Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Guitarcels GTFIH how hard is this?

I

_incelinside

☆☆☆☆☆
★★★★★
I don't play guitar but i'm wondering how much skill it would take to cover this

Pretty hard

I’ve tried it before and can pull it off but I’ve been playing since I was 12

It takes a lot of time to get your tapping technique down

A fellow Guitarcel cool. What type of genre do you mainly play, and have you played in bands before ?

Laughably easy ngl. The faster parts are pulled off using pull-offs and hammer-ons, so the right hand doesn't have to do anything(generally right hand coordination and speed is much more difficult than whatever the left hand has to do).
If you've played guitar for more than a year and can't pull this off, then go ER.

Only ever played by myself because nobody wants an autist in their band

Play progressive rock and blues mainly. Some of my favourites are SRV, Porcupine tree, Gary Hoey, Robben Ford and Pink floyd

Cool. I've played in a few local country/rock bands before but never lasted that long due to stage fright and problems with band members.

I like various genres of music but I'm only good at blues and country. I like rock and metal as well, but I've never really had the skill and talent for fast soloing. Honestly. Guitar is one of the only copes/hobbies that I've kept up with over the years.

Cheers boyo.

Pretty hard

I’ve tried it before and can pull it off but I’ve been playing since I was 12

It takes a lot of time to get your tapping technique down
You better be 12.5 years old

Last edited:
There is no skill in copying someone elses solo note for note. Thats probably one of the lamest things you can do.

And it will take a long while. You have to first learn how guitars work and all the little fundamentals and develop muscle memory then you can just use a TAB and go from there. You also have to learn about gear and all the little nuances and effects because you cant shred on a 10w practice amp without sounding like relative shit.

Proper way is to learn the major scale in every postion on the fretboard and learn the basics of music theory and harmony, so you can bust out your own solo (which is piss easy compared to going through the painstaking process of trying to memorize someone elses weedly weedly bullshit yourself)

Unless youre some high iq asian brainchad its gonna take years.

Eddie is a beast. He's not easy to copy without having years of experience. Though his solos are basic in theory (minor pentatonic/diatonic), his execution is flawless. If you've neevr played I'll give you five years of lax effort, 2 years of dedication.