Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Has anyone experienced the Jhanas?

cokeboy

cokeboy

Recruit
★★★
Apparently I had one experience, and a buddhist monk teacher verified that I entered the 6th Jhana. I can also say that it mogs all of the Rx opioids, alcohol, fapping, etc thereafter. Also, I felt like I needed nothing at all, and this includes foids. The contentment was intense and all absorbing.

• First Jhana: Pleasant sensations and no physical aches
  • Second Jhana: Emotional joy and serenity
  • Third Jhana: Contentment
  • Fourth Jhana: Equanimity, with no positive or negative sensations
  • Fifth Jhana: Attention shifts outward, and the body experiences floating sensations
  • Sixth Jhana: Infinity of consciousness
  • Seventh Jhana: Nothingness
  • Eighth Jhana: Neither perception nor non-perception

Last edited:
What the fuck are you talking about

No, but give me some feedback on something I did years ago. I stopped meditating because of it.

I had been doing many variations of breath meditation. After it got easy, I decided to focus on something other than my breathing. I decided to focus on the fact that I'm focusing. This was really intense and difficult to maintain. I took it on as a challenge, but then I started getting panic attacks from it. What's the Buddhist lore on this?

Monks are larpers tbh