Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Have we been driven mad by the internet itself?

• Thread starter Deleted member 36776
  • Start date
Deleted member 36776

Deleted member 36776

Self-banned
-
Are we victims of the narrator's prophecy in the opening paragraph of Lovecraft's story The Call of Cthulhu?

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.

I severely apologize for the atrocities I committed in Vietnam.:fuk:

Lovecraft is a great author. Glad to see fellow-incels quoting his hallowed words.

That being said, I think the answer to your question is no. Most of us would have been incels regardless of the internet and would thus have suffered more by remaining immersed in :bluepill: lies and ignorance, not less. In fact, the internet has been a great boon to incels. First, because it makes :blackpill: knowledge infinitely easier to spread, thereby attenuating the psychological damage done by :bluepill: programming. And secondly, because it greatly facilitates the building of supportive communities like ours.

Pretty much yes. We are designed to be outside in the woods all day hunting for food or w/e. Not adsorbing knowledge into our brain via internet daily

Lovecraft is a great author. Glad to see fellow-incels quoting his hallowed words.

That being said, I think the answer to your question is no. Most of us would have been incels regardless of the internet and would thus have suffered more by remaining immersed in :bluepill: lies and ignorance, not less. In fact, the internet has been a great boon to incels. First, because it makes :blackpill: knowledge infinitely easier to spread, thereby attenuating the psychological damage done by :bluepill: programming. And secondly, because it greatly facilitates the building of supportive communities like ours.

It's the internet itself which enables Chad chasing, unless you speak of inceldom as an inevitable aspect of the human condition.

It's the internet itself which enables Chad chasing, unless you speak of inceldom as an inevitable aspect of the human condition.
I think hardcore inceldom (i.e., the kind which is caused by noticeable genetic inferiority) has always been with us in one form or another. Chad chasing I regard more as a function of greater sexual freedom and more life course options in general for foids, both of which are developments that started well before the age of Tinder. Though I will grant that Tinder has made it easier for foids to actually find Chad. Even so, I suspect that without Tinder there would simply have been more (intermittent) volceldom among foids. This certainly would not have resulted in more sex for most men who are currently incel.

I think hardcore inceldom (i.e., the kind which is caused by noticeable genetic inferiority) has always been with us in one form or another. Chad chasing I regard more as a function of greater sexual freedom and more life course options in general for foids, both of which are developments that started well before the age of Tinder. Though I will grant that Tinder has made it easier for foids to actually find Chad. Even so, I suspect that without Tinder there would simply have been more (intermittent) volceldom among foids. This certainly would not have resulted in more sex for most men who are currently incel.

:feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
I don't understand this. Why does he write like a weird fag nerd?

"the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality"...i.e, the BlackPill.

"the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality"...i.e, the BlackPill.
sounds complicated

you are burgercel right?

YOu can read english books

I am too stupid to get the nuances of fiction

had to always go on dict.cc to look up translation when I was in high school and had to read those books

I’m more driven mad realizing how similar online gaming communities are now to real life. I am getting blackpilled by just talking to people in MMO’s