Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Evidence lookism is a reason for my lackluster, dateless, sexless social life and mediocre "career"

andinocel

andinocel

Overlord
★★
I'm stuck at a thankless, dead end job and I have applied to better ones. The few that reply, I interviewed for, and then nothing. I have gone to mock interviews to see what the problem is. Result? "You seem likable and can communicate well! There's no reason why you shouldn't do poorly in interviews!"

I have asked acquaintances and family members if I come across as creepy or awkward, and they assure me that I'm not. Some have asked me why am I single, and that "I seem like such a smart, easygoing guy" (their words, not mine, so not a brag). My low IQ third-world-shithole-raised parents only tell me that "I just need to talk more"

When I used to go to therapy, the therapists assured me that I'm not a weirdo. I have told one of them that I'm very ugly, and that's why I'm a dateless virgin, and the interesting thing is, she says that appearance is not everything, but she has never denied my claim that I'm ugly

No one discusses the enormous elephant in the room
---- my face. My mock interviewers are too polite and too afraid of getting fired or sued if they say that my appearance puts people off, but I know that when I arrive at a real interview, I bet the decision to not hire me is already made once I walk in the door.

Therapists will never say I'm ugly. Neither will friends or family.

Also, admitting that I'm too ugly to find a girlfriend will admit that women are shallow. Admitting that my appearance is a crutch in hiring is admitting that lookism is a problem.

In-person job interviews literally only even exist to assess one's looks

You can't find the truth of how you look in family, friends, or therapists.

In order to objectively evalute your looks you need to use:
- Photofeeler
- Dating sites (how many matches/convos does one get?)
- PSL rating
- When attending an event with new people, how do other people behave towards you? Do you ever receive IOIs from new woman?

It's that easy to objectively get a grasp on ones looks level.

In-person job interviews literally only even exist to assess one's looks
yeah, those should be done with the interviewers' backs turned so lookism could be partially prevented.
You can't find the truth of how you look in family, friends, or therapists.

In order to objectively evalute your looks you need to use:
- Photofeeler
- Dating sites (how many matches/convos does one get?)
- PSL rating
- When attending an event with new people, how do other people behave towards you? Do you ever receive IOIs from new woman?

It's that easy to objectively get a grasp on ones looks level.
Yeah, it's easy to quantify that. Just think about how repulsive or attractive you are to the opposite gender, that's literally it.