Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Getting all four wisdom teeth out tomorrow...

• Thread starter Deleted member 1783
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1783

Self-banned
-
...can only hope that the anesthesiologist messes up and kills me somehow

Lol you fell for it

under general anestheisia or what? usually its just simple shots into mouth area and thats it

dr-problematic said:
under general anestheisia or what? usually its just simple shots into mouth area and thats it

All four are impacted actually, so they've strongly recommended IV sedation

You can be free

Next week or two are gonna be annoying.

NekoStance said:
Most premature wisdom tooth removal are unnecessary

It's actually in preparation for my $40,000 jaw + chin surgery i'm getting done in a few months

ItheIthe said:
Next week or two are gonna be annoying.

how so

Happened to me. It was terrible. I also got an infection in my gum that I had to constantly clean out. At its worst I was popping this green pus-filled sac in my gums multiple times a day in the school bathroom. The pus tasted like death.

blickpall said:
Happened to me. It was terrible. I also got an infection in my gum that I had to constantly clean out. At its worst I was popping this green pus-filled sac in my gums multiple times a day in the school bathroom. The pus tasted like death.

got prescribed 20 percocets, worth

catch me dead

blickpall said:
Lol don't get hooked fam.

i’ll try not to.........

have you used them before?

blickpall said:

I'm glad I declined removing mines.

ow
Bushladen008 said:
I'm glad I declined removing mines.

if they’re impacted you have basically no choice, either get it over with now or live cringing every time you yawn until you die.

soulartemis said:
ow
if they’re impacted you have basically no choice, either get it over with now or live cringing every time you yawn until you die.

The dentist wanted to remove mine at 15 year old , I'm 24 now. Sure, my teeth are not 100% straight but I don't really care.

blickpall said:

1323123516269.jpg

Bushladen008 said:
The dentist wanted to remove mine at 15 year old , I'm 24 now. Sure, my teeth are not 100% straight but I don't really care.

i’m the opposite way. braces and planned jaw + chin surgery. i want to come close to perfect as possible

blickpall said:

were you hooked?

if so. how easy/bad was getting yourself out of the hellhole of addiction?

soulartemis said:
were you hooked?

if so. how easy/bad was getting yourself out of the hellhole of addiction?

Yes but not directly from the pills I got after my wisdom teeth. That wasn't my first exposure to them either. It was when I was living on my own and working manual labor, being famished and in pain all the time, thus self-medicating, so in reality the situation wasn't much different except I was older and could self-medicate as much as I wanted. That proved to be the difference because I just kept eating more and more per day until I was wholly reliant on them. Weeks went by without a sober moment - waking up hungover, pop 2 vicodin, bullshit in a local deli stealing their wifi for 4 hours, go to work, pop 2 vicodin on the way, work 5 hours, pop 2 vicodin, work 5 more hours, pop 2 vicodin, drink 8+ beers and pass out, rinse repeat 6 days a week. Towards the end of it, I was legitimately zombified and "losing" time. It hit me particularly hard when I ran out and although I wasn't immediately dying, I was sobering up on the way to work from the day before and I asked what day it was and realized my mental clock was 2 weeks off.

Getting off of them wasn't terrible in the way you hear about people having withdrawal pangs and 3 days/nights of sweats and cravings. It was far more terrible returning to reality with a hunger beyond food, water, and sleep 24/7. I was already an avid smoker so it wasn't something new to me but it was just different, and more oppressive. It took me quite a long time to get over that. I was relocating when I quit, so I had the benefit of having the most effective treatment for addiction - removing yourself from the people, places, and things. Even so, it was still difficult. If I wasn't also moving at the time to a very supportive and low-maintenance environment, I never would have quit and would've been dead in a gutter within the year I'm sure.

I still did some opiates later in my life but I knew my limits and thus treated them with a lot of respect and fear, and never got hooked again.

blickpall said:
Yes but not directly from the pills I got after my wisdom teeth. That wasn't my first exposure to them either. It was when I was living on my own and working manual labor, being famished and in pain all the time, thus self-medicating, so in reality the situation wasn't much different except I was older and could self-medicate as much as I wanted. That proved to be the difference because I just kept eating more and more per day until I was wholly reliant on them. Weeks went by without a sober moment - waking up hungover, pop 2 vicodin, bullshit in a local deli stealing their wifi for 4 hours, go to work, pop 2 vicodin on the way, work 5 hours, pop 2 vicodin, work 5 more hours, pop 2 vicodin, drink 8+ beers and pass out, rinse repeat 6 days a week. Towards the end of it, I was legitimately zombified and "losing" time. It hit me particularly hard when I ran out and although I wasn't immediately dying, I was sobering up on the way to work from the day before and I asked what day it was and realized my mental clock was 2 weeks off.

Getting off of them wasn't terrible in the way you hear about people having withdrawal pangs and 3 days/nights of sweats and cravings. It was far more terrible returning to reality with a hunger beyond food, water, and sleep 24/7. I was already an avid smoker so it wasn't something new to me but it was just different, and more oppressive. It took me quite a long time to get over that. I was relocating when I quit, so I had the benefit of having the most effective treatment for addiction - removing yourself from the people, places, and things. Even so, it was still difficult. If I wasn't also moving at the time to a very supportive and low-maintenance environment, I never would have quit and would've been dead in a gutter within the year I'm sure.

I still did some opiates later in my life but I knew my limits and thus treated them with a lot of respect and fear, and never got hooked again.

Jesus... vidocin has acetaminophen, and drinking alcohol with it fucking REKT your liver dude.

Thanks for the interesting insight though. I'm limited to my 20-pill bottle and, as with most novel drugs I try, I have no way of getting more of it, so I hope I won't fall down the slippery slope.

soulartemis said:
Jesus... vidocin has acetaminophen, and drinking alcohol with it fucking REKT your liver dude.

Thanks for the interesting insight though. I'm limited to my 20-pill bottle and, as with most novel drugs I try, I have no way of getting more of it, so I hope I won't fall down the slippery slope.

Somehow my liver seems fine, but I guess it can still come back to haunt me when I get older. Hopefully it won't.

I know this is probably not something I should be saying right now, but you can easily just go back and say "it still hurts," and get more. That's what a lot of people do. Here's some interesting (estimated due to memory stats) about prescription pain killers:

70% of people are prescribed more than they need to manage their pain.
Of the remaining 30%, 70-80% don't use their entire prescription anyway.
Of all people who are prescribed pain killers for an acute issue, 7% will still be using opiates a year later.

In other words, you have in your hand an amount that is likely more than you need or more than you will use, and you could be still using them at the end of the year (abuse is heavily implied here). Best of luck and I wish you a speedy recovery.

blickpall said:
Somehow my liver seems fine, but I guess it can still come back to haunt me when I get older. Hopefully it won't.

I know this is probably not something I should be saying right now, but you can easily just go back and say "it still hurts," and get more. That's what a lot of people do. Here's some interesting (estimated due to memory stats) about prescription pain killers:

70% of people are prescribed more than they need to manage their pain.
Of the remaining 30%, 70-80% don't use their entire prescription anyway.
Of all people who are prescribed pain killers for an acute issue, 7% will still be using opiates a year later.

In other words, you have in your hand an amount that is likely more than you need or more than you will use, and you could be still using them at the end of the year (abuse is heavily implied here). Best of luck and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Thanks, my wisdom teeth is not painful at all (so far), and I haven't even tried one perc yet. The prescription bottle says it expires in 1 year, so assuming I do them every 18.25 days, or around 2 and a half weeks... i should be good right?

soulartemis said:
Thanks, my wisdom teeth is not painful at all (so far), and I haven't even tried one perc yet. The prescription bottle says it expires in 1 year, so assuming I do them every 18.25 days, or around 2 and a half weeks... i should be good right?

Lmao you shouldn't be premeditating it that way, but yea, it will be practically impossible to get hooked at that rate IMO.

I had mind removed at 14 for no reason