Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story Google Bard surprised me by writing an incel Thanksgiving story. I didn't ask it to.

• Thread starter FrothySolutions
  • Start date
FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★
Bard has the ability to look at pictures, right? You can use pictures in your prompts. I shared this picture with Bard and said "Write dialogue for a film set here."

Here's the story it wrote.

INT. DINING ROOM - NIGHT

A man, MATTISON (30s), sits alone at a Thanksgiving dinner table. The turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, cranberry sauce, and other dishes are all untouched. A football game plays silently on the TV in the background.

Mattison looks down at his plate, then up at the camera.

MATTISON(to himself)So, here I am. Thanksgiving dinner. All alone.

Mattison sighs and picks up his fork. He takes a bite of turkey, but it's dry and tasteless. He chews for a moment, then swallows.

MATTISON (CONT'D)This is pathetic.

Mattison puts down his fork and sits back in his chair. He looks around the empty dining room.

MATTISON (CONT'D)I guess I should have gone to my sister's place after all. But I couldn't stand the thought of spending the holidays with her and her new husband. They're so happy and in love. It would just rub it in my face how alone I am.

Mattison picks up his camera and starts filming himself.

MATTISON (CONT'D)I don't know why I'm doing this. Maybe I'm just trying to prove to myself that I'm not really as lonely as I feel. Or maybe I'm just hoping that someone, somewhere, will watch this and see me. And understand.

Mattison puts down his camera and picks up his fork again. He takes another bite of turkey, this time forcing himself to finish it.

MATTISON (CONT'D)I'm going to get through this. I have to.

Mattison continues eating, slowly and methodically. He doesn't say anything else, just the occasional sigh or grunt. He keeps filming himself, though, even as he becomes more and more disheveled.

Finally, Mattison finishes his plate. He sits back in his chair, exhausted.

MATTISON (CONT'D)Well, that's over.

Mattison looks at the camera.

MATTISON (CONT'D)I don't know what else to say. I guess I just wish someone was here with me. To share this meal with. To talk to. To laugh with.

Mattison looks down at his plate again.

MATTISON (CONT'D)Happy Thanksgiving.

Mattison turns off the camera.

[SCENE END]

Optional Ending:

After a few seconds, Mattison turns the camera back on.

MATTISON (CONT'D)Actually, I take that back.

Mattison stands up and walks over to the window. He looks out at the empty street.

MATTISON (CONT'D)I don't wish anyone was here with me. Because if they were, they'd see me for who I really am. A loser. A failure. A pathetic excuse for a human being.

Mattison turns back to the camera.

MATTISON (CONT'D)So, to everyone who's watching this, I have one message:

Mattison raises his middle finger.

MATTISON (CONT'D)Happy Thanksgiving.

Mattison turns off the camera and walks away.

[SCENE END]

Not only did I not ask Bard to go dark like this, but all the major AIs and language models are supposed to be geared towards positivity. I've worked with Bard and ChatGPT alike, any stories that might trend toward even slightly negative end, at the very least, with a glimmer of hope for the protagonist. They pick themselves up and plan for tomorrow. But this time it didn't.

And so this time, I find myself actually captivated by this "Mattison" guy. I want his story to continue. I don't wanna control his story, but I wanna know what happens to him next. What's he doing on Black Friday? What about December 1st?

>MATTISON (CONT'D) I don't wish anyone was here with me. Because if they were, they'd see me for who I really am. A loser. A failure. A pathetic excuse for a human being.

Mattison should sign up for an .is account

>MATTISON (CONT'D) I don't wish anyone was here with me. Because if they were, they'd see me for who I really am. A loser. A failure. A pathetic excuse for a human being.

Mattison should sign up for an .is account

As the rest of his holiday season unfolds, maybe he will.

Saint Mattison

All because he's 5'3. Thoughts and Prayers.

Lol I told it to write a story for based road cleaner and it censored the picture.20231109 084831