Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

"Focus in yourself" is not a sustainable advice

• Thread starter Subhuman Gamercel
  • Start date
Subhuman Gamercel

Subhuman Gamercel

Recruit
★★
With this trending over last years in the personal development there comes always the same shitty advice about focusing in oneself and nothing else. Im the type of person that likes going on his own mostly and isolates himself very often and I still know very well that this is not useful advice in the long-term. Sure, you may get happy at first with your progress but it comes a time when:

1-Progress is slower or even stops because law of diminishing returns.
2-The desire to show off, even if it is to one single person, increases.

I saw it with the gym very well. I know I talk a lot about gym in my posts but is one of the things where the Blackpill shines (genetics, efforts without rewards, etc) At the beginning it was so fucking simple and easy, 3 days doing my sets and reps, and voila, in a matter of weeks I could do pull ups, stay in planche 1 minute or more, my first dip, etc. But when I had been some months into it, it was not as easy to get one arm push up or pull up, or more complex exercises, and not having enough natural flexibility for that, or enough balance for this, etc.

Whats left? To show off. But nobody really cared about my gains. Add that I have negative frame. Yes, I am relatively healthy, decent shape at first sight, but what now? That does not save me from feeling like a waste very often and long sessions of LDAR. LDARing with strong arms and shoulders, but LDARing anyways.

I am pretty sure is similar to other areas. So when it come these gurus saying to us to focus in ourselves and we eventually will do better at life, I say, I will only FEEL better at the beginning, then Im gonna be like I used to or even worse.

its easy to give bluepilled advice when you're in a privlleged position. moral of the story is to never listen to normies

its easy to give bluepilled advice when you're in a privlleged position. moral of the story is to never listen to normies
Pretty much this.
Just like telling a black slave it will get better

Often they only say that to make us shut up about our problems, but sometimes they might be genuine because they don't understand our starvation of validation.

The gym example you gave is exactly my experience, but to make it worse, I've actually been regressing in strength. I was stronger 5+ years ago then I am now.

So when it come these gurus saying to us to focus in ourselves and we eventually will do better at life, I say, I will only FEEL better at the beginning, then Im gonna be like I used to or even worse.
Fair point. You've just followed empty scam advice aimed to keep your mounth shut, so you may not complain, and nothing else. That's where that feeling of being "used up" comes from.

Also, only men get this advice.

Focus on yourself and don't even think to ever bother prime females :soy::feelspuke:

With this trending over last years in the personal development there comes always the same shitty advice about focusing in oneself and nothing else. Im the type of person that likes going on his own mostly and isolates himself very often and I still know very well that this is not useful advice in the long-term. Sure, you may get happy at first with your progress but it comes a time when:

1-Progress is slower or even stops because law of diminishing returns.
2-The desire to show off, even if it is to one single person, increases.

I saw it with the gym very well. I know I talk a lot about gym in my posts but is one of the things where the Blackpill shines (genetics, efforts without rewards, etc) At the beginning it was so fucking simple and easy, 3 days doing my sets and reps, and voila, in a matter of weeks I could do pull ups, stay in planche 1 minute or more, my first dip, etc. But when I had been some months into it, it was not as easy to get one arm push up or pull up, or more complex exercises, and not having enough natural flexibility for that, or enough balance for this, etc.

Whats left? To show off. But nobody really cared about my gains. Add that I have negative frame. Yes, I am relatively healthy, decent shape at first sight, but what now? That does not save me from feeling like a waste very often and long sessions of LDAR. LDARing with strong arms and shoulders, but LDARing anyways.

I am pretty sure is similar to other areas. So when it come these gurus saying to us to focus in ourselves and we eventually will do better at life, I say, I will only FEEL better at the beginning, then Im gonna be like I used to or even worse.
Nice observations man, it's really hard to ever go on a track where you're working hard... and there's actually something waiting for you at the end. Working hard is easy. Without a payoff, dissapointment is inevitable, truth is almost nobody is an "angel" that always goes for the journey and not the destination, and is satisfied with little or no rewards for their work.

focusing on myself via wagecucking saving for my sea harem