Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Fear Of Nothing After Death

Waylan

Waylan

Recruit
★★
For me, there's nothing more terrifying than the idea of nothing after death. Just the thought of me completely ceasing to exist petrifies me. I feel like most people can't comprehend or refuse to comprehend what nothing after death would be like. Nothing would be like before you were born, only this time you're gone forever.

This has literally put me in a crisis and I've even gone as far as to look into having myself cryonically preserved. I don't spend every waking hour thinking about it but it's still just something that scares me. Not to mention I can die at any moment for any reason.

I know for some it's somewhat a relief to be free of this world but for me it's not. Yeah life sucks sometimes but I don't think is even comparable to never hearing or seeing or feeling ever again.

Anyone else? For those who aren't scared, how do you cope with it?

I wish there was nothing after death.
I am more scared if there is smth after it

It's not something to be scared of tbh, a fear of nothing is a bit of a contradiction anyway. Humans have an innate and extremely strong bias for existence and experience over nonexistence, or rather over their existence coming to an end.

Remember that all of those things that make you sad because you didn't get to experience them, and everything that you might wish could be different about your life, none of it will have the capacity to bother you after you're gone. Have you ever put under general anesthesia? Did you find yourself wishing to become conscious again while you were under? If not then you've got nothing to worry about.

It's like a skip button that goes nowhere. You had no consciousness before being born and in actuality you didn't exist for the infinite amount of time until the moment you were born. From then on, your life is only a small snapshot. After you die and it's infinity all over again, so pretty much it's returning to where you came from. If you believe in any existence after death then you can assume that whatever happens after you're gone happens instantly. So even the existence in the infinity will begin the second your brain, or rather consciousness, dies.

Everything dies

For me, there's nothing more terrifying than the idea of nothing after death. Just the thought of me completely ceasing to exist petrifies me. I feel like most people can't comprehend or refuse to comprehend what nothing after death would be like. Nothing would be like before you were born, only this time you're gone forever.

This has literally put me in a crisis and I've even gone as far as to look into having myself cryonically preserved. I don't spend every waking hour thinking about it but it's still just something that scares me. Not to mention I can die at any moment for any reason.

I know for some it's somewhat a relief to be free of this world but for me it's not. Yeah life sucks sometimes but I don't think is even comparable to never hearing or seeing or feeling ever again.

Were you scared of being non-existent before your birth? Why be scared of nothingness after death?

Have you ever put under general anesthesia? Did you find yourself wishing to become conscious again while you were under?
I had, it was pretty nice I just woke up after the thing fade away, remember nothing in between I hope death is like that:feelsaww::feelsaww::feelsaww:

Who cares

Attachments

• EA979602-6109-4617-891E-AF45ECB6F76F.jpeg
    EA979602-6109-4617-891E-AF45ECB6F76F.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 10
The universe itself will die one day, i.e. via big freeze.

Good news however is that it will be reborn again, and it will die again.

And mathematically speaking, after x number of deaths and rebirths, it is a certainty that at one point, you too will be reborn again.

Meaning, a human with a genetic code identical to yours, will exist again.

An unfathomable amount of time will have to expire before this happens, but it will happen.

Last edited:
meditate. The nothing after death is what you need to prepare for.

For me, there's nothing more terrifying than the idea of nothing after death.
There's a good chance that there won't be nothing after death, but even if there was nothing:
The good thing is, you won't care.

Nothing would be like before you were born, only this time you're gone forever.
You can't know what it was like before you were born, because you don't have memory of it.
There's a good chance that there was something before you were born, you just can't remember it.
Just like you can't remember how it was when you were a 1yo. If you think about how it was to be 1yo, it's black because you don't have memory, but you were very alive.

In my honest oppinion, life is just as scary, if not more scary than death. Think about it. We're living on a ball of lava that is floating in empty space without any obvious reason or purpose, no signs of other life anywhere. The only thing that keeps us alive is that the earth has oxygen and water on it and that we're cycling the sun at the exactly right speed and radius. Wtf is this shit?
Like seriously. If you think about the universe and about existence, you just have to go: What the fuck is even going on here? This shit is scary.

Our view of this world is extremely limited. We can only perceive 3 dimensions, but who says that there aren't more? It's scary to think about what we don't know and what we cannot see because we lack the senses to do so.
Time and space, what we think are absolute truths, can be bent and altered. Time doesn't pass by at the same speed everywhere. What even is time? There is so crazy much we don't know and what we know doesn't particularly make much sense, so it's really kinda frightening.

I think there is a good chance that there's more to this all than just live and die forever. We'll have to see.

being nothing is the only thing that i can always look foward to

It's best to not think about this, given you cannot do anything about it. Keep yourself busy, and stop thinking: that's what normies do

Feel the trill of THE VOID

Yeah same it makes me crazy if I think about it

It's insane to think that the people you're surrounded by, family, the person you passed by on your way to work, and even who you are suddenly disappears. Just darkness, a distant memory for those who were closest to you. Just a stranger in the street. And just another number at work.