Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Final Fantasy Discussion Thread

Battlefield3cel

Battlefield3cel

Banned
-
Talk anything FF related here. I have played nearly all of them, and my faves are probably V, VI and X. 

I was thinking about picking up XV now that its resonably priced. Anyone else here played it/recommend it?

I have been thinking of buying an old FF to play on PSN classics. Which would you guys suggest I try first out of VI, VIII, IX, X, and XII? I have played 7 and some of the older ones

solblue said:
I have been thinking of buying an old FF to play on PSN classics.  Which would you guys suggest I try first out of VI, VIII, IX, X, and XII?  I have played 7 and some of the older ones

VI. However, those are all good games. You can get V on psn classics aswell if you dig the style of VI. 

VI has one of the best villains. The world is cool too. Good characters. Very charming

Final Fantasy Tactics advanced on Gameboy Advance <3, you could even download the GBA emulator, and FFTA rom, to play it on your computer.

SI_WiiUVC_FinalFantasyTacticsAdvance_image1600w.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

idkwattodowithlife said:
Final Fantasy Tactics advanced on Gameboy Advance <3, you could even download the GBA emulator, and FFTA rom, to play it on your computer.

SI_WiiUVC_FinalFantasyTacticsAdvance_image1600w.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Great game,  I have War of the Lions on PSP which is basically a remake. I'm playing Disgaea 5 Complete at the moment which is similar. It is also very good

I really liked the story of III. Compared to I and II the gameplay felt much deeper and well-developed as well. I admit that nostalgia for that style of graphics played a large role in it, but it's still my favorite thus far. I haven't played anything past X though.

blickpall said:
I really liked the story of III. Compared to I and II the gameplay felt much deeper and well-developed as well. I admit that nostalgia for that style of graphics played a large role in it, but it's still my favorite thus far. I haven't played anything past X though.

III was good but it's one of my least played. I have it on DS somewhere. Is that the one with the Onion knights? FFI is definitely my least played, followed by II.

Edit: do you mean 3 or 6 cuz in america they are numbered differently from japan

Battlefield3cel said:
III was good but it's one of my least played. I have it on DS somewhere. Is that the one with the Onion knights? FFI is definitely my least played, followed by II.

Edit: do you mean 3 or 6 cuz in america they are numbered differently from japan

I meant 3, the one with the Onion Knights. I borrowed my friend's DS to play it.

Battlefield3cel said:
VI. However, those are all good games. You can get V on psn classics aswell if you dig the style of VI. 

VI has one of the best villains. The world is cool too. Good characters. Very charming

VI and VIII were my front runners.  I've read Kefka is an actually interesting villain and that there are a dozen playable characters.  It will be nostalgic playing an old-school jrpg around Christmas.  Thanks

I haven't played it but 15 looks like dogshit

Indari said:
I haven't played it but 15 looks like dogshit

The world looks beautiful and apparently the combat is a fresh take but the story is supposed to be disjointed garbage so Im not sure whether to get it

Battlefield3cel said:
The world looks beautiful and apparently the combat is a fresh take but the story is supposed to be disjointed garbage so Im not sure whether to get it

I've heard the camera during combat is shit and stuff like trees gets in the way, magic is useless and hits your own guys, and combat is weightless and has no impact. There's tons of pointless side quests like get 10 of thing or plant potatoes and yeah the story is meh. The graphics are good but the world looks empty. I watched this guy play it and it looks boring https://youtu.be/yM4gUYojr0I

Indari said:
I've heard the camera during combat is shit and stuff like trees gets in the way, magic is useless and hits your own guys, and combat is weightless and has no impact. There's tons of pointless side quests like get 10 of thing or plant potatoes and yeah the story is meh. The graphics are good but the world looks empty. I watched this guy play it and it looks boring https://youtu.be/yM4gUYojr0I
Thx for the vid, I will take a look today. The magic system sounds pretty bad. I heard summons were fucked. 

Those side quests you mentioned are the worst kind. Sounds like Skyrim all over again.

Indari said:
LOL just looked at the video