Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Have you actually read ER's manifesto?

• Thread starter Subhuman Niceguy
  • Start date

Have you read ER's 141-page manifesto?

• Yes, I read the entire manifesto.

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • No, I have not even tried to read it.

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • I skimmed over it.

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters
Yes. I read it fully in late 2014.

Cuz it's long
:feelshaha: I was worried you were about to start preaching! Ok, it is another reason I like ER so much - he liked to write. He probably inherited it from his dad, a Hollywood filmmaker.

Part of it but my attention span is too short

I remember reading it quite a while ago it was a pretty depressing read :fuk:

I read the high school arc just to see where his life lines up with how mine is going

i skimmed through it after i got to page 60 bro

Read the whole thing while I was depressed and high on pain meds after a surgery.
Was beautiful and everything he said was so relatable.

He should have let his brother drown dammit

Yeah, I read the whole thing. Not like I had anything better to do with my time.

He was a bit fucked in the head, ngl.

I read most parts. I liked the part when he’s older the most

we all go a little mad sometimes
I guess that's true. I've found myself questioning my own sanity, and questioning reality and my perception of it quite frequently as of late. I don't feel like I'm in my own head anymore. Sometimes I feel like I'm hanging over a hungry abyss that's ready to swallow me right up, like the ground beneath my feet is ready to cave. I've had moments, too, where I just feel like I completely disconnect from reality and from myself and I don't know where I am or where I'm going. This shit is terrifying.

I skimmed over it, a good writer but I mostly don’t like him

I skimmed over it, tbh my life is worse than his.

Yes i have and related to some of it,like being treated like trash in school,having shit parents,and not getting toilets.

I relate to him, rip saint elliot

I have time periods where I go thru something similar
I feel like it sucks more than it should because it doesn't happen 24/7, so I have some lucidity or sanity to recognize that something very wrong is going on with my brain, undoubtedly due to the constant overwhelming stress and loneliness and the toll it's taking on my brain and body. I kind of almost wish I could just go completely insane, so I can have bliss in my ignorance. :feelsbadman:

Not yet. Might give it a read but I don't have the attention span to go through it in one sitting.

read everything

I had mumkey jones read it for me and someobody else too, so i read it twice

The audio book version will be released soon.