Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Have movies gotten worse or am I just being a boomer?

• Thread starter Deleted member 24160
  • Start date
Deleted member 24160

Deleted member 24160

Banned
-
I don't know watching movies from back then there seems to be so much effort put in to them. Even movies from the 2000's have passion and fun. But when I watch movies made now or around the 2010's their just so soul less and bland or just plain terrible. It doesn't help a lot of the most recent ones have been crappy remakes or sequels injected with identity politics.

Popular culture has pretty much always been trash, so not really. However marvel in particular did a major blow to pop culture in film recently, but thankfully producers like a24 are slowly bringing back good movies to the mainstream and shooing out marvel trash

Popular culture has pretty much always been trash, so not really. However marvel in particular did a major blow to pop culture in film recently, but thankfully producers like a24 are slowly bringing back good movies to the mainstream and shooing out marvel trash
People keep blaming marvel for it but I don't think it did. Erase all the MCU movies from cinema history and you still have all the crappy remakes and low effort films plaguing the modern day theater. Though I do agree there has been some good movies like Joker.

Modern film is steaming dog shit

Its not like before

Jews own the media

They most definitely have. The CGI looks fake, but in an unappealing way, SJW undertones, and pointless remakes and ripoffs. But the thing that annoys me the most is that these scriptwriters can't even make a movie without plotholes and continuity issues. They are incompetent and clearly don't care.

They most definitely have. The CGI looks fake, but in an unappealing way, SJW undertones, and pointless remakes and ripoffs. But the thing that annoys me the most is that these scriptwriters can't even make a movie without plotholes and continuity issues. They are incompetent and clearly don't care.
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is probably the worst in the plot regard. The whole trilogy was crap but I've never seen a movie fail so hard in everything but how it looks. There is a guy on deviantart who makes movie concepts and is rewriting it if that interests you:

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is probably the worst in the plot regard. The whole trilogy was crap but I've never seen a movie fail so hard in everything but how it looks. There is a guy on deviantart who makes movie concepts and is rewriting it if that interests you:
They had to retcon the Last Jedi, and it still failed. I clicked the link and I don't see anything regarding the Rise of Skywalker.

They had to retcon the Last Jedi, and it still failed. I clicked the link and I don't see anything regarding the Rise of Skywalker.
Yeah he hasn't finished it yet but I thought you might find the rest of his stuff interesting.

Too many capeshit movies, remakes or reboots of old movies and sequels. It has gotten worse kek God bless utorrent

Yes they have. Movies sucked from their inception until about the late 70s/early 80s. All the good ones came out from then until the early 2010s and now they'r starting to consistently suck again. A good movie from before the 70s or after the early 2010s is a rare exception.

nah they've gotten much worse

But you are 15 or 16 op

nah movies have legit gotten worse even the foids I overhear say movies are trash now

Yes man, 2010's were a creative drought.

Yes man, 2010's were a creative drought.
Movies don't have to be completely new and fresh just entertaining. Which most movies have completely failed to do in the last decade.

To me movies have just gotten shittier and shittier.
The new war movies that are coming out are complete dogshit and cannot compete with classics.
Other movie genres are just automatically garbage.

Modern film is steaming dog shit
Jews own the media

after like 2012 movies went down hill

all these new movies are the fucking same shit just rehashed with slightly different changes

aka

aka

jason born
Mayans

The majority of movies have always been bad. That's why there's only a couple thousand of good movies people pick from the past. The rest are forgotten. If you need to watch a movie go watch Good time (2017).

No you're not a boomer OP. Movies are indeed getting worse (like how the soy ruined Star Wars for example).

No you're not a boomer OP. Movies are indeed getting worse (like how the soy ruined Star Wars for example).
30 years of good stories with one half being declared non-canon and the other rendered useless so rey could become god of the galaxy.

30 years of good stories with one half being declared non-canon and the other rendered useless so rey could become god of the galaxy.
I wish Disney never bought SW tbh, the only thing they did was to put in SJW propaganda to appeal the soys and holes and break the lore.
They ruined my childhood's most favorite franchise.

The 2000s were just plain superior, do you think this current generation could make stuff like American Pie? I'm tired of all the Marvel movies.
I wish Disney never bought SW tbh, the only thing they did was to put in SJW propaganda to appeal the soys and holes and break the lore.
Do you think Disney has also become more Soy over time? I like the Disney renaissance movies.

The 2000s were just plain superior, do you think this current generation could make stuff like American Pie? I'm tired of all the Marvel movies.

Do you think Disney has also become more Soy over time? I like the Disney renaissance movies.
Outside of star wars, some of the upcoming marvel films and this one short film they made which I'll link below I don't think they've gone full blown soy.

Seriously I'm not even that big a fan of star wars I kind of got into it because I like the MMO star wars the old republic but what they've done to such a beloved franchise is disgusting.

Outside of star wars, some of the upcoming marvel films and this one short film they made which I'll link below I don't think they've gone full blown soy.

I wish movie companies would make hand drawn movies again
a7MyEaDonQyZGp9tXhL3rZ3Av-44g6CT4wYb7z78FXcRkfBu63ve7yNF6evzkbEsEv3PLUgNHkMPC0o_VsZVhg99mI2iZEpYpjI4yZYTxUTIgxlezQaQ

Yeah a lot of the 3D ones just feel lifeless compared to hand drawn you know what I mean?
Too bad it's the predominant form factor, and I agree that it feels soulless or uninspired but I don't know what causes this feeling. CGI movies usually feel bland to me.

Too bad it's the predominant form factor, and I agree that it feels soulless or uninspired but I don't know what causes this feeling. CGI movies usually feel bland to me.
To me it's because it looks plastic and all the enviroments and characters are usually pretty dull despite the color. Like look at the princess and the frog movie they made back in I think 2011 all those characters have personalitys you can tell right off the bat. I can't with any 3D character.

What era has your favorite comedy movies?
I'm not really into comedys and the few I've watched sucked. What era do you think action movies were good in?

I'm not really into comedys and the few I've watched sucked. What era do you think action movies were good in?
I don't watch action movies at all but I really loved Drunken Master when I was younger. I'm not this old but this is just what I remember really enjoying when I was younger.