Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Even language learning apps remind me of my loneliness

TheNEET

TheNEET

mentally crippled by sleepoverless teen years
★★★★★
I've been doing French on Drops for a few days and it seems like they're having a redesign (I hope it's not finished, because the serif font is ugly)
anyway, idk if this message was there before, but now in your profile they encourage you to invite friends with the message "Learning with friends is much more fun and efficient" :feelsrope:
thanks for reminding me how I have no friends and my brain rots from loneliness
Screenshot 2021 09 08 16 16 46

Incels have to go the unfunny and inefficient way to learn a new language

is the app any good?

is the app any good?
it's only for drilling vocabulary and the vocabulary is segregated by topics, not by frequency
the kinds of categories and vocabulary there is, you can find in their "visual dictionary" (it's exactly the same content as the app)
I don't think buying premium is worth it (the free version of the app is limited to one language and 5 minutes of learning per day, tho if you keep learning every day, you constantly get bonuses, additional time), but it's a good supplement for building vocabulary: the quizzes are fun, everything has fun sounds and visuals and the 5-7 minutes per day are great to get some additional vocabulary which may not be immediately useful; it also has some kind of spaced repetition system built-in, you get asked for words you've learned earlier frequently, so you don't forget them
in general, yeah, it's not a full language-learning app, but rather a way to learn like 3 new words a day with no effort

it's only for drilling vocabulary and the vocabulary is segregated by topics, not by frequency
the kinds of categories and vocabulary there is, you can find in their "visual dictionary" (it's exactly the same content as the app)
I don't think buying premium is worth it (the free version of the app is limited to one language and 5 minutes of learning per day, tho if you keep learning every day, you constantly get bonuses, additional time), but it's a good supplement for building vocabulary: the quizzes are fun, everything has fun sounds and visuals and the 5-7 minutes per day are great to get some additional vocabulary which may not be immediately useful; it also has some kind of spaced repetition system built-in, you get asked for words you've learned earlier frequently, so you don't forget them
in general, yeah, it's not a full language-learning app, but rather a way to learn like 3 new words a day with no effort
alright so its more of a supplementary app
suck about the 5 minute limit thing though
might be worth adding it into your learning resources if you already have a more fullfledged app that you mainly use