Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Have you ever had a close friend?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
It just occurred to me that this is in fact a very fundamental aspect of being a human. Connecting to somebody on more than just a superficial level, more than an acquaintance. Actually sharing your hopes and dreams, worries and troubles.

I'm literally avoidant (or an autist, idk), so I don't really like people or feel this need. But sometimes I do feel pathetic and like a huge loser for not having a friend. But then I actually talk to people and get flashbacks about the things I said for weeks after, overanalyzing everything and imagining they're ridiculing me and talking behind my back.

No, I didn't communicate with people outside school and once the classes were over I walked home and rotted.

I had some close friends 7 years ago in primary school, I've been a friendless autistic outcast ever since I entered to high school

Yes bro. I’ve had about 2 friends in my life who I considered really close. One of them i never saw again after leaving high school which I’m still sad about and the other one moved to a different country.

Sucks.

Yes - many years ago. Now I don't have any friends with whom I meet up on any regular basis.

Yes, and i still have him. Incel as me, of course. We're friends since 25 years ago.

Friends are precious, if you manage to keep one, you're golden.

I find that it's far easier to connect with people over the internet. No halo, no masks(or at least they're less present), just one consciousness to another. As for irl friends, I mostly stopped trying, I haven't met up with anyone for around 5 years, maybe a bit more. It doesn't bother me, I prefer these types of relationships online anyway. A large part of my problem is I find face to face communication extremely difficult, both due to anxiety, and to misinterpreting intentions.

I just want a gf:feelsbadman:

Most of them are brainwashed normies

Yes. Friends are lifefuel tbh.

Yes, but I only bore him, that's why I stopped talking about my problems with him; he isn't even remotely interested in me as a person, he just talks about his plans and I know, that I won't have a place in his life much longer, because he's on the road towards success (both economically and socially). When he's gone, I will have absolutely noone in my life. In the summer holidays, he just gave me his computer to watch some videos, while he was doing some programming.
A few weeks ago, we had a struggle and he told me, that he wasn't away during the holidays, but lied to me, because I am only a burden. We reconciled only a week ago. Years ago, we used to play video games and have sleep-overs, nowadays he only talks about serious things (economy etc.). I had a party at the university and he didn't want to come with me, "because he doesn't drink alcohol". I know that he told me a lie, because he's always partying. He just didn't want to be seen with me in public and - to be quite honest- I can't blame him.
In high school/university I had some acquaintances, but they are only interested in me, because I can provide them with valuable goods. I have never had a true friend in life (except the one mentioned above) and most of my relationships with other people were pure services (I provided them with valuable goods (knowledge, money etc.) and they provided me with emotional validation). In university I cannot compete with others, that's why I will loose the tiny bit of social validation I have left.

I have two close friends. I don't see them often as they went to different universities after high school.

Surprised to see that many here has have/had close friends tbh.

Yea about 13 years ago. We were close friends because of online games tho. If it werent for the games like maplestory, tibia and runescape we probably wouldn't hang out at all. He was like a brother to me even though he was SEA.

Nah. Only ever had one friend but we were just kids so the relationship was only so deep. I kind of think like you, though. I don’t really care for having friends, but I wish I could be invited to parties or have drug connections or occasional hangouts. But I’m not willing to build a bond with someone, it’s too much work and boring. It’s like wanting apples but you’re too lazy to put the work into growing the apple tree. The only relationship I desire is completely conditional.

No. Had a really good friend when I was a teenager, who was my only friend ever, but he was sometimes mean to me. But a very close one, no. Never.

yes I had many but fuck them all tbh

yes I had many but fuck them all tbh

Legit.

remember what I posted about friendships and social-hierarchy? Unfortunately, a lot of relationships in general are about social status and where you stand in relation to that person. That's why pretty girls have ugly friends (to feel pretty) or why some guys have friends where the relationship is very one-sided ("lemme tell you about the time I was the best/saved/won....!").

I mean if you have friends that aren't like that and if it is truly balanced then great but for the most part most relationships aren't equal and the parties don't enter into the relationship expecting to treat/be treated like an equal.

i guess so. not many

I haven’t had real friends since I was 11

told a close friend im incel and he's subtly cut me off

I want to gouge his fucking eyes out

told a close friend im incel and he's subtly cut me off

I want to gouge his fucking eyes out
Never reveal your power level.

only fake friends and normies who never invite me to anything

damn reading all of this makes me valuate my nerd pals
guess i was really lucky to get a bunch of retards as friends during HS, we were outcasted by the entire class and they referred to us as autistic losers when they asked us for something,
but since we were an Established Official Circle of retards we could make fun of beta orbiters and call stacies total whores without remorse while protecting each other from chad/cucks,
i remember the stacies and their group would get in a lot of trouble (thanks to us) and get called to the principal's office, they'd return crying and every single time we fucking died laughing at their pathetic TeeHee faces. The cuck teachers often would scold us for it but we didnt give a fuck because we had each other for moral support.
The straw that broke the camel's back was "the incident"; a Stacy and her orbiters got all caught in the act doing drugs in the fucking school.
Every single time they were called we would make an opera of
e.g. "Stacy, what's the correct answer for X?"
-"*massive in-group sniff*"
and a lot of fucked up shit referencing "the incident", one that included house trespassing :lul:
the bullying was so hard it took us two weeks to make them fall into madness and seek therapy :lul::lul::lul::lul::lul:
we had nice grades so the principal would just tell their parents "They are just teenagers"

now we are all at uni and all i can say is that Tough Times generates Strong Bonds

damn reading all of this makes me valuate my nerd pals
guess i was really lucky to get a bunch of retards as friends during HS, we were outcasted by the entire class and they referred to us as autistic losers when they asked us for something,
but since we were an Established Official Circle of retards we could make fun of beta orbiters and call stacies total whores without remorse while protecting each other from chad/cucks,
i remember the stacies and their group would get in a lot of trouble (thanks to us) and get called to the principal's office, they'd return crying and every single time we fucking died laughing at their pathetic TeeHee faces. The cuck teachers often would scold us for it but we didnt give a fuck because we had each other for moral support.
The straw that broke the camel's back was "the incident"; a Stacy and her orbiters got all caught in the act doing drugs in the fucking school.
Every single time they were called we would make an opera of
e.g. "Stacy, what's the correct answer for X?"
-"*massive in-group sniff*"
and a lot of fucked up shit referencing "the incident", one that included house trespassing :lul:
the bullying was so hard it took us two weeks to make them fall into madness and seek therapy :lul::lul::lul::lul::lul:
we had nice grades so the principal would just tell their parents "They are just teenagers"

now we are all at uni and all i can say is that Tough Times generates Strong Bonds

Hilarious. Treasure your friends, cause once all of you get jobs, you'll see each other less and less, until you wake up one day and realize that you haven't really seen any of them face to face for months.

Where I'm going I don't need friends :feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha:

Yes, they were close but once high school began I saw them once every 2-3 months

Yes. I've always had atleast one very close friend throughout my entire life. If not for them, I would've commited suicide a long time ago. My current best friend even introduces femoids to me, but being an incel, it doesn't help.

Yes. I have many friends. Most people like me as a friend.

Nah, I once thought I had a real friend, but that bastard pointed a knife in my back.

yes, but when our relative status changed too much it strained our relations, also me moving away meant he fell into the sphere of influence of others, mostly cool kids. then it was over once it was obvious he was just comparing our status constantly and wasn't eager to hang out anymore.
it was a good friendship i guess, lasted a good 6-7 years or so.

i had better luck making online friends, there's someone i've been talking to for 17 years straight and we've worked on various projects together

had only a few friends but never a good friend