Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

feel tired

Epedaphic

Epedaphic

Overlord
★★★★★
Feel really tired these days, not sure why. Maybe depression? Although my overwhelming feeling isn't sadness, it's more like apathy. But the major thing is that I just feel physically drained all the time, it's hard getting started with things, even the steps of showering, dressing, going outside, seem like a lot. They almost have this intimating quality to them where getting started is a hurdle.

There's also an element of brainrot, even typing out this post, it doesn't feel like my best typing, it feels hard to form concise and meaningful sentences instead of long and rambling ones, or short and somewhat meaningless ones. Somehow it feels difficult to integrate the recent past and the present into some kind of a narrative about how I am feeling or how I am doing recently.

Somewhere deep down, I know that these things (shower, going outside) are part of what will help me to feel better, but it's difficult to overcome the tiredness when I don't see any "light at the end of the tunnel" on the other side of all those things. I think ultimately, I need to "just do" all these things, even if I feel too tired or drained. I know I've been in this type of a pattern before- feeling drained, not wanting to do anything, then eventually bringing myself to do things. But I honestly can't remember if doing things helped. I think it's part of the brainrot, this inability to remember those things. I will try my best.

Good luck brocel
Thank you.

@Uggo Mongo If you don't mind, could you move this thread to the lounge please? I think it would get more visibility there and I'd like to see other people's input. Tagged you since you were the mod most recently active, it seems.

Thank you.

@Uggo Mongo If you don't mind, could you move this thread to the lounge please? I think it would get more visibility there and I'd like to see other people's input. Tagged you since you were the mod most recently active, it seems.
Yeah you should only post in the sewers if you want your thread spammed. If you want it more private best to use the bunker.

resthere.jpg

One thing that could be severely effecting your energy levels since you don't go outside all that much is Vitamin D deficiency.

I'd get bloodwork done to check-up on it.

Probably depression from your life, but make sure you don’t have low ferritin levels. I was tired as fuck for a year and could hardly sleep. Turns out my ferritin level was 9. The range is 30/400. 9 is almost to lethal low levels. I have to take an iron pill every 3 days for life because my intestines are too bad at absorbing it from food

Somewhere deep down, I know that these things (shower, going outside) are part of what will help me to feel better,
Overthinking isn’t helping your case man. Like you said, the things you mentioned just need to be done.
Don’t think “this will help me feel better”, think “this is just something I do, there’s no way around it”.
But I honestly can't remember if doing things helped.
Even if it doesn’t, letting go will make your situation 1000x worse. Trust me when I say there’s virtue in doing healthy activities consistently. You don’t notice because you’re accustomed to it, but if you gave up and went turbo rotter mode you’ll feel even more sick and lethargic.

Yeah you should only post in the sewers if you want your thread spammed. If you want it more private best to use the bunker.
Thank you. I'll make sure to do this in the future.

Ah, very relatable...

One thing that could be severely effecting your energy levels since you don't go outside all that much is Vitamin D deficiency.

I'd get bloodwork done to check-up on it.
This is true, actually i had this thought today and took a pill of vitamin D. I will try to get bloodwork done soon, i have some scheduled for a few months out but I'll try to move it up. Thank you for the reply.

Probably depression from your life, but make sure you don’t have low ferritin levels. I was tired as fuck for a year and could hardly sleep. Turns out my ferritin level was 9. The range is 30/400. 9 is almost to lethal low levels. I have to take an iron pill every 3 days for life because my intestines are too bad at absorbing it from food
Dang, that seems really low. I will look into that for sure as well. Thank you for the suggestion.

Stay strong bro, it’s nothing you can’t beat.

Overthinking isn’t helping your case man. Like you said, the things you mentioned just need to be done.
Don’t think “this will help me feel better”, think “this is just something I do, there’s no way around it”.
Ah, this is true, even the way I'm thinking about it is framed somewhat negatively (or, as I believe you're saying, even thinking about it at all). I ended up showering :feelsautistic:

Even if it doesn’t, letting go will make your situation 1000x worse. Trust me when I say there’s virtue in doing healthy activities consistently. You don’t notice it because you’re accustomed to it, but if you gave up and went turbo-rotter mode you’ll feel even more sick and lethargic.
Thank you man. I always have these thoughts, like "today I will set things straight" but can just never follow through. But I will do my best to at least keep up with these with some regularity. I think I've been turbo rotting for the past few weeks which isn't helping.

I'm not in the best state of mind right now either. Here's to hoping we both get thru it.

me neither
Thanks for the reply. Yes, let's both try our best :feelsautistic:

Dang, that seems really low. I will look into that for sure as well. Thank you for the suggestion.
Yeah, it was near deadly low. Definitely lol into that especially if you don’t eat a lot of red meat or have any kind of intestinal conditions. Make sure if you get it checked to request them to check the actual ferritin level, not just look at the hemoglobin level. My hemoglobin was borderline, but ferritin was extremely low.