Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Everything is a cope

• Thread starter Divergent_Integral
  • Start date
Divergent_Integral

Divergent_Integral

Spastic ricecel, heightmogged by 99.74% of men
★★★★
Dismissing something merely because it's a cope is retarded. Because in the end literally everything we humans do is a cope. All of human culture, from religion to sports to politics to art, can be neatly explained as a cope against death and decay. (That's called Terror Management Theory btw.) Even procreating your genes, touted as the be-all and end-all of human existence by many here, is a cope against the disquieting fact that the material universe will likely come to an end one day. (And intelligent life will probably cease to exist a long, long time before that.) Once the last sentient being dies in this universe beholden to ever accelerating cosmic inflation and to the decay of matter, then what good will all this fuss about procreating have done anyone? Nothing.

At the end of all there is merely an eternity of cold darkness. Measured against this prospect, I'm increasingly of the conviction that nothing we humans do or don't do really matters much. Enjoy your copes, gentlemen, whatever they may be!

I don't think it's a bad thing that there's no meaning in life and there's just nothingness at the end (we're still not 100 percent sure of that anyways).
I remember some normie kept talking to me about how life is so meaningless and all that nihlism circlejerk bs, I was so tempted to tell him to just kill himself and fuck off. (he had a gf/good family and friends and everything btw)
At the end of all there is merely an eternity of cold darkness. Measured against this prospect
this is a human thing, we only see things from our prospective, to us "nothingness" and "meaningless" is a bad thing, but maybe it's not, maybe there are powers above who see "nothingness" as a good thing or at least not a bad thing.

Last edited:
just moneymaxx bro

I don't think it's a bad thing that there's no meaning in life and there's just nothingness at the end (we're still not 100 percent sure of that anyways).
I remember some normie kept talking to me about how life is so meaningless and all that nihlism circlejerk bs, I was so tempted to tell him to just kill himself and fuck off. (he had a gf and a good family and friends etc btw)
Tbh I've largely "outgrown" this desire to attach any kind of broader meaning or purpose to this life. Probably I'm weird and atypical in this, but it's true nonetheless. Nowadays I simply live from day to day for my transitory copes and amusements. I'm totally okay with the idea that one day I will be gone completely, and that there's literally nothing else to my existence here but a relatively brief succession of better or worse days.

for me that the life has no meaning and human existence is short and also meaningless is major lifefuel ngl
Also humans are still primitive compared to other existing sentient races in our galaxy (grays for example) so they are even more worthless :feelsdevil:

for me that the life has no meaning and human existence is short and also meaningless is major lifefuel ngl
Also humans are still primitive compared to other existing sentient races in our galaxy (grays for example) so they are even more worthless :feelsdevil:
Good for you brocel! :feelsautistic:

Tbh I've largely "outgrown" this desire to attach any kind of broader meaning or purpose to this life. Probably I'm weird and atypical in this, but it's true nonetheless. Nowadays I simply live from day to day for my transitory copes and amusements. I'm totally okay with the idea that one day I will be gone completely, and that there's literally nothing else to my existence here but a relatively brief succession of better or worse days.
I feel the same way tbh, I used to be scared shitless as a kid about the future and what job I'm gonna have and how life is gonna be etc, but as I grew older I realized that it's not a bad thing that life has no meaning, from our prospective we see life having no meaning as a bad thing and that nothingness is a bad thing etc, but at the end of the day it's still just our prospective, maybe other species don't see it that way or aliens or higher powers etc, maybe there's a name for this kind of thought/philosophy but I'm pretty sure it's not nihilism.
I don't agree with nihilism, most nihilists are just circle jerking retards who want to look cool and edgy like the normie I mentioned, if someone truly belives in nihilism they would've already killed themselves.

Last edited:
But muh jesus though!

I feel the same way tbh, I used to be scared shitless as a kid about the future and what job I'm gonna have and how life is gonna be etc, but as I grew older I realized that it's not a bad thing that life has no meaning, from our prospective we see life having no meaning as a bad thing and that nothingness is a bad thing etc, but at the end of the day it's still just our prospective, maybe other species don't see it that way or aliens or higher powers etc
I still don't agree with nihilism, most nihilists are just circle jerking retards who want to look cool and edgy like the normie I mentioned, if someone truly belives in nihilism they would've already killed themselves.
I'm not really a nihilist though. When I'm enjoying my many copes I attach, so to say, ultimate meaning to them. But when I'm away from my copes I do notice how absurd it is to attach any kind of meaning to, say, chess or music. It's a sort of switch that I can turn off or on, or rather a willing temporary suspension of disbelief. I experience my life more and more like a good movie that one can really get "into".

Everything is a cope, i think only true happiness matters and that can only be felt while youre a kid and teen and learn about things and experience them for the first time, when you exist and do without needing a goal or a purpose. In adulthood brain numbs and stops enjoying in many things, adults try to relive the feelings of experiences they enjoyed. Most people are depressed and nostalgic, they keep searching for a purpose or a meaning.

Finding good copes is important

being tall and gl is no coping at all

Dismissing something merely because it's a cope is retarded. Because in the end literally everything we humans do is a cope. All of human culture, from religion to sports to politics to art, can be neatly explained as a cope against death and decay. (That's called Terror Management Theory btw.) Even procreating your genes, touted as the be-all and end-all of human existence by many here, is a cope against the disquieting fact that the material universe will likely come to an end one day. (And intelligent life will probably cease to exist a long, long time before that.) Once the last sentient being dies in this universe beholden to ever accelerating cosmic inflation and to the decay of matter, then what good will all this fuss about procreating have done anyone? Nothing.

At the end of all there is merely an eternity of cold darkness. Measured against this prospect, I'm increasingly of the conviction that nothing we humans do or don't do really matters much. Enjoy your copes, gentlemen, whatever they may be!
Thanks for your post.
Anyways we don't know what is going to happen.

The only case where pointing out that something is a cope makes sense is when the person doesn't even know he's coping, for example when a 1/10 framelet actually thinks that after gymmaxxing he'll have a chance to get laid. If someone is fully aware that what he's doing is a cope, I agree it's not a problem.

Last edited:
humans or our descendants can theoretically exist for a very, very long time. think a quantillion years or more. compared to the average childless roastie's 50 remaining years, 10 of those in good health. is it ultimately meaningless? possibly. but a quintillion years is a long fucking way out