Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Every time I go to the gym

Angry_runt

Angry_runt

Cursed OGcel
★★★★★
Every time I go to the gym I have to walk past a bunch of busy sidewalk cafes. There's foids and chads and normies just chilling and enjoying their day and there's me going to or from gymmaxxing that does me no good whatsoever. I feel like shit dragging myself and my backpack all sweaty past those happy people enjoying a pleasant summer day. At least I'm invisible to them, I couldn't cope if they were looking down on me too.

By a quick calculation I have spent 3640 hours in the gym so far (5 hours a week for 14 years) and ate around 21000 bland unsatisfying meals I didn't want to eat. I don't know why I still do it, probably sunk cost fallacy or I'm just a brainlet but I'm about to eat chicken and vegetables again.

It sucks being poor. I couldn’t imagine being able to go to some expensive place downtown in the middle of the day. Let alone actually having people I could eat and drink with. There are food cart places where I will see like a group of fifteen people who know each other drinking beer at like 4 PM.

In high school I guess I kind of had a large core group of friends. But my “group” dwindled throughout the years. Now it’s zero.

You don't need to eat bland, you should be eating the richest food you can afford. Fatty, nourishing. I spent way too long in cut mode when I first started gymcelling. I should've cut for a little bit, then bulked, and cycled, as I'm doing now. I've gained 10 pounds of mostly muscle in the last year, and I never eat skinless chicken breast.

>he fell for the chicken breast and vegetables meme
>for 14 years

:lul:

home gym masterrace checking in

You don't need to eat bland, you should be eating the richest food you can afford. Fatty, nourishing. I spent way too long in cut mode when I first started gymcelling. I should've cut for a little bit, then bulked, and cycled, as I'm doing now. I've gained 10 pounds of mostly muscle in the last year, and I never eat skinless chicken breast.
I'm almost 37, the days when I could eat crap and not get fat are long past. I have to put 200 grams of brotein in max 2500kcal a day.

>he fell for the chicken breast and vegetables meme
>for 14 years
:lul:

I feel much better training at home

How much weight do you have at home?
Enough. Have a barbell and two dumbbell bars, weight plates of around 120kg max. Not trying to break a record, just keeping myself in shape.

Enough. Have a barbell and two dumbbell bars, weight plates of around 120kg max. Not trying to break a record, just keeping myself in shape.
That's pretty good. I move around a lot and I don't have a house but if I ever do I'll have a home gym for sure.

There's foids and chads and normies just chilling and enjoying their day and there's me going to or from gymmaxxing that does me no good whatsoever.
At least you can do 20 pull ups, unlike them

I don't know why I still do it, probably sunk cost fallacy or I'm just a brainlet but I'm about to eat chicken and vegetables again.
Because you're blackpilled and know you'd look worse otherwise.

How much fat % is good enough to start bulking in your opinion?

Every time I go to the gym I have to walk past a bunch of busy sidewalk cafes. There's foids and chads and normies just chilling and enjoying their day and there's me going to or from gymmaxxing that does me no good whatsoever. I feel like shit dragging myself and my backpack all sweaty past those happy people enjoying a pleasant summer day. At least I'm invisible to them, I couldn't cope if they were looking down on me too.

By a quick calculation I have spent 3640 hours in the gym so far (5 hours a week for 14 years) and ate around 21000 bland unsatisfying meals I didn't want to eat. I don't know why I still do it, probably sunk cost fallacy or I'm just a brainlet but I'm about to eat chicken and vegetables again.

If you hate gymming, then don't do it. Or just do it when you feel like it. Get another hobby bro.

I'm almost 37, the days when I could eat crap and not get fat are long past. I have to put 200 grams of brotein in max 2500kcal a day.
Don't believe the lie that fat is "crap". Fat is nourishing. Animal fat, in particular, is just about as nourishing of a food as you can get. There are fat soluble vitamins simply not available anywhere else (and no, taking supplements isn't a valid substitute).

That sounds like a lot of protein, too, unless you're very heavy. They say max you need 0.82g of protein per pound of bodyweight. I eat 120g/day and I'm thinking about cutting that down, even.

I say this as someone not much younger than you.
How much fat % is good enough to start bulking in your opinion?
Regardless of bulking or cutting, I am for 0.75g * body weight in pounds of protein a day, and then the rest of my calories I aim to get about even, gram wise, between fat and carbs, which means 2.25 times as much calories from fat as carbs.

If you want to bulk, do the same as above but up the calories by eating cultured butter or having a couple bananas. If you want to cut, decrease the calories.

I used to worry a lot about tracking my macros and stuff, but I now I just eat very high quality food (grass fed beef and dairy, pastured chicken and eggs, pesticide-free greens, etc) and don't worry as much about it. "Intuitive eating" is kind of a meme under the "healthy at every size" meme, but if you can avoid the processed crap and reprogram yourself to have healthy habits and know what hungry is, what full is, etc, it's a fine way to live.

Last edited:
At least you can do 20 pull ups, unlike them
24... but not enough to pull myself out of inceldom.

Don't believe the lie that fat is "crap". Fat is nourishing. Animal fat, in particular, is just about as nourishing of a food as you can get. There are fat soluble vitamins simply not available anywhere else (and no, taking supplements isn't a valid substitute).
Fat is important (and far better than simple carbs like processed sugar and stuff like that) but my body is still programmed to prepare for famine so it'll store excess calories as fat. Eat healthy all you want, but eat more than you need and it's going to end up on your gut or your neck.

Are you atleast shredded?

If you've been bloatmaxxing this whole time, got bad news for you.

Jesus man, you must be ripped. I cannot be fucked to ever go to the gym. Literally why would I? Comfort is my only cope tbh, I hate pushing myself in any endeavour, rotting is the path of least resistance.

Are you atleast shredded?
Jesus man, you must be ripped.
Nah, I used to be but then I got fat (thanks blackpill!) and now I'm getting back in shape because I realized a lot of my self worth is tied into how my body is. I'm probably at 18% body fat now and I'll see how low I can go before the effort becomes unbearable.

I cannot be fucked to ever go to the gym. Literally why would I? Comfort is my only cope tbh, I hate pushing myself in any endeavour, rotting is the path of least resistance.
You should try it just in case a good body pushes you (mentally or physically) over the threshold out of inceldom.

Why don't you start injecting steroids? what you have to lose?

Fucking hell.

Why are you still going on?
Having a good body became the baseline for my confidence so even though I get nothing from it, when I get fat or weak I feel even worse. I didn't have this problem before I started going to the gym.

It just isn't worth the effort. I'd have to get roids and then deal with the side effects and it's not like I didn't already have an amazing body so I know it won't help me. But I can't let myself go either because I'll feel like shit. So I just trudge along to the gym and back and eat clean garbage.

My fucking balls, mate
iu

Obtain steroids

Be happy you're invisible. They stare and laugh at me.

Well do you lots of gains now?

I was in the exact same position as you so I decided to stop gym.

we are merely observers of life not partcipants

i have same feelings about cafes and normalfags there. used to wage cuck in a one time ago, it was literally a mental torture, and very humilating.