Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Gymcels: How do you stay motivated?

• Thread starter Deleted member 17997
  • Start date
Deleted member 17997

Deleted member 17997

KHHV
-
Every once in a while I have a spike of motivation to do exercise and then it goes away after a couple of days and I just LDAR. How do you guys stay motivated?

imagine thinking the gym will do anything as an incel

I hated seeing stacies at the gym

Have good music to listen to as you work out

Focus on the process. Focus just on going to the gym and working as hard as you can. See it as meditation time. Don't worry about the result, because it will never be done. The health benefits will come, but it takes time for you to feel or see a noticeable difference, and they don't come evenly, so focusing entirely on the process is your best route. When you're just starting, you can bump up the weight you do every week for a while. Focus on that, gamify it, hack it.

watching my weight go down is a pretty good motivator

Strength and leanness both make LDARing more comfortable.

Assuming you haven't given up on looksmaxing, getting stronger and leaner (mostly leaner tbh) will improve your looks substantially, especially if you're exceptionally skinny and/or fat.

1.Don't want to lose the progress I made.
2.Fatphobia
3.Just lifting heavy weights aggressively makes me feel better

These are the main motivators for me

idk it's like an addiction.
I simply can't stop

I'm addicted to it.

I get motivated about my calisthenics training when I can do more advanced moves than the previous ones (handstand push ups, muscle ups for example).

1.Don't want to lose the progress I made.
2.Fatphobia
Also this tbh.