Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Erasure of short and skinny males

• Thread starter Deleted member 27204
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27204

Self-banned
-

Article is from 2013. This has been going on for some time now.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/52ei9v/short_guys_where_do_you_buy_clothes_that_fit_right/

This is similar to how clothing for thin males has been more difficult to find and the average size pertains to either fat men or regular size males.
It's consistent with the predominant social view in the last few years that by default males are either fat and need to hit the gym or acceptably in shape, with skinny or hard-gainer males not even coming into the picture.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/91md0p/best_brands_for_slim_mens_clothing/

Highlights from the 2013 article:

Most of these shirts would fit perfectly if I were two or three inches taller, and there are plenty of guys who are shorter than me. I mean, this is crazy. “Small” and “medium” clothes don’t fit small and medium men. You know who they do fit? 6 foot 2 models:

Model in size medium shirt

Is it unreasonable to think that a size medium should fit the average adult male, who is roughly 5’9″ and 180 lbs., rather than a 6’2″ guy with a model’s build? Wouldn’t it make more sense for a someone who is five inches above average height to wear a large, or even an extra large?

If medium sized clothes fit 6’2″ males, and small clothes fit average males, then what about small males? The bottom line is:

If you’re below average height, you will be hard-pressed to find anything that fits properly off the rack in the vast majority of American clothing stores.

Takeaways and relation to inceldom: More proof that society would rather sweep the existence of nonchad males under the rug and try to only highlight good looking men that women find attractive as the minimum standard for the average male.

Simultaneously society is trying to cover up and memoryhole the existence of nonchad males and at the same time demonize the ones that aren't silent (incels).

Last edited:
We short men are treated like jews in Nazi Germany.

I wouldn't be surprised if in 10-20 years we are being hunted and put into concentration camps to be annihilated.

I wouldn't be surprised if in 10-20 years we are being hunted and put into concentration camps to be annihilated.
Short for males today is anything 5'10'' or less.

Remember that many male celebrities that were seen as having a lot of sexual appeal as recently as the 2000s were less than 6 feet tall.
6'2''+ used to be considered fairly tall and now it's just considered closer to average.

Last edited:
Being a shortcel I can just about find clothes that fit me but If I was any shorter I'd have to go to the kids section. I wonder where sub 5'8 males get their clothes from

Can't short guys just wear children or teenager clothes?

Having to look for clothes in the kids section or specific stores for short males
Brutal. Imagine the humiliation of having to wear children's clothes your entire life. It's like never getting to grow up

I have tons of issues finding fitting shirts because size L assume you're either tall or fat. Average height gymcels are very rarely thought of
So most shirts end up too long or too baggy at the bottom (like a fucking reverse V because fat fucks)

I can't imagine how hard this must be if you're a short gymcel or a short guy with a big frame

Can't short guys just wear children or teenager clothes?
I mean the fact they have to resort to that and are just being ignored by clothing retailers in places like the US despite how 5'9'' is supposedly an average height for males in the US
shows something is wrong.
Brutal. Imagine the humiliation of having to wear children's clothes your entire life
And the risk of looking like a predator having to go into the children's aisles to buy clothes
@SlayerSlayer

I have tons of issues finding fitting shirts because size L assume you're either tall or fat. Average height gymcels are very rarely thought of
So most shirts end up too long or too baggy at the bottom (like a fucking reverse V because fat fucks)

I can't imagine how hard this must be if you're a short gymcel or a short guy with a big frame
In fact in the part I highlighted it says that

"Is it unreasonable to think that a size medium should fit the average adult male, who is roughly 5’9″ and 180 lbs., rather than a 6’2″ guy with a model’s build? Wouldn’t it make more sense for a someone who is five inches above average height to wear a large, or even an extra large?"

Putting aside the issue of gymcelling manlets: where does this even leave short and more specifically skinny males that don't weigh a lot?
It's not like there are a negligible portion of them yet they are completely ignored.
It's like a subtle way of society telling short skinny males that at the very least they should gymcel. But that completely dismisses and misses the point that it isn't possible for all skinny males to easily gain weight or put on muscle. Especially skinny males with naturally narrow and small skeletal frames.

Last edited:

cope, skinny>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fat

Also, most americans are overwieght, so thats why its less likely for them to even expect skinny people to buy stuff

Also, most americans are overwieght, so thats why its less likely for them to even expect skinny people to buy stuff
I never said fat was better than skinny.
I said that the idea that there are a significant portion of men that are short and skinny is something society has started to refuse to accept and insists on classifying men as either fat and needing to hit the gym or acceptably in shape with no in between.

The same way that society is trying to pretend that 6'2'' is the new average height for males

"Most of these shirts would fit perfectly if I were two or three inches taller, and there are plenty of guys who are shorter than me. I mean, this is crazy. “Small” and “medium” clothes don’t fit small and medium men. You know who they do fit? 6 foot 2 models:"

and trying to encourage this kind of perception by refusing to have clothe sizes in stock for shorter adult males.

Last edited:
These sort of shameless pandering to exaggerated gynocentric ideals for what a man should be or look like to be seems to me a part of some sinister conspiracy to promote hypergamy and promiscuity, the ensuing struggle and depression amidst the male population will deplete the overall productivity and make sure to be a good deal of a liability on the state. The catalyst being random Randy woke whores on tweeter. Now they won't even let shortcels to rot and after sometime they'll start picking them up for forced labour or execution.

These sort of shameless pandering to exaggerated gynocentric ideals for what a man should be or look like to be seems to me a part of some sinister conspiracy to promote hypergamy and promiscuity, the ensuing struggle and depression amidst the male population will deplete the overall productivity and make sure to be a good deal of a liability on the state. The catalyst being random Randy woke whores on tweeter.
This article is from 2013 well before woke twitter whores were a thing en masse.

I think it's more like clothing companies wanting to boost their image by showing what people consider to be genetically superior looking males and not at all tailoring to average or below average males.

Clothing companies decide sizes based on the probability that they will sell. This is based on data more than anything. Predicting what size clothes a clothing company should sell is actually my dads job so I sort of know about this stuff.

This article is from 2013 well before woke twitter whores were a thing en masse.

I think it's more like clothing companies wanting to boost their image by showing what people consider to be genetically superior looking males and not at all tailoring to average or below average males.
Yea, nobody is after you for showing Chad's in your ads as models but why the hell would you stop making decent clothes for manlets, nobody wants to lurk around in a children's section with wearing clothes similar to them, this sort of thinking is similar to wokepanzees and whores, tho they're not a thing back then, they sure acted as a catalyst and now must be having important positions in these woke pandering companies affecting their policies on even the minutest of things and here's the result with their obvious bias and prejudices.

Last edited:
Clothing companies decide sizes based on the probability that they will sell. This is based on data more than anything. Predicting what size clothes a clothing company should sell is actually my dads job so I sort of know about this stuff.
Large populations of short and skinny males didn't suddenly stop existing even when clothing stores started largely refusing to have smaller size clothes in stock.

And most men still aren't 6'2''+ so marketing clothes toward this size and excluding a large portion of the male populace because of the stated reason that it would mean an increased probability that these clothes would sell doesn't explain this.

Yea, nobody is after you for showing Chad's in your ads as models but why the hell would you stop making decent clothes for manlets, nobody wants to lurk around in a children's section with wearing clothes similar to them, this sort of thinking is similar to wokepanzees and whores, tho they're not a thing back then, they sure acted as a catalyst and now must be having important positions in these woke pandering companies affecting their policies on even the minutest of things and here's the result.
That's why it's more of erasure and dismissal of the existence of short and skinny males and the pushing the incorrect assumption that by default pretty much every male is tall and somewhat fat/very fat or in shape with no in between.

Last edited:
Large populations of short and skinny males didn't suddenly stop existing even when clothing stores started largely refusing to have smaller size clothes in stock.

And most men still aren't 6'2''+ so marketing clothes toward this size and excluding a large portion of the male populace because of the stated reason that it would mean an increased probability that these clothes would sell doesn't explain this.

That's why it's more of erasure and dismissal of the existence of short and skinny males and the pushing the incorrect assumption that by default pretty much every male is tall and somewhat fat/very fat or in shape with no in between.
Or maybe short men are just less likely to buy from the stores he’s shopping at. How many shortcels do you know shop at banana republic. All I know is that there isn’t some mass corporate conspiracy to keep their clothes from being sold to short guys. They want as much revenue as they can get and that includes from short men. This stuff is data driven

Or maybe short men are just less likely to buy from the stores he’s shopping at.
And why would that be?
Short men aren't any less likely to go to specifically tailored stores than other customers are. It's more that they were forced to go to such specialty stores because the regular stores they used to shop at no longer have these smaller clothes in stock.

How many shortcels do you know shop at banana republic.
This isn't just one chain but all kinds of stores where you can buy clothes. There's barely any clothes in the adult section for males that are below 5'10''.

All I know is that there isn’t some mass corporate conspiracy to keep their clothes from being sold to short guys. They want as much revenue as they can get and that includes from short men. This stuff is data driven
Yet you suggest that short men are less likely to buy from stores for some reason and all of a sudden. Isn't that a conspiracy in itself?
Short men didn't just decide not to buy from a certain store suddenly. The more likely scenario is that many department stores just stopped offering those size clothes and short men were forced to go to specially tailored stores for clothes made in their size.

It makes no sense to "get as much revenue as you can get" by excluding clothes sizes from a whole portion of males under the assumption that "well they probably just shop somewhere else now".

Last edited:
Or maybe short men are just less likely to buy from the stores he’s shopping at. How many shortcels do you know shop at banana republic. All I know is that there isn’t some mass corporate conspiracy to keep their clothes from being sold to short guys. They want as much revenue as they can get and that includes from short men. This stuff is data driven
It's just that they make and keep their worst for manlets and their best for Chads.

And why would that be?
Short men aren't any less likely to go to specifically tailored stores than other customers are. It's more that they were forced to go to such stores because the stores they used to shop at no longer have these smaller clothes in stock.

This isn't just one chain but all department stores where you buy clothes. There's barely any clothes for males that are below 5'10''.

Yet you suggest that short men are less likely to buy from stores for some reason. Isn't that a conspiracy in itself?
Short men didn't just decide not to buy from a certain store suddenly. Stores just stopped offering those size clothes.
I’m saying that chads are probably more likely to be perusing stores in the mall (like banana republic or hollister or American eagle) with foids while I buy my clothes cheap off Amazon. I was using banana republic as an example

I’m saying that chads are probably more likely to be perusing stores in the mall (like banana republic or hollister or American eagle) with foids while I buy my clothes cheap off Amazon. I was using banana republic as an example
This isn't just Banana Republic though.
This issue where there aren't correct sized clothes for short males below 5'10'' extends to all kinds of stores where you can buy clothes.
It's so bad that many short males have to resort to going to places with hand me down items to get relatively unused clothes that fit them.

It's just that they make and keep their worst for manlets and their best for Chads.
"While major retailers often have blamed their lack of plus-size options on the fact that larger clothes require more material and incur more costs, short men’s clothing requires less fabric and should therefore cost less to produce. But any deviation from average can affect the production chain."

:waitwhat:

Last edited:
This isn't just Banana Republic though.
This issue where there aren't correct sized clothes for short males below 5'10'' extends to all kinds of stores where you can buy clothes.
It's so bad that many short males have to resort to going to places with hand me down items to get relatively unused clothes that fit them.
But you really think that corporations are knowingly giving up revenue to prevent short males from wearing their clothes. They choose how much stock to buy of each size based on how much of that size they predict they will sell which is based on historical data. It’s really that simple

weight can be lost, but you can't get taller

But you really think that corporations are knowingly giving up revenue to prevent short males from wearing their clothes.
I'm saying that the exact reason isn't known but it is in effect erasure of short and skinny males and in a way acts as a refusal to acknowledge such males even exist.

I'm not saying that corporations are knowingly giving up revenue to prevent short males from wearing their clothes.
That's your assumption of what I think.

They could be doing this for many different reason and some probably having to do with image but the net effect is still the same: the erasure of and refusal to acknowledge short and skinny adult males such that even regular sized clothes aren't available or easily found when such males shop for clothes like anyone else when it comes time to buy new clothes.

They choose how much stock to buy of each size based on how much of that size they predict they will sell which is based on historical data. It’s really that simple
No I don't think it's that simple as you are suggesting.
This trend toward clothes not even being offered below certain sizes (we aren't talking like 4'11'' here but 5'10'') started fairly recently (I don't remember seeing this issue in the first decade of the 2000s) but it's been escalating.

Sometimes I've only seen minimum shirt sizes for 5'11'' adult males in stock.

Last edited:
I'm saying that the exact reason isn't known but it is in effect erasure of short and skinny males and in a way acts as a refusal to acknowledge such males even exist.

I'm not saying that corporations are knowingly giving up revenue to prevent short males from wearing their clothes.
That's your assumption of what I think.

They could be doing this for many different reason and some probably having to do with image but the net effect is still the same: the erasure and refusal to acknowledge short and skinny adult males.

No I don't think it's that simple as you are suggesting.
This trend toward clothes not even being offered below certain sizes (we aren't talking like 4'11'' here but 5'8'') started fairly recently (I don't remember seeing this issue in the first decade of the 2000s) but it's been escalating.

Sometimes I've only seen minimum shirt sizes for 5'11'' adult males in stock.
I agree that it still sucks for shortcels no matter the reason

I agree that it still sucks for shortcels no matter the reason
Yeah it shouldn't be too but it's very strange that it picked up around the 2010s.
I really don't remember seeing such sharp cutoffs in size before then.

This isn't my imagination either:

"3. "My husband has an awful time finding pants that fit. They are always too long and too baggy. Why don't they have short, average, and long pants like they do for women's sizing?" -- Facebook user Melissa Missi Quon Huber"

"5. "'One size fits all' socks -- that's BS! I wear size 8 shoes and 99 percent of dress socks are too big. How can you label socks 'shoe size 6-12'?????" -- Facebook user Paul Barras"

"13. "Being that 5'8" is the mean/average and [the] most common height in the world, clothing stores always stock 3 times as many clothes for guys who are 6'4" and 300 lbs." -- Facebook user John Bryant"

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/52ei9v/short_guys_where_do_you_buy_clothes_that_fit_right/

"It seems like the only off the rack clothes for short guys are also for fat guys... are all short people fat? I see mostly waist size 36+ with length 30 legs, and those legs are too long for me. My waist is about a 29 and my legs need a 28 or 29 as well... this size does not exist in any clothing store I've ever seen."

"Clothes are generally designed for guys that are 6-foot,” says Steven Mazur, cofounder of Ash & Anvil, a brand that makes clothing designed specifically for men under 5’8”.

“If you go to most major retailers’ websites and see the photos of the models, it often says ‘Model is wearing a small and he’s 5'11"' or ‘Model is wearing a medium and he's 6'1”,” says Mazur. Fitting clothing around 6-foot-tall men just doesn't make a ton of sense. In reality, the guys reaching for a small aren't beanstalks."

"Both note that about a third of the population in the US — or 30 million men — are under 5’8” and without many good clothing options for their height. When sizing clothes down, it takes more than just going from a medium to small at your local retailer, Manning says. “We rethink everything: pocket placement, pocket size, button stance, sleeve width, cuff lengths,” he explains. “A small from another brand could be a 6-foot-tall skinny guy, so that small can be quite long in the sleeve and the length.”"

Last edited:
I relate to this. I have a small frame, but in good shape from regular lifting. Dress clothing is especially hard to find. I either have to deal with the midsection flowing or it being so tight around the chest and neck that I can't wear a tie.

Well the fashion industry is to a large extent run by foids nowadays. It tells us this:

6'-6'2 = medium (meaning the average foid deserves Chads of this height)
5'10 = small
5'8 = extra small (tehee so short (subhuman))
< 5'8 = subhuman

Well the fashion industry is to a large extent run by foids nowadays. It tells us this:

6'-6'2 = medium (meaning the average foid deserves Chads of this height)
5'10 = small
5'8 = extra small (tehee so short (subhuman))
< 5'8 = subhuman
"Under 510 Clothes for Short Men"

It's official, under 5'10'' is manlet to most people.

And if what you are saying about foids running even the male fashion industry is true:

imagine foids being so obsessed with hating short males that they decide to pretend short males that need new clothes don't even exist and refuse to even provide clothes to them as a retailer that is supposed to service all males :feelsclown:

Last edited:
It's almost imposible to find clothes that are slim enough even in the kids section

It's almost imposible to find clothes that are slim enough even in the kids section
Partly that's because of the obesity epidemic but imo it also has to do with image.
The image of short and skinny males doesn't even exist anymore in the public consciousness in western countries.

Some of the links to the reddit discussions I provided show that people are talking about how you have to go to Asian retail outlets to even find clothing that is slim enough :feelsclown:

Because it's less common. They stock most clothes for average height men because that's who there is most of and who will buy the most. Abnormally tall men have trouble finding clothes at normal stores too which is why "big and tall" stores exist. I'm guessing "small and short" stores don't exist because no one would want to go in one.

Because it's less common. They stock most clothes for average height men because that's who there is most of and who will buy the most. Abnormally tall men have trouble finding clothes at normal stores too which is why "big and tall" stores exist. I'm guessing "small and short" stores don't exist because no one would want to go in one.
13. "Being that 5'8" is the mean/average and [the] most common height in the world, clothing stores always stock 3 times as many clothes for guys who are 6'4" and 300 lbs." -- Facebook user John Bryant"

6'4'' and 300 lbs isn't anymore normal than 5'8'' is

Small and short stores do exist but they are mainly in the cities.
Lol people really expect short males to struggle to even buy new fitting clothes and think it's okay.

13. "Being that 5'8" is the mean/average and [the] most common height in the world, clothing stores always stock 3 times as many clothes for guys who are 6'4" and 300 lbs." -- Facebook user John Bryant"

6'4'' and 300 lbs isn't anymore normal than 5'8'' is

Small and short stores do exist but they are mainly in the cities.
Lol people really expect short males to struggle to even buy new fitting clothes and think it's okay.
idk. I am manlet and I haven't had that much problem finding clothes so I assumed it's not that bad. Maybe it depends on what city you are in

Being a shortcel I can just about find clothes that fit me but If I was any shorter I'd have to go to the kids section. I wonder where sub 5'8 males get their clothes from
you're above 5'8 and call yourself a "shortcel"? :feelswhat:

you're above 5'8 and call yourself a "shortcel"? :feelswhat:
"Under 510 Clothes for Short Men"

It's official, under 5'10'' is manlet to most people.

idk. I am manlet and I haven't had that much problem finding clothes so I assumed it's not that bad. Maybe it depends on what city you are in
You still find clothes in the adult section that are of suitable size for shorter males around heights like 5'7'' to 5'9''.
Haven't seen those kind of sizes being offered for a while now tbh it's all 5'10'' and above as far as I can see.

You still find clothes in the adult section that are of suitable size for shorter males around heights like 5'7'' to 5'9''.
Haven't seen those kind of sizes being offered for a while now tbh it's all 5'10'' and above as far as I can see.
I'm 5'5 and I can easily find clothing in the adult's section tbh. idk what that's all about.

I'm 5'5 and I can easily find clothing in the adult's section tbh. idk what that's all about.
What kind/brand of stores do you go to?
Are you in the city?

I never regularly see those size clothes in the adult section at stores anymore.

What kind/brand of stores do you go to?
Are you in the city?

I never regularly see those size clothes in the adult section at stores anymore.
I live in the city, there's a mall I go to to buy clothes and they always have shirts and jeans my size, sweatpants on the otherhand i have to get it ajusted to my size by a tailor.

I live in the city, there's a mall I go to to buy clothes and they always have shirts and jeans my size, sweatpants on the otherhand i have to get it ajusted to my size by a tailor.
I've noticed they sometimes have smaller size clothes but not all ranges.

For example they'll have clothes for 5'5'', 5'6'' males and then clothes for 5'10''+ males with no clothes fitting 5'7'', 5'8'' or 5'9'' males.

It's very strange.

Im athletic, so I have a wider chest and arms which is fine, somethings get tight in that area, but I usually fit into Men's Uniqlo XS casual shirts
35B75113 F79E 4C1B 9EEC E719E53961F5

They are bent on genocidng short men by either forcing them to wear clothes meant for children (and thus looking like clowns or teenagers who never grow up but only become older and wrinkle) or making them never leave home because you have nothing digestible to wear.

It is though.

I mean suddenly clothes retailers stop featuring or selling clothes below a certain size or inclusive of a shorter range even though such shorter males didn't suddenly vanish.

But then society only quietly brushes this off and there is next to no discussion about it IRL. Meanwhile the average height for what is considered acceptable keeps rising even though males aren't getting taller on average that fast.

They are bent on genocidng short men by either forcing them to wear clothes meant for children (and thus looking like clowns or teenagers who never grow up but only become older and wrinkle) or making them never leave home because you have nothing digestible to wear.
The way things are going every male shorter than some arbitrarily defined fashionable height won't even have the dignity to buy regular fitting clothes without having to go to a thrift store, charity location giving away used clothes or going to specially designed/designated ghettos stores for short males.

It's a subtle but also not quite easily dismissed sign of othering and marginalization that you have to be forced to go to such tedious means to even regularly shop for clothes if you are shorter than some ever changing socially designated height and there are still millions of people the same height as you facing the same problem.

Last edited:

you're not entitled to clothes, stinkler, tee hee :soy: