Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Favourite roman emperor

Bianor

Bianor

Qualis artifex pereo
-
Who are your favorite Roman emperors and why?
My top 10 (only know eastern up to Heraclius, so not including them)
1. Gallienus - tragic hero
2. Majorian - tragic hero
3. Antoninus pius - just chilling
4. Severus Alexander - antoninus pius but during war time (fuck his bitch mother if it wasn’t for her he would have gone to persia and won)
5. Caracalla - killed parthian princess during their wedding, slaughter of alexandria, assassinated while taking a piss
6. Domitian - killed senators, fixed inflation
7. Julius Nepos - too late for the west, too early for the east
8. Augustus - first and best emperor, was manlet (allegedly), exiled his daughter for being a slut
9. Hadrian - 136 ad (he was not a fag only source for that is historia augusta which is not a good source and it only says he was rumored to be one)
10. Aurelian - restitutor orbis, killed zenobia

Michael jordan

"I found Rome a city of bricks and left it a city of marble"
-Augustus

Based list.
Mine is probably in no order
Augustus, Trajan, Aurelius, Aurelian, Hadrian, Domitian, Severus, Pius, Constantine

the final western roman emperor
bro got spared and spent the rest of his life chiling at his estate

the final western roman emperor
bro got spared and spent the rest of his life chiling at his estate
Romulus Augustulus?
Imo the final one was Nepos, he was recognised in the east while in ruling in Dalmatia

Romulus Augustulus?
Imo the final one was Nepos, he was recognised in the east while in ruling in Dalmatia
ok then, my favorite western roman emperor is the one before the final one

What do you think about Nero OP? You seem to know your stuff.

What do you think about Nero OP? You seem to know your stuff.
Killed his mother who killed claudius and was emperor when paulinus did his thing in britain. He was also loved by the people and when the fire broke out he let people stay on his land. Sources are biased against him because the upper classes and christians hated him

He was also loved by the people and when the fire broke out he let people stay on his land. Sources are biased against him because the upper classes and christians hated him
:yes: Honestly he's probably in my top 5 Emperors tbh.

Anyone have recommendations on where to read about Roman history?

Biggus Dickus, or Julius caesar

Who are your favorite Roman emperors and why?
My top 10 (only know eastern up to Heraclius, so not including them)
1. Gallienus - tragic hero
2. Majorian - tragic hero
3. Antoninus pius - just chilling
4. Severus Alexander - antoninus pius but during war time (fuck his bitch mother if it wasn’t for her he would have gone to persia and won)
5. Caracalla - killed parthian princess during their wedding, slaughter of alexandria, assassinated while taking a piss
6. Domitian - killed senators, fixed inflation
7. Julius Nepos - too late for the west, too early for the east
8. Augustus - first and best emperor, was manlet (allegedly), exiled his daughter for being a slut
9. Hadrian - 136 ad (he was not a fag only source for that is historia augusta which is not a good source and it only says he was rumored to be one)
10. Aurelian - restitutor orbis, killed zenobia
That one guy that killed the jews idk his name

Augustus and Trajan, i would include Marcus Aureilus if not for the fact that he allowed Commodus to become Emperor

Least favorite is easily Commodus, Nero and Caligula were bad but they didn't really do that much damage, When Commodus became Emperor it all went to shit and the Empire never recovered.

Caesar Augustus

Aurelian for sure.

Augustus and Trajan, i would include Marcus Aureilus if not for the fact that he allowed Commodus to become Emperor

Least favorite is easily Commodus, Nero and Caligula were bad but they didn't really do that much damage, When Commodus became Emperor it all went to shit and the Empire never recovered.
Marcus Aurelius actually offered a general and friend of his, Pompeianus, the position of co-emperor thrice, but Pompeianus refused every time. The only source on Commodus i’ve read is Herodian but he said Commodus wasn’t a bad person (for the time), but just a naive retard. He was friends with freedmen and they convinced him to not listen to the advisors Marcus Aurelius appointed for him and to put them in high positions, which led to the first assassination attempt, done by a retard who screamed “this is from the senate” before attacking him, leading him to trust the advisors even less. Herodian essentially mostly blames his friends who influenced him. My least favorite is easily Honorius, I hate him more than I hate actual enemies of Rome

Marcus Aurelius actually offered a general and friend of his, Pompeianus, the position of co-emperor thrice, but Pompeianus refused every time. The only source on Commodus i’ve read is Herodian but he said Commodus wasn’t a bad person (for the time), but just a naive retard. He was friends with freedmen and they convinced him to not listen to the advisors Marcus Aurelius appointed for him and to put them in high positions, which led to the first assassination attempt, done by a retard who screamed “this is from the senate” before attacking him, leading him to trust the advisors even less. Herodian essentially mostly blames his friends who influenced him. My least favorite is easily Honorius, I hate him more than I hate actual enemies of Rome
But Commodus still ended the Pax Romana right?

As for Honorius i just know he lost some important battle?

I don't know that much about Roman history past 180 AD (Apart from the basics like the crisis of the 3rd century, the empire being split into east and west and Constantine making Christianity legal etc)

Hadrian, Diocletian, Trajan, Nero, Titus, Vespasian, etc.

But Commodus still ended the Pax Romana right?
Yeah
As for Honorius i just know he lost some important battle?
He executed his general Stilicho who was essentially holding the western roman empire together on his own. He then slaughtered the families of the barbarian soldiers in stilicho’s army, which led to them defecting to Alaric, a visigothic king, who sacked Rome 2 years after stilicho’s death. When he heard of the sack of rome he was distraught until he realised it wasn’t about his chicken, also named Roma, and didn’t care. The only good things honorius did was make Constantius III his co-emperor and dying

Yeah

He executed his general Stilicho who was essentially holding the western roman empire together on his own. He then slaughtered the families of the barbarian soldiers in stilicho’s army, which led to them defecting to Alaric, a visigothic king, who sacked Rome 2 years after stilicho’s death. When he heard of the sack of rome he was distraught until he realised it wasn’t about his chicken, also named Roma, and didn’t care. The only good things honorius did was make Constantius III his co-emperor and dying
Ruled from 393 to 423

Crazy how quickly everything went to shit

The Era of the 5 Good emperors was basically the Golden age.
Probably the best time to choose to go back to in history. I do believe however that if Pertinax (maybe even pescennius niger but thatswishful thinking) was emperor for a longer time he would’ve been able to bring back the pax romana, since the Severan dynasty was way more damaging to Rome than Commodus in my opinion

Probably the best time to choose to go back to in history. I do believe however that if Pertinax (maybe even pescennius niger but thatswishful thinking) was emperor for a longer time he would’ve been able to bring back the pax romana, since the Severan dynasty was way more damaging to Rome than Commodus in my opinion
I thought the Severan dynasty brought some stability atleast for the short- term.

I know Caracalla is considered a shit emperor tho.

I thought the Severan dynasty brought some stability atleast for the short- term.

I know Caracalla is considered a shit emperor tho.
It did short-term but Septimius Severus didn’t raise his children how children should be raised and paid the army too much. Caracalla really fucked it though by waging war against everyone and debasing the coinage. Septimius Severus even said that emperors shouldn’t make their children emperor, with Marcus Aurelius and Commodus as example, but then proceeded to do the exact thing he preached against.

It did short-term but Septimius Severus didn’t raise his children how children should be raised and paid the army too much. Caracalla really fucked it though by waging war against everyone and debasing the coinage. Septimius Severus even said that emperors shouldn’t make their children emperor, with Marcus Aurelius and Commodus as example, but then proceeded to do the exact thing he preached against.
Later I think Diocletian and Constantine fixed some of the problems but its more like they kicked the can down the road as opposed to actually saving the Empire.

Later I think Diocletian and Constantine fixed some of the problems but its more like they kicked the can down the road as opposed to actually saving the Empire.
Yeah the tetrarchy only worked because all for were at least a little bit competent and moving the capital from Rome to Constantinople and making Christianity the state religion wasn't great for the western half

Trajan, Octavian Augustus, Julius Caesar,etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back