Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Gaokao - a brutal test that's basically the only criteria to get into college in China

andinocel

andinocel

Overlord
★★
The gaokao is essentially the equivalent of the US SAT exam --- but harder. The difficulty levels are more at GRE levels.

Yes, it sucks if you don't do well. But you know what? None of this shit you see in the US: "Tyrone sucks at math and can't form full sentences but he got a football scholarship!" , "volunteering experience at her church shows Stacy's leadership qualities!", "Chad's Dad donated".
Am I saying it's perfect? Of course not. Is there corruption in the gaokao system? Yes, absolutely. But at least the concept is there ---- if you can mentally hack the material, you're in. Basically Chinese kids are rewarded for being recluses. In contrast, lately in the US there's this whining that testing is "unfair"

just slave away ur childhood and miss out on crucial social developmental stages bro

The Chinese jews want snarter slaves.

Are you joking? Corruption is extremely rampant in china.. I have no idea how you could consider it more fair at all. Not to mention that cheating on tests is a commonplace thing there too, I regularly hear of chinese students who come abroad getting into trouble because they think that cheating is a normal thing here.

I love Chinese food

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back