Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Feel like a spectator of life

Alone75

Alone75

Legend
★★★★
Anyone else? From watching my peers find first girlfriends, seeing others laugh and joke about casual sexual lays, "that weekend in 2009 ect" settling down and getting houses together, having kids, getting promoted, living good lives, forging happy memories.

It's all too much! Why was I even born at all?

Anyone else? From watching my peers find first girlfriends, seeing others laugh and joke about casual sexual lays, "that weekend in 2009 ect" settling down and getting houses together, having kids, getting promoted, living good lives, forging happy memories.

It's all too much! Why was I even born at all?
This. It feels like I am an observer of others. It's like watching a completely different species and knowing that you don't really belong there and that all of your observations are made from a purely technocratic lense and that your perspective is alien to them and their perspective alien to you. I feel like I am on a completely different wavelength.

This. It feels like I am an observer of others. It's like watching a completely different species and knowing that you don't really belong there and that all of your observations are made from a purely technocratic lense and that your perspective is alien to them and their perspective alien to you. I feel like I am on a completely different wavelength.

I guess I got more triggered today at my father's funeral, hearing about my relatives lives and seeing their wives/girlfriend's and hearing about what their kids are up to. My life is empty, just mainly trying to entertain myself upstairs at home but I'm so sick of it!

It hasn't come to that point yet where I see friends getting their own houses/kids etc. (1 has his own apartment with his gf though) but I am only 24. Then again I don't have any social media so I have no clue what everyone else from my past is up to apart from my friends who I regularly still speak to today. Nor do I really care, being a spectator can only make you more depressed tbh...

Last edited:
I guess I got more triggered today at my father's funeral, hearing about my relatives lives and seeing their wives/girlfriend's and hearing about what their kids are up to. My life is empty, just mainly trying to entertain myself upstairs at home but I'm so sick of it!
My condolences. How old are you btw? Can relate to your feelings. It feels like life is empty and rolls past so fast when you don't pay attention.

It hasn't come to that point yet where I see friends getting their own houses/kids etc. (1 has his own apartment with his gf though) but I am only 24. Then again I don't have any social media so I have no clue what everyone else from my past apart is up to apart from my friends who I regularly still speak to today. Nor do I really care, being a spectator can only make you more depressed tbh...

Well, I hope your inceldom ends before you get much older. It all started hitting me even harder in my late 20s/30s.
My condolences. How old are you btw? Can relate to your feelings. It feels like life is empty and rolls past so fast when you don't pay attention.

I'm 45 now, I feel such a freak and loser tbh.

You must have gone through a bunch of mental shit at your age, I'm younger than you so I can't relate yet.