Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

has anybody here tried getting HRT (NOT THE TRANNY KIND)?

mericks

mericks

cripplecel
★★★
i found out i have low testosterone (288 ng/dL, which less less than half the average male) a few years ago before starting cancer treatment, and one of my doctors said i should consider HRT to raise my testosterone level if i survive. Now ive finally gone for over six months without any cancer treatments for the first time and i'm starting to think about it but im also kind of scared to ask.

What does it do to you? will my voice finally deepen (this literally never happened to me not even during puberty)? Will i finally be able to grow muscle mass? or will i just be fucking up my body with artificial hormones for no good reason and risk further ruining my life?

i found out i have low testosterone (288 ng/dL, which less less than half the average male) a few years ago before starting cancer treatment, and one of my doctors said i should consider HRT to raise my testosterone level if i survive. Now ive finally gone for over six months without any cancer treatments for the first time and i'm starting to think about it but im also kind of scared to ask.

What does it do to you? will my voice finally deepen (this literally never happened to me not even during puberty)? Will i finally be able to grow muscle mass? or will i just be fucking up my body with artificial hormones for no good reason and risk further ruining my life?
I think testosterone will only benefit those with a low index. I know a friend who started taking testosterone and his body weight (fat) began to grow, since he did not train, his voice became rougher, well, a beard appeared:feelsokman:

No hrt for your face

no change to voice and its not magic. even with the stuff if you want muscle you still need to put the work in at the gym. which i have not.

Good to see you're still with us, brocel.

Testosterone will improve your mood, energy, and increase muscle mass. It won't affect your voice, but excess testosterone will make you extra horny.

The problem with it, based on the experience of a friend who also had low T and started injecting, is that it peaks really badly when you inject it and then sinks back. It was so bad in his case that he, who's usually a pretty chill guy, picked an unreasonable fight with his driving instructor once after injecting, JFL.

It's the same with ADHD meds (I have it). You take it, the positive effect peaks, you feel NT for like half an hour at best and then back to shit. Unfortunately, it's pretty hard to actually fix those kinds of problems, genetics and being healthy to begin with really trump all, always.

That being said, do it. Being low T must suck. The low libido part is actually desirable if you're incel, but it has so many other negative effects.

UPDATE: my oncologist just called to tell me that they checked the testosterone levels when they drew my blood during an appointment on tuesday and my testosterone is all the way down to 139 ng/dL, which is less that half of what it was three years ago, which was itself already way too low.

For context, female testosterone levels tend to be around 50 ng/dL, and male-to-female transgenders on HRT are generally around 60-100 ng/dL. So my testosterone is so low that i almost qualify as a MtF transgender despite not ever having had any sort of gender-changing hormones or operations. it never even fucking began, not even when i had two legs :feelsUnreal:.

So i have a referral to see a urologist now and he'll undoubtedly put me on some sort of masculinizing HRT. Hopefully that'll turn me into chad, I'll let you guys know what happens either way. Even if im still a loser when i get testosterone, im hoping that itll help with the weight gain and extreme fatigue ive been dealing with.

BTW this is arguably a blessing moreso than a problem since im not getting laid anyways but the other problem ive been having is extremely low libido, i only masturbate about once a week and even then i usually get bored and stop without ever managing to ejaculate. I hardly ever think about sex and when i fantasize about women im really just imagining her more as a room-mate and close friend than a sex partner. Like, at this point i really only want a girlfriend so im not lonely.

what kind of cancer did you have?
Synovial Sarcoma. It's a rarer type of cancer that starts in connective tissue (like muscle, fat, bone, etc). In my case the tumor was growing in my left thigh and later spread to the lungs.

Its also unusual in that most types of cancer primarily effect older people but sarcomas primarily effect younger people. Median age at diagnosis is 30, most other cancers the median age at diagnosis is over 60.

UPDATE: my oncologist just called to tell me that they checked the testosterone levels when they drew my blood during an appointment on tuesday and my testosterone is all the way down to 139 ng/dL, which is less that half of what it was three years ago, which was itself already way too low.

For context, female testosterone levels tend to be around 50 ng/dL, and male-to-female transgenders on HRT are generally around 60-100 ng/dL. So my testosterone is so low that i almost qualify as a MtF transgender despite not ever having had any sort of gender-changing hormones or operations. it never even fucking began, not even when i had two legs :feelsUnreal:.

So i have a referral to see a urologist now and he'll undoubtedly put me on some sort of masculinizing HRT. Hopefully that'll turn me into chad, I'll let you guys know what happens either way. Even if im still a loser when i get testosterone, im hoping that itll help with the weight gain and extreme fatigue ive been dealing with.

BTW this is arguably a blessing moreso than a problem since im not getting laid anyways but the other problem ive been having is extremely low libido, i only masturbate about once a week and even then i usually get bored and stop without ever managing to ejaculate. I hardly ever think about sex and when i fantasize about women im really just imagining her more as a room-mate and close friend than a sex partner. Like, at this point i really only want a girlfriend so im not lonely.
brutal, at least you can take solace in the fact 80% of men have nuked T these days:society:

Synovial Sarcoma. It's a rarer type of cancer that starts in connective tissue (like muscle, fat, bone, etc). In my case the tumor was growing in my left thigh and later spread to the lungs.

Its also unusual in that most types of cancer primarily effect older people but sarcomas primarily effect younger people. Median age at diagnosis is 30, most other cancers the median age at diagnosis is over 60.
how did they find it?
i've got a bunch of markers trending upward that my quack keeps ignoring.
been tired as hell the last few months, losing weight and muscle while being on trt no one seems to see a problem with this. my legs also hurt especially my shin bones, lower back and abdominal pain.
they did find a 3mm polyp they sent that to a lab .

Second testosterone test came back, i scored 93 ng/dL. Haven't heard back from the doctor yet but there's no way in hell i don't get the juice with scores these low.

The normal range for a woman is generally anything below 70, which means i am now sitting upon the cusp of many a tranny's wildest dreams despite specifically trying not to. I'm not making that up btw, even with all the estradiol and test blockers many of them still can't get anywhere near this low.

Anyways worst part is my normie friends. None of them would ever have the balls to criticize me if i was getting a gender transition but they keep telling me I'm going to get "roid rage" despite the fact that I'm getting a prescription from a real doctor and also he's just going to elevate me to the range where most other men are by birthright. Also had several of them tell me that my inability to build muscle weightlifting has nothing to do with low-t, it's all my fault because i must be either overtraining or undertraining.

I would have to triple my testosterone levels to get to the threshold between normal and low testosterone, but even so most men aren't actually anywhere near that low. The median adult male has about 650 ng/dL, and even that statistic is taken across all men of all ages, including geriatric.

how did they find it?
i've got a bunch of markers trending upward that my quack keeps ignoring.
been tired as hell the last few months, losing weight and muscle while being on trt no one seems to see a problem with this. my legs also hurt especially my shin bones, lower back and abdominal pain.
they did find a 3mm polyp they sent that to a lab .

I felt a sharp pain in my knee after running on the treadmill. Two days later it still hurt so i went to urgent care expecting them to tell me i have arthritis but instead they told me to go to the hospital emergency room because i have cancer and also a blood clot.

UPDATE: I HAVE TESTOSTERONE NOW :feelsLightsaber::feelsLightsaber::feelsLightsaber::feelsLightsaber::feelsLightsaber::feelsLightsaber::feelsLightsaber::feelsLightsaber::feelsLightsaber::feelsLightsaber::feelsLightsaber::feelsLightsaber::feelsLightsaber::feelsLightsaber::feelsLightsaber::feelsLightsaber::feelsLightsaber::feelsLightsaber:

The past few months have been absolute hell, it feels like no matter how much i sleep it's never enough. I've had days where I spend 16 hours asleep and 8 hours awake, and even those 8-hours are spent chugging energy drinks and struggling to stay focused on work.

Yesterday I got my first dose of the testosterone, which i inject into the muscle tissue on my thighs once a week. It actually doesn't hurt at all, i barely even felt the needle. However I should mention that I've had so many surgeries, hospital stays and blood tests over the past four years that I may just be accustomed to being poked with hypodermic needles.

So far it hasn't been a completely transformative experience, but my understanding is that steroids don't work until you've taken several doses over a prolonged period of time. This morning I overslept as usual (slept from 12AM-12PM) and still felt exhausted when I woke up, but I haven't been yawning nearly as much as usual and I also haven't needed any naps today. I also went to the grocery store today; as lame as it may sound, this is a big deal for me because for the last two months I've been so exhausted that I couldn't even do that.

Looking forward to how this helps me out over the coming months. I plan to eat healthier and start exercising although for now I still feel too exhausted for that. I did purchase some salad greens at the grocery store and I'm going to gradually get accustomed to cooking for myself as my fatigue (hopefully) subsides.