Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Gymcels how do you get over your anxiety when going to the gym?

Left4DeadDarkie

Left4DeadDarkie

Xe/Xer Pansexual non binary
★★★★★
This is probably the main reason why I don't go because I have bad social anxiety so can you guys tell me how I can overcome this shit?

@gymletethnicel @Samurai @FucktheFBI @gymcellragefuel @Ron.Belgrade @Ernst22 @VideoGameCoper

Last edited:
I have extremely bad social anxeity, at one point I would wear a mask ans hoodie if I went outside( I only used to go out at night tho) here's how I got over my anxiety while, going to the gym:

I don't go the gym.

This is probably the main reason why I don't go because I have bad social anxiety so can you guys tell me how I can overcome this shit?

@gymletethnicel @Samurai @FucktheFBI @gymcellragefuel @Ron.Belgrade @Ernst22 @VideoGameCoper
It's like jumping in cold water tbh

Just DGAF what people think about you theory.

you dont have to get over anything. instead of gym, do body weights exercises, run and stretch after youre done.

Go when it's empty or get a home gym
Or just get some dumbbells and train at home for a couple months before going to the gym

Earphones. Then realise that literally 99% of people in the gym are on your level or only slightly above you. Some will be worse than you.

Start by training at home, once you get a feel for it sign up at the gym. It’ll save you a lot of embarrassment and stares from training wrong.

Earphones. Then realise that literally 99% of people in the gym are on your level or only slightly above you. Some will be worse than you.
Good idea.

I'll also probably try what @InceldianWarrior said and go when it's emptier as well

I do it by doing my home gym

But seriously probably use a personal trainer if you have anxiety so you wont have to deal with normies as much

Last edited:
I have a home gym, all you need is a power rack, a barbell and some weights. my set was $400 in total.
back when I used to go to the gym I just kept to myself and if I was waiting for a machine to clear I would just stand behind them staring at my phone until they moved. stopped going when I saw myself in the background of some female's thirst trap despite the gym having a no camera policy

Real men workout in their backyard or home.

Just get up and go. I was once very nervous, but after just buying a membership online and going in early morning I got used to it very quickly. Have fun brocel

Im not nervous because Im used to it ig it feels like home but when my contract ends I will definitely start working out at home

U should get a home gym its not that expensive even just a set of dumbbells and an adjustable bench is enough

Find a gym that is open late at night. Only other men will be there at that time and not many anyway. You will hardly ever need to say anything. Even if you go in the day, just don’t speak unless spoken to and you will be fine. It really feels uncomfortable initially, but you will get over it and it will feel normal

just have good form and nobody makes fun of you