Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News Fasting and keto eliminates body odor

Robtical

Robtical

Had it with these cucks!
★★★★★
I've been on OMAD (one meal a day) and keto for the past two months and noticed my bad sweat odor was entirely gone after the first couple days. I was already low body fat so maybe that helped, but before I started low carb OMAD I had to shower daily to get rid of the bad smelling toxins in my sweat from the putrefying food in my gut. I'm not the only one whose made this observation.

Last edited:
I've noticed the same with my water fasts

Sounds interesting i might gonna give it a try

I didn't notice when I did this stuff

Problem with one meal at day is that I can't sleep, it seems that eating too frequent makes you more sleepy or give you more slumber than necessary.

Did you had this side effect also @Robtical?

JFL if you think you can go without food for a month and not be in ketosis
Were you overweight when you fasted for a month, or got yourself extra dirty?
Problem with one meal at day is that I can't sleep, it seems that eating too frequent makes you more sleepy or give you more slumber than necessary.

Did you had this side effect also @Robtical?
I haven't noticed a lack of sleep, I sleep way too much, I wish one of the side effects for me was less sleep.

Were you overweight when you fasted for a month, or got yourself extra dirty?
Slightly overweight. 25-26 BMI and around 22% body fat. By the end of it, I was down to a BMI of 23 but still 20% bf or more.

It wasn't until I ditched the low-carb/fasting bullshit that I got anywhere near a respectable body fat percentage.

Slightly overweight. 25-26 BMI and around 22% body fat. By the end of it, I was down to a BMI of 23 but still 20% bf or more.

It wasn't until I ditched the low-carb/fasting bullshit that I got anywhere near a respectable body fat percentage.
That's the opposite of what I got. I was stuck at 23% body fat then when I started keto fasting I finally got to 17% and am still going lower every week.

losing body weight make you have less fat, less fat produce less heat, less heat means less sweat, less sweat equals less smell

That's the opposite of what I got. I was stuck at 23% body fat then when I started keto fasting I finally got to 17% and am still going lower every week.
It'll get harder once you hit around 15%. Dieting will get physically and mentally exhausting.

Watch for muscle wasting. Fasting and low-carb diets are very catabolic to muscle. The reason my drop in bf% was so low compared to the drop in overall weight was due to muscle wasting, so I looked even fatter than before despite losing 20 or so pounds, on top of being noticeably weaker.

Mind you, I seem to be a particularly awful case compared to others who've tried it, but it's still something to keep in mind.

Watch for muscle wasting. Fasting and low-carb diets are very catabolic to muscle. The reason my drop in bf% was so low compared to the drop in overall weight was due to muscle wasting, so I looked even fatter than before despite losing 20 or so pounds, on top of being noticeably weaker.
Keto and intermittent fasting is supposed to lower body fat while preserving muscle. I have two days a week where I eat extra carbs from fruit, but I try to go into ketosis again as fast as possible, I also take several important vitamins in the form of capsules and powders that may be helping me keep my strength.

Keto and intermittent fasting is supposed to lower body fat while preserving muscle. I have two days a week where I eat extra carbs from fruit, but I try to go into ketosis again as fast as possible, I also take several important vitamins in the form of capsules and powders that may be helping me keep my strength.
That's something the carbophobic crowd likes to claim. There is a slight elevation of human growth hormone during fasting, but it's a very small amount, not nearly enough to counteract the lower rate of muscle protein synthesis and higher rate of muscle protein breakdown that both happen with low-carb diets and intermittent fasting. As the body has no direct storage mechanism for protein, it's forced to turn protein it can't use for synthesis or metabolic upkeep into glucose.

Your carb-loading days are likely contributing to you keeping your strength. Spending more glucose from fruit means spending less glucose synthesised from "stored" protein i.e. muscle.

That's something the carbophobic crowd likes to claim. There is a slight elevation of human growth hormone during fasting, but it's a very small amount, not nearly enough to counteract the lower rate of muscle protein synthesis and higher rate of muscle protein breakdown that both happen with low-carb diets and intermittent fasting. As the body has no direct storage mechanism for protein, it's forced to turn protein it can't use for synthesis or metabolic upkeep into glucose.

Your carb-loading days are likely contributing to you keeping your strength. Spending more glucose from fruit means spending less glucose synthesised from "stored" protein i.e. muscle.
I've been listening to youtube keto dieters and they've talked about these topics but I forgot what they said.

They even say intermittent fasting can make you live longer with more energy.

I've been listening to youtube keto dieters and they've talked about these topics but I forgot what they said.
I used to do that, too. It's all pseudoscience; broscience. Most Youtube fitness gurus, including the low-carb crew, are fake naturals. Look at Tim Sheiff's 35-day fast if you want to see more realistic fasting results. You'll notice a marked decrease in muscle mass, and he's not even particularly lean.

I used to do that, too. It's all pseudoscience; broscience. Most Youtube fitness gurus, including the low-carb crew, are fake naturals. Look at Tim Sheiff's 35-day fast if you want to see more realistic fasting results. You'll notice a marked decrease in muscle mass, and he's not even particularly lean.

35 days is way too much. The most I'd do is three, anything longer will give you diminishing returns. These more mainstream health gurus and youtube doctors talked about prolonged fasting only being 24-72 hours.

35 days is way too much. The most I'd do is three, anything longer will give you diminishing returns. These more mainstream health gurus and youtube doctors talked about prolonged fasting only being 24-72 hours.
Nobody with actual credentials in nutrition science will tout these magical fasting or low-carb benefits. It's just these con artists who, at absolute best, have credentials in some other field of science. There are certain essential nutrients that the body can neither store to any significant degree nor synthesize on its own, two examples being essential amino and fatty acids. Autophagy is constantly occurring in the body whether it's in a fasted state or not, and fasting has no fat loss benefits apart from the very large caloric deficit it creates.

Nobody with actual credentials in nutrition science will tout these magical fasting or low-carb benefits. It's just these con artists who, at absolute best, have credentials in some other field of science. There are certain essential nutrients that the body can neither store to any significant degree nor synthesize on its own, two examples being essential amino and fatty acids.
Those nutrients can be replenished when you break your fast. Fasting for over 24 hours is something you shouldn't do more than once a month. All other days during a week you can alternate between OMAD, 20:4 fasting, 16:8 fasting, no fasting, and no keto.

Those nutrients can be replenished when you break your fast. Fasting for over 24 hours is something you shouldn't do more than once a month. All other days during the week you can alternate between OMAD, 20:4 fasting, 16:8 fasting, no fasting, and no keto.
IF is definitely better than extended fasting, but it's still not optimal. You're still getting an inferior ratio of protein synthesis to protein breakdown. If it's what you have to do to maintain a caloric deficit, then by all means keep doing it, but just realize there's no magical muscle-building or fat-burning aspect to what you're doing.

You're still getting an inferior ratio of protein synthesis to protein breakdown.
I'm going to ask a keto forum about this and see what they say, because until now I haven't noticed negative effects from this.
If it's what you have to do to maintain a caloric deficit, then by all means keep doing it, but just realize there's no magical muscle-building or fat-burning aspect to what you're doing.
It's very easy being in a caloric deficit on keto and IF. Eating many carbs and constantly spiking your insulin throughout the day makes you keep wanting to eat.

Nobody with actual credentials in nutrition science will tout these magical fasting or low-carb benefits. It's just these con artists who, at absolute best, have credentials in some other field of science. There are certain essential nutrients that the body can neither store to any significant degree nor synthesize on its own, two examples being essential amino and fatty acids. Autophagy is constantly occurring in the body whether it's in a fasted state or not, and fasting has no fat loss benefits apart from the very large caloric deficit it creates.
https://idmprogram.com/keith-harmon/
https://idmprogram.com/does-fasting-burn-muscle/

muh credentials

Medicine is so jewed since half century ago that you are better off believing some quack like Dr.Berg

Last edited:
I'm going to ask a keto forum about this and see what they say, because until now I haven't noticed negative effects from this.
The effects are relatively small if you're getting enough protein in general, so it won't be too noticeable. Just don't try to bulk on high-fat IF or you'll just get fat with little muscle gain to show for it.

It's very easy being in a caloric deficit on keto and IF. Eating many carbs and constantly spiking your insulin throughout the day makes you keep wanting to eat.
This hasn't been my experience. Fasting tends to make me binge-prone, especially extended fasting, and I have constant cravings for high-carb food on fasts and on low-carb diets.

You're spiking your insulin when you eat protein, anyway. Protein is insulinogenic.

Medicine is so jewed since half century ago
It's not that, it's just that people don't listen to it because they're pigs who'll take any excuse they can to gorge themselves and sit on their asses.

I did intermittent fasting for a little bit and kind of enjoyed it, 11 am - 12 pm to 7 pm - 8 pm. I don't remember much about it but I'm gonna start back soon.

The effects are relatively small if you're getting enough protein in general, so it won't be too noticeable. Just don't try to bulk on high-fat IF or you'll just get fat with little muscle gain to show for it.
High iq, 70% fat calories on keto from the mainstream recommendation is way too much. My calories are only around 30% fat a day.
This hasn't been my experience. Fasting tends to make me binge-prone, especially extended fasting, and I have constant cravings for high-carb food on fasts and on low-carb diets.
If you went on a 35 day fast then I don't know how you'd gorge on food and carbs just from 16-20 hours of fasting.
You're spiking your insulin when you eat protein, anyway. Protein is insulinogenic.
Protein spikes insulin about half as much as carbs, but since I'm intermittent fasting my insulin is also spiking less frequently.
I did intermittent fasting for a little bit and kind of enjoyed it, 11 am - 12 pm to 7 pm - 8 pm. I don't remember much about it but I'm gonna start back soon.
I feel like it's the easiest diet to follow with the most benefits.

Last edited:
It's not that, it's just that people don't listen to it because they're pigs who'll take any excuse they can to gorge themselves and sit on their asses.

The heavy carb food pyramid was brainwashed in to boomers and several other generations through government corruption, studies that talked against carbs were also shutdown or non financed by the food industry who made heavy investments on carb food.

Oh yeah, I’ve heard of the diet. I thought doctors were against it

High iq, 70% fat calories on keto from the mainstream recommendation is way too much. My calories are only around 30% fat a day.
That's fairly reasonable to me, especially compared to keto. I get somewhere around 8-12% of my calories from fat and am fine with it.

If you went on a 35 day fast then I don't know how you'd gorge on food and carbs just from 16-20 hours of fasting
Getting past day 5 was a real sticking point for me. I had to try several times to not eat for 5 days without binging. Which would normally start with a large keto-friendly meal (this was me still buying into the idea that keto somehow broke CICO), then I'd sort of go on autopilot and eat a massive amount of oatmeal, rice, fruit, and sometimes vodka. It took a long time for me to work up to my longest fast of 32 days. Keeping that stuff out of the apartment didn't help much because I lived right next to a Costco.

Protein spikes insulin about half as much as carbs, but since I'm intermittent fasting my insulin is also spiking less frequently.
You don't actually need high circulating insulin to store body fat.

And hunger is caused by ghrelin, not insulin.

The heavy carb food pyramid
Nobody followed that shit mang

That's fairly reasonable to me, especially compared to keto. I get somewhere around 8-12% of my calories from fat and am fine with it.

Getting past day 5 was a real sticking point for me. I had to try several times to not eat for 5 days without binging. Which would normally start with a large keto-friendly meal (this was me still buying into the idea that keto somehow broke CICO), then I'd sort of go on autopilot and eat a massive amount of oatmeal, rice, fruit, and sometimes vodka. It took a long time for me to work up to my longest fast of 32 days. Keeping that stuff out of the apartment didn't help much because I lived right next to a Costco.

Nobody followed that shit mang
If your diet is more than 33% based on carbs is already unhealthy and everyone had more than 33% and everyone still do.

That's due to the food pyramid, grains, pasta, bread, tubers and even fruits are what is most eaten by normans.

Is 33% because how we store energy in form of triglycerides. No point on stuffing yourself with more carbs than fat if you actually need more fat than carbs to have an efficient storage, sign of evolutionary diet, we ate more fat than carbs and we are more adapted to fats than to carbs.

Last edited:
It seems like after the first few days of toughness you begin to get used to eating low carbs, probably because you got into ketosis.

It helps me keep off the fat because I have a slow metabolism. The keto diet has been proven for a long time, in 2011 they were talking about it.

If your diet is more than 33% based on carbs is already unhealthy and everyone had more than 33% and everyone still do.
I'm the leanest, sharpest, and most energetic I've ever been while getting 60% of my calories from carbs.

It seems like after the first few days of toughness you begin to get used to eating low carbs
Days 3-4 were pretty easy. 1-2 not as easy but still bearable. Failure on day 5 was sudden and immediate. But after I could reliably fast for 5, I had other sticking points at days 7 and 10.

The point is, fasting wasn't easy just because of ketosis.

Days 3-4 were pretty easy. 1-2 not as easy but still bearable. Failure on day 5 was sudden and immediate. But after I could reliably fast for 5, I had other sticking points at days 7 and 10.

The point is, fasting wasn't easy just because of ketosis.
I have carb cravings too sometimes, but doing my non-keto days are enough to keep me not overly crave them on keto days.

I have carb cravings too sometimes, but doing my non-keto days are enough to keep me not overly crave carbs on keto days.
I personally don't see the point in eating a lot of fat when we tend to have plenty of fat around our waistlines, but if it helps you stay in a deficit, I don't see the problem from a pure weight loss perspective.

Though, personally, I'd still recommend a lower fat diet for general health reasons.

What do you guys on Keto eat for snacks? I have been going low Carb for the past two weeks and I intend to ease into Keto next week. My usual snacks like fruits or granola bars have a bunch of carbs. Even peanuts which are praised as low carb are like 7g per serving or something. I'm thinking of buying a bunch of Atkins bars which I saw Rob Lowe promoting because they are only like 3g of carbs per bar. Even though I'm still above Keto at about 50g of Carbs per day, I still had cravings from eating mostly meat, eggs, and greens the past two weeks. I'm hoping this combined with upper body exercises will help me lose body fat. My only other option to quickly lose body fat is to pick sports back up which is a bigger time commitment than lifting.

What do you guys on Keto eat for snacks? I have been going low Carb for the past two weeks and I intend to ease into Keto next week. My usual snacks like fruits or granola bars have a bunch of carbs. Even peanuts which are praised as low carb are like 7g per serving or something. I'm thinking of buying a bunch of Atkins bars which I saw Rob Lowe promoting because they are only like 3g of carbs per bar. Even though I'm still above Keto at about 50g of Carbs per day, I still had cravings from eating mostly meat, eggs, and greens the past two weeks. I'm hoping this combined with upper body exercises will help me lose body fat. My only other option to quickly lose body fat is to pick sports back up which is a bigger time commitment than lifting.
You go-tos are going to be bacon, cheese, hard-boiled eggs, jerky, and full-fat dairy.

I fart less when I diet.

You know I heard asian people don't have body-odor. Apparently westerners produce a sweat with a certain type of protein that asians don't have. Bacteria eats this protein, and then the bacteria's shit is what causes BO.

Really they think we stink! (and we do)

I personally don't see the point in eating a lot of fat when we tend to have plenty of fat around our waistlines, but if it helps you stay in a deficit, I don't see the problem from a pure weight loss perspective.

Though, personally, I'd still recommend a lower fat diet for general health reasons.
The fats I eat are very healthy, only from nuts, seeds, pasture raised goat cheese, pasture raised eggs, wild fish oil, olive oil, and coconut oil. The fats you eat can help aid in fat loss if they're good fats. The keto diet I follow is also on the lower fat side.
What do you guys on Keto eat for snacks? I have been going low Carb for the past two weeks and I intend to ease into Keto next week. My usual snacks like fruits or granola bars have a bunch of carbs. Even peanuts which are praised as low carb are like 7g per serving or something.
They can be any snacks as long as they're low carb or under 50 grams of carbs a day. I eat peanuts and some fruit but I make sure not to over do it when I'm in ketosis. Here are some supplements and food that help me stay full.

The fats I eat are very healthy, only from nuts, seeds, pasture raised goat cheese, pasture raised eggs, wild fish oil, olive oil, and coconut oil. The fats you eat can help aid in fat loss if they're good fats. The keto diet I follow is also on the lower fat side.
Fats can aid fat loss only insofar as they keep your hormones regulated, and you don't need a lot of fat to do that. In theory, you could eat only your essential omega fats and be just fine if you have a fair amount of excess body fat.

Saturated fat is unhealthy regardless of the source. It's best to limit those even if you insist on eating high-fat. Poly and monounsaturated fats are the most correlated with positive health markers.

You go-tos are going to be bacon, cheese, hard-boiled eggs, jerky, and full-fat dairy.
Yea turkey bacon and beef jerky have been the go to snacks so far. I hope I can find something decent to provide an alternative taste at least

They can be any snacks as long as they're low carb or under 50 grams of carbs a day. I eat peanuts and some fruit but I make sure not to over do it when I'm in ketosis. Here are some supplements and food that help me stay full.

View attachment 101952

View attachment 101953

View attachment 101954

View attachment 101955

View attachment 101956

View attachment 101957
Thanks for the suggestions because these are exactly what I was looking for. Explore Cuisine seems to have a lot of great low carb alternatives and the powders will help for sure. I thought the past two weeks would be me just eating a bunch of lettuce wrapped cheeseburgers, but I've actually been eating healthier and drinking more nutritious things.

Fats can aid fat loss only insofar as they keep your hormones regulated, and you don't need a lot of fat to do that. In theory, you could eat only your essential omega fats and be just fine if you have a fair amount of excess body fat.

Saturated fat is unhealthy regardless of the source. It's best to limit those even if you insist on eating high-fat. Poly and monounsaturated fats are the most correlated with positive health markers.
Exactly, those are what make up the majority of my fats.
Thanks for the suggestions because these are exactly what I was looking for. Explore Cuisine seems to have a lot of great low carb alternatives and the powders will help for sure. I thought the past two weeks would be me just eating a bunch of lettuce wrapped cheeseburgers, but I've actually been eating healthier and drinking more nutritious things.
No problem. Boiled white beans with olive oil on top and steamed veggies are good too.

interesting this could help me

I fart less when I diet.

You know I heard asian people don't have body-odor. Apparently westerners produce a sweat with a certain type of protein that asians don't have. Bacteria eats this protein, and then the bacteria's shit is what causes BO.

Really they think we stink! (and we do)
In my case I think those bacteria spread when I eat lots of sugary foods.

trying to eliminate BO is cope
BO is forgiven if you are Chad