Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Guitar learning thread

zangano1

zangano1

involuntary incel
★★★★★
Im learning guitar. In this thread we are gonna post the best tutorials and exercises for begginers, and ask any question we may have. Guitarcels can also give advice to begginercels.

Learn and practise G, C and D chords and you can play a ton of songs.

I don't know any chords i just look for songs and try to play them
Personally I'd start with chords (down the line you can use these to do fingerpicking stuff) but I dunno, that's just what I did anyway.

Wich ones do I learn first?
Power chords are easier and good if you've got an electric. You don't want to rely on them too much though but the main thing at first is probably getting used to the endless pressing down of strings.

Power chords are easier and good if you've got an electric. You don't want to rely on them too much though but the main thing at first is probably getting used to the endless pressing down of strings.
I don't have an electric guitar. I'm gonna learn normal chords. I don't even know what a chords is tbh

I don't have an electric guitar. I'm gonna learn normal chords. I don't even know what a chords is tbh
a chord is a chord and can be made in any polyphonic instrument like a piano, guitar , etc
You can play any kind of chords on a guitar, acoustic or electric

DO THIS

Index finger on the 5th fret (slot) of the thickest string
now add your ring finger pressing on the 7th fret on the string below the first step
strum with your right hand, you have a power chord

DO THIS

now add your ring finger pressing on the 7th fret on the string below the first step
Doesnt seem to work.
Im gonna learn chords now tbh. Any good tutorial on youtube?

Doesnt seem to work.
Im gonna learn chords now tbh. Any good tutorial on youtube?
This is what he’s trying to tell you
BED03BA7 3564 4582 B283 D49FC2DC0D92

you can move this around and root your index on the a string too. With this shape you can play most rock and metal riffs

After i put my fingers on those 2 strings, do i swipe only those strings or all of them?
It’s three strings, and you strum just those three. In the image he is fretting it with index, ring, and pinky

if you do it on the fifth fret like the other user said it will be an A power chord A, E, A. It’s not an actual chord since chords are made up of three or more different notes. Power chords are dyads.

You play the 1st(root), 5th, and the octave of a Major scale < you don’t need to know this, just explaining.

View: https://youtu.be/ZBYoI7e3v5Y

View: https://youtu.be/0lVdMbUx1_k

DO THIS

It’s three strings, and you strum just those three. In the image he is fretting it with index, ring, and pinky

if you do it on the fifth fret like the other user said it will be an A power chord A, E, A. It’s not an actual chord since chords are made up of three or more different notes. Power chords are dyads.

You play the 1st(root), 5th, and the octave of a Major scale < you don’t need to know this, just explaining.

View: https://youtu.be/ZBYoI7e3v5Y

View: https://youtu.be/0lVdMbUx1_k

I see. Useful stuff. Doesnt sound that good on acoustic tbh.

This is the kind of song where it can work though:

Nice. But i want to play fingerstyle or something like that. But I think that would be too hard for me yet, Ill start with this kind of things for now

Justin guitar. Thank me later

I gave up inmediately, I should try again soon
Justin guitar. Thank me later
I had seen him before tbh, Im gonna see more of it tomorrow

I gave up inmediately, I should try again soon

I had seen him before tbh, Im gonna see more of it tomorrow
He's awesome man. Learn some basic chords and your barre chords and start learning songs you like. Justin guitar is awesome

He's awesome man. Learn some basic chords and your barre chords and start learning songs you like. Justin guitar is awesome
I saw his video on power chords, someone posted it earlier on this thread. It was really useful

Im learning guitar. In this thread we are gonna post the best tutorials and exercises for begginers, and ask any question we may have. Guitarcels can also give advice to begginercels.
save

If I had kept practicing I would have 6 months of experince by now, but like always, I gave up after a few days. Time to start again

Last edited:
What about now? How’s your progress after 5 months ? I’m also learning rn so jus wanna see what you’ve gotten down so far

What about now? How’s your progress after 5 months ? I’m also learning rn so jus wanna see what you’ve gotten down so far
I gave up after like 1 week :feelsgah:
I need to give it another try