Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

G.K. Chesterton on Russia and Germany.

NorthernWind

NorthernWind

Paragon
★★★★★
G.K. Chesterton was famous English journalist, poet, biographer, historian, debater, radio personality, novelist and Catholic apologist.

"Russia has a policy which she pursues, if you will, through evil and good; but at least so as to produce good as well as evil.

Let it be granted that the policy has made her oppressive to the Finns and the Poles - though the Russian Poles feel far less oppressed than do the Prussian Poles.

But it is a mere historical fact, that if Russia has been a despot to some small nations, she has been a deliverer to others. She did, so far as in her lay, emancipate the Servians and the Montenegrins. But whom did Prussia ever emancipate - even by accident?...

Russia is pursuing certain intelligible and sincere ends, which to her at least are ideals, and for which, therefore, she will make sacrifices and will protect the weak.

But the North German soldier is a sort of abstract tyrant, everywhere and always on the side of materialistic tyranny.

This Teuton in uniform has been found in strange places: shooting farmers before Saratoga and flogging soldiers in Surrey, hanging niggers in Africa and raping girls in Wicklow; but never, by some mysterious fatality, lending a hand to the freeing of a single city or the independence of one solitary flag.

Wherever scorn and prosperous oppression are, there is the Prussian; unconsciously consistent, instinctively restrictive, innocently evil; 'following darkness like a dream."

What year is this quote from?

The Russian Empire was a global multi-ethnic project, like the United States, but only if people came to the United States themselves, then different peoples came to Russia through the annexation of territories through wars.

The Russian Empire was a global multi-ethnic project, like the United States, but only if people came to the United States themselves, then different peoples came to Russia through the annexation of territories through wars.
The prison of nations as Lenin put it

Germans civilized the Baltics and were crucial in the economic and scientific development of Eastern Europe.

Germans civilized the Baltics and were crucial in the economic and scientific development of Eastern Europe.
They conquered only part of Baltics ( if you mean conquests by military orders in XIII-XIV centuries ).
As for scientific development, I'm not sure. Poland already had university in XIV century.

They conquered only part of Baltics ( if you mean conquests by military orders in XIII-XIV centuries ).
As for scientific development, I'm not sure. Poland already had university in XIV century.
The Germans introduced advanced agricultural methods and technologies, founded permanent cities, and expanded the European trade network. Additionally, Germans had a huge presence in the development and modernization of the Russian Empire much later.

I am half-slavic myself and recognize that the Germans have had a benevolent influence on Eastern Europe despite their chauvinistic attitudes. Anti-German Slavic nationalism is a retarded african tier cope based on an inferiority complex that will get slavs nowhere.

The Germans introduced advanced agricultural methods and technologies, founded permanent cities, and expanded the European trade network. Additionally, Germans had a huge presence in the development and modernization of the Russian Empire much later.
Not every East European country used advanced agricultural methods though.

I am half-slavic myself and recognize that the Germans have had a benevolent influence on Eastern Europe despite their chauvinistic attitudes. Anti-German Slavic nationalism is a retarded african tier cope based on an inferiority complex that will get slavs nowhere.
Don't you think that this 'anti-German nationalism' is fueled by German arrogance and hatred towards Slavs?
It's funny that I was raised in a typical Soviet family but no one really talked bad about Germans or promoted hatred against Germany despite official 'Victory Day' propaganda.
My mother even wanted to study German so I looked at Germany like at a typical Western country despite the war.
But on this forum I learned that many Germans and Germany sympathisers still hold a grudges against anything Russian in general and have disparaging attitude towards Russian history.
So it's mostly their fault if their arrogant attitude leads to anti-German feelings.