Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Has anyone ever believed in a religion before?

U

UltraFayJr.

Banned
-
I know how most people in this site don't believe in the worldwide propaganda known as religion. So how many of you believed in a religion at one point in time?

I still believe in religion,Islam

Why are you on this site? Aren't you under 18?

I was Christian until I was about 11 and realized it was all bullshit.

Also you're a foid or 14 so gtfo

I know how most people in this site don't believe in the worldwide propaganda known as religion. So how many of you believed in a religion at one point in time?
I believe in Jesus and Heaven. It's coping for me to believe that I can be at peace when I finally die

I grew up very religiously, but I left the church a while ago. Without saying the name, they're very much into proselytizing. I don't believe in much now, but I sort of believe in reincarnation, and I guess you can call that coping, having the promise of a better life in the next round.

>worldwide propaganda known as religion
Cringe. You remind me of my 16 year old self.
My parents weren't religious. I would call them cultural christians. I had to attend bible lessons to aquaint myself with the religion that has shaped Europe to a large degree. I never believed in God though and I found bible lessons to be excrutiatingly boring. Anyways, atheism is essentially for those who won't survive and won't reproduce. Christianity and other dominant religions such as Islam are baby making machines and that's why they'll always dominate over the virgin atheist.

I was Christian until I was about 11 and realized it was all bullshit

Same, but I have considered religionmaxxing as a way of ascending but I doubt it would work.

as my username suggests I believe that this is hell. maybe we did something bad in a past life and now are paying the price for it. maybe this is why we have deja vu, when we die our souls are recycled into the same incel body and forced to repeat this nightmare for eternity.

I always had a feeling that it was inherently stupid and thought it was seen as uncool when I was young. I used to feel like there was some meaning to the universe and I couldn’t understand why things are the way they are. Then I researched the history of the major world religions and saw how they were so obviously contrived. Since then I’ve just seen religious people as an object of ridicule.

Well, my whole family is catholic and I was forced to go to church, but I never really believed in God.
as my username suggests I believe that this is hell. maybe we did something bad in a past life and now are paying the price for it. maybe this is why we have deja vu, when we die our souls are recycled into the same incel body and forced to repeat this nightmare for eternity.
interesting theory

I used to until I realized God is an asshole if (s)he exists. More into studying about paganism and ancient beliefs than dogmatically surrendering myself to one deity I have never seen or otherwise witnessed in any unmistakable way.

I used to until I realized God is an asshole if (s)he exists. More into studying about paganism and ancient beliefs than dogmatically surrendering myself to one deity I have never seen or otherwise witnessed in any unmistakable way.
Dayum, the femoids got deep in your head. (((She)))

Same here grew up Christian but ditched it when I was 13 critical thinking and common sense unravel the major world religions fairly easily

Until I was 12 I was a christcuck because my parents brainwashed me.

My family isn't religious so I never really became religious. Haven't been in a church, other than for sightseeing, in probably ~15 years now.

if a GOD existed, wouldn't the rules of gender not apply to it.
Well, since we have no proof of his/her existance IF it really exists it could have any form. Ranging from an ectoplasm to a turd.

Was raised Christian, never took it too seriously but stopped believing completely at 15 or 16.

Skeptic since 9. Full-on atheist since 16 (I'm 24 now) Technically I can be considered a Cultural Christian (since I'm a halfway decent human being & think it's the least cancerous of the Abrahamic 3), but the mysticism still ticks me off. I also believe in Reincarnation.

I follow the Baha'i Faith. We believe that other religions (Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, etc.) were all from God, but they became obsolete when our prophet came in the 1800s. We believe that cultures of the world will continue to decay until the world embraces the Baha'i Faith. Our prophet's plan for civilizing society is to implement Houses of Justice which will punish people for breaking God's law (e.g. stealing, committing fornication, committing adultery etc). We don't have any traditions or rituals and we are very strict regarding sexual morality. Check it out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FreeSpeechBahai/

I was raised a Jehova's Witness, but haven't really believed in it since I was 16. But I do frequently have nightmares where I burn in hell.

Faithmaxx and you will ascend.

I am devout Catholic.

I've been pretty much always a skeptic, or even an agnostic. Now that I think about it, I was actually always and agnostic/atheist even before, but I have recently completely renounced my religion, and Im very happy about it.

I believe however, that there are some alien religions which I currently don't know anything about, which are actually true. Either way, they have some crazy ass truth that no humans have.

I believe religion is a tool to keep society and women in their place. but no i don't believe in god.

I was raised Non-denominational Christian. It was my mother's idea, I don't recall my dad being religious.
I never truly believed in Christ, I was pretending to avoid hell. This caused me a lot of worry and despair, it seemed like nothing I did could make up for faithlessness; and God knew it.

When I was 13 I stopped worrying and used Atheism to cope. My mother convinced me to return to Christ shortly after.
When I was 17 I swallowed my pride and ditched my worry, and admitted defeat. There was no way of knowing whether God was real or if Christ was his son.

I still don't know if I'm going to Hell or if I'm already here. I also don't know whether or not there is any sort of afterlife, my hope is there is paradise after death; or maybe you get another chance at life. But that's just hope, doesn't make it real, despite what the churches say.

I want to believe in God, I truly do. But I just can't, I can't fool myself into thinking God is real and it upsets me.

Was forced to be Christian when I was younger. I coped with it for a long time. While I still believe in God, I do not believe he is fair, and I do not think about him often.

I'm not religious but was raised Christian.

Christian here (Molinism). I believe the universe was Created.

Theology, much like philosophy, is only for a select group of dedicated, high IQ men. This is why it is referred to as a "calling".

Religion divorced from authority and who's institutions have long been corrupted is useless to all but the corrupt.

[Blackpill]
Theology, much like philosophy, is only for a select group of dedicated, high IQ men. This is why it is referred to as a "calling".

Religion divorced from authority and who's institutions have long been corrupted is useless to all but the corrupt.
Religious institutions have always been corrupt. It’s in their very nature to marry themselves with authority and act as the opiate-suppressor of discontent for the masses.