I don't think I could go in one with a straight face again. I'm not an absolute atheist, but I'm agnostic. I can't be certain god doesn't exist, but I don't have strong faith he does either