Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Exposure Effect makes you more attractive

• Thread starter Deleted member 2429
  • Start date
Deleted member 2429

Deleted member 2429

Self-banned
-
NOTE: Might not work if your face is sub 5, but otherwise, it could possibly give you a window of opportunity to escape Inceldom.

--------------------------------------

What the exposure effect is:

"The mere-exposure effect is a psychological phenomenon by which people tend to develop a preference for things merely because they are familiar with them. In social psychology, this effect is sometimes called the familiarity principle."

[font=arial, sans-serif]Which means, most girls might not initially be attracted to you when they first see you, however over time they could increase their liking for you overall because they see you a lot. This could best work if you are at college, high school or uni. It won't guarantee you getting laid, but it will increase your chances. AGAIN note that this might not always work, especially if your face is severely deformed or some shit. Try using this exposure effect to your advantage. Read more of it here: http://socialpsychonline.com/2016/03/the-mere-exposure-effect/[/font]

What is this red pill bullcrap? when women get familiar with you they get BORED with you and will keep you as a beta orbiter in the friend zone.

i love pseudoscience

TheVman said:
What is this red pill bullcrap? when women get familiar with you they get BORED with you and will keep you as a beta orbiter in the friend zone.

Well I don't know how women's brains work, but I have definitely felt attracted to girls whom I haven't been attracted to the first time I saw them. It's not necessarily going to work all the time, but it's not impossible.

the study is bias as fuck too, just lol; 4 women of similar apperance, yeah... that isnt bias at all.

It already happened to me that when I see a female for the first time I dont feel anything and I dont find her attractive but after seeing her regularly I start to be attracted.

rafaelvicuna3 said:
Well I don't know how women's brains work, but I have definitely felt attracted to girls whom I haven't been attracted to the first time I saw them. It's not necessarily going to work all the time, but it's not impossible.

And did they feel attracted to you? if you aren't fucking the pussy , it's all one big cope.

Yeah I think this effect is the main reason normies and sub chads can get laid using social circles and get fwb. Won't help sub 8 mentalcels with no social circle or downright repulsive truecels which is the main demographic of this site

highschoolcel said:
It already happened to me that when I see a female for the first time I dont feel anything and I dont find her attractive but after seeing her regularly I start to be attracted.

Yeah see that's what I'm saying. If you can do the same to women, they could start liking you because they have seen you many times. This is when the exposure effect should be used to your advantage. Again, before incels rage at me, I'm saying it will not always work every time, but your window of opportunity is gradually getting bigger depending on the girl.

Why are people saying the OP's post is bullshit? I've been attracted to girls as well even though I wasn't attracted to them the first time I saw them. It is a real thing

testacccount99 said:
Why are people saying the OP's post is bullshit? I've been attracted to girls as well even though I wasn't attracted to them the first time I saw them. It is a real thing

Maybe because they haven't actually tried it yet

I can't go outside.
I'm oldcel, too late

testacccount99 said:

IMO its legit, but it works probably better on incels with 0 sexlife than on wymyn with hundreds of options.

highschoolcel said:
testacccount99 said:
IMO its legit, but it works probably better on incels with 0 sexlife than on wymyn with hundreds of options.

It works if your face is not sub 5 or deformed. If not, then you have hope by using the exposure effect to your advantage.

rafaelvicuna3 said:

Women don't have a brain, they think with their pussy.
The algorithm is roughly like so:

if( pManDescriptor->Height >= 180 && pManDescriptor->Face >= 7 && pManDescriptor->hasHair == true )
 {
   lubricatePussy();
  }
else
  {
    friendZone();
   }

LMFAO I'm a programmer in real life and this joke made me lol for 4 minutes. Thanks

FeminismsCancer said:
rafaelvicuna3 said:
if( pManDescriptor->Height >= 180 && pManDescriptor->Face >= 7 && pManDescriptor->hasHair == true )
{
lubricatePussy();
}
else
{
friendZone();
}

LMFAO I'm a programmer in real life and this joke made me lol for 4 minutes. Thanks

Every incel should see this thread.

highschoolcel said:
testacccount99 said:

there's

_incelinside said:
Yeah I think this effect is the main reason normies and sub chads can get laid using social circles and get fwb. Won't help sub 8 mentalcels with no social circle or downright repulsive truecels which is the main demographic of this site

Legit. It's physical presence that's also important.

testacccount99 said:
_incelinside said:
Legit. It's physical presence that's also important.

Yeah this one I forgot to mention. They need to feel your presence as well in the moment.

FeminismsCancer said:
rafaelvicuna3 said:
{
lubricatePussy();
}
else
{
friendZone();
}

Nice one kek

That has to be made up by beta-orbiters.

Exposure effect is definitely legit and it isn't even necessarily about sexuality. A room can feel cozy once you've seen it more. It probably works by similar mechanism as your nostalgia convinces you things were better than they really were.

I can attest that blackops2cel looked less and less ugly the more I saw him memed. Still doesn't look attractive though.

This probably can sometimes give guys a boost but it won't necessarily be enough to ensure attraction.

Well I'm always @ home rotting, so there's that

doesn't work for my face in the mirror

not_here_4_points said:
Exposure effect is definitely legit and it isn't even necessarily about sexuality. A room can feel cozy once you've seen it more. It probably works by similar mechanism as your nostalgia convinces you things were better than they really were.
I can attest that blackops2cel looked less and less ugly the more I saw him memed. Still doesn't look attractive though.
This probably can sometimes give guys a boost but it won't necessarily be enough to ensure attraction.

Yeah, it doesn't 100% guarantee you will get laid, but it increases that opportunity. Good comment

Ive never been attracted to a girl I wasn't attracted to because I saw her alot. Anyways how the hell does this even work because when I use to have females in my friend group I was only friendzoned. Why would they go for an OGRE when they can get an attractive person

Nautica1983 said:
Ive never been attracted to a girl I wasn't attracted to because I saw her alot. Anyways how the hell does this even work because when I use to have females in my friend group I was only friendzoned

Well yeah if your face is sub 5 or 4, then I'm sorry but the truth is your screwed. But if your face is at least 6 then the more they see you, the less they will find you unattractive or repulsive, and will increase your opportunity of escaping inceldom. This is when the exposure effect comes into play. AGAIN, I'm not saying this will always work, but there are some cases where it has

FeminismsCancer said:

{
   lubricatePussy();
  }
else
  {
    friendZone();
   }

Might wanna adjust that height variable and use a percentage..If we were to somehow data mine a shit ton of relationships and calculate the height differential between all relationships and average that, we should use that metric, otherwise ITS OVER.

rafaelvicuna3 said:
Well yeah if your face is sub 5 or 4, then I'm sorry but the truth is your screwed. But if your face is at least 6 then the more they see you, the less they will find you unattractive or repulsive, and will increase your opportunity of escaping inceldom. This is when the exposure effect comes into play. AGAIN, I'm not saying this will always work, but there are some cases where it has

Yeah, i think this only works for people who arent sub 4.

I thought you meant if you turned the exposure up on your camera.

That will work better than this horseshit.

The incels here who deny the exposure effect probably have 0 social experience or friends. There's plenty of data to support the existance of the exposure effect when it comes to objects:

A meta-analysis of 208 experiments found that the mere-exposure effect is robust and reliable, with an effect size of r=0.26.

There's also a lot of anectodal evidence confirming that it applies to humans as well, and even a few studies.

Also I can personally confirm it, there's many girls that have 'grown' on me after a certain perdiod of regular exposure.

This doesn't mean that if you are a subhuman a girl will magically like you. Maybe if she is uncertain at first and finds you borderline attractive she could give you a chance later on, given repeated contacts / exposures.

Social circle game is legit

Anyone who says otherwise doesn’t have friends

Rafa makes up the best copes. It’s all about looks buddy, it’s over.

Machiavelli said:

You’re projecting. Men feel this way. Women don’t. How come 99% of men like their female friends but not vidaversa??

QuantumDummy said:
rafaelvicuna3 said:
Might not work if your face is sub 5.
Confirmed.

Yeah, this quote is important just so that people won't call this a cope.

rafaelvicuna3 said:
QuantumDummy said:
rafaelvicuna3 said:
Might not work if your face is sub 5.
Confirmed.
Yeah, this quote is important just so that people won't call this a cope.

Jfl at people calling the exposure effect a cope. It's a proven thing anyway

Blackpill101 said:
PUA bullshit.

No, it's true, even I have experienced this. The first time you see a girl, you might not be initially attracted, but the attraction can grow if you are exposed to her more often. I don't understand why none of you believe that it's true.

rafaelvicuna3 said:
No, it's true, even I have experienced this. The first time you see a girl, you might not be initially attracted, but the attraction can grow if you are exposed to her more often. I don't understand why none of you believe that it's true.

Femoids will forever reject incels.

Blackpill101 said:
rafaelvicuna3 said:
Femoids will forever reject incels.

They will reject the sub 5 or sub 4 incels. However those above at least a 6 will be able to utilize the exposure effect, and then hopefully, escape Inceldom. Again this does not always work, but it's not impossible.

This is psuedoscience...and in my opinion horseshit. Just because a girl sees you all the time whether it's in classes or some other place isn't going to make her magically attracted to you. The only thing that matters if the girl is attracted to you.

soulcell said:
This is psuedoscience...and in my opinion horseshit. Just because a girl sees you all the time whether it's in classes or some other place isn't going to make her magically attracted to you. The only thing that matters if the girl is attracted to you.

I'll repeat this again. If your face is below a 5, it's not going to work. The AVERAGE looking ones have a chance of using the exposure effect, and ultimately, escaping Inceldom.

rafaelvicuna3 said:
Machiavelli said:
hasn't this been known since like.... the dawn of time? I dislike almost everyone I meet initially, but I keep an open mind because I know everyone I've ever truly liked in my life I spent time getting to know them, doesn't work 100% of the time, some people can just be assholes for no reason.

Cope, they'd have to see your face before they'd actually want to get to know you.