Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Fellow autists, do you have obsessive-compulsive disorder also?

• Thread starter AutisticMonstrosity
  • Start date

Autist, do you have obsessive-compulsive disorder also?

• Yes

• No

• I'm not an autist

Results are only viewable after voting.
AutisticMonstrosity

AutisticMonstrosity

34 y.o. KHHV dateless, 169 cm skincel autist NEET
★★
I have serious OCD also. OCD was the thing that first got me to the psychiatric hospital.

No. I think I might have had tourettes for a few years, not sure though. I kept having ticks like having to wink or close my eye hard and multiple times, or alternate between eyes. Also I would clear my throat really loudly too and really often, it was a tick. I think I used to turn my head too. There were some other ticks but I kind of forgot.

Just sort of naturally got over them though, don't remember how. My memory is shit.

Man I'm a fucking pit of mental illness, used to have terrible OCD at some moments. Completely gone by now with SSRI. They seem to work with these kind of disorders, I guess you should actually try it, from what you've said it seems it may work for you as well.

Not diagnosed in any case.

OCD and autism are implicated in the same brain region, and the former can be ameliorated with N-acetyl cysteine. Combine with glycine and ashwagandha daily for the best effects.

OCD and autism are implicated in the same brain region, and the former can be ameliorated with N-acetyl cysteine. Combine with glycine and ashwagandha daily for the best effects.

All these one is supposed to get from food? Eating supplements can throw all kinds of balances off.

Why would ashwagandha be good to take? No scientific evidence that it's effective for anything.

Yes it ruined my college years

No but it sometimes i get spasms behind my head, like an electric shock but it's not painful, it just make my head tick one way very fast but happen rarely and at random, i heard it could be a sign of ptsd or some shit.

Also 4am and can't sleep for fuck sake.

Man I'm a fucking pit of mental illness, used to have terrible OCD at some moments. Completely gone by now with SSRI. They seem to work with these kind of disorders, I guess you should actually try it, from what you've said it seems it may work for you as well.

I have been forced to take many antipsychotics, even though I have never had a psychosis or schizophrenia or any kinds of hallucinations ever. I was very badly mistreated. They just routinely gave antipsychotics to everyone who got involuntary placed in the mental hospital, regardless of the reason and condition of the patient. They were not interested to research the patients at all, the doctor started every one who got there first with Zyprexa (olanzapine). There was one guy with a very severe OCD that had been treated with every single one of antipsychotic drugs before getting only one SSRI and nothing else. He was on maximum dose of sertraline and it was not effective at all. He was not depressed (laughed a lot) though and his OCD could have been even worse without it. Even with maximum dose of sertraline, it took him something like 2 hours to brush teeth.

I have taken an SSRI as a child for OCD, it was not effective. It was also only small dose.

Last edited:
Same here, they cured my OCD, but not my other mental health issues, unfortunately.

I have taken an SSRI as a child for OCD, it was not effective. It was also only small dose.
You need to find a good psychiatrist who really wants to help you and who is not scared to switch you to different meds.
They are often reluctant to do that and to up the dose because they fear possible suicidal ideation as a consequence.
That's the downside. In case you live with your family/relatives and you feel suicidal because of SSRIs, ask them for help immediately.

In my case, we tried about six different SSRIs/SNRIs for more than a year before we found out that Duloxetine seems to be the most effective one for me.
Judging from my own experience, Sertraline has little effect, even on higher doses.

Yes I do and it has ruined my whole life.

No. I am a perfectionist though, which might be an OCD trait, but I view that as a good trait.

I think so. Even have to do walking evenly, kicking and dragging feet equally with the same feeling, not stepping on sidewalk lines, checking things over and over cause I'm paranoid I forgot them.

never diagnosed but I think so

I have OCD but not autism.