Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Emulator > Console

PillarofReality

PillarofReality

Officer
If you've got the option to play a game on an emulator, why on earth would people bother shelling out for a console? Especially when the whole rigmarole around these consoles feels more like a racket than anything else.

Emulators don't cost anything, all you need is a decent PC, which most people already have. You can play any game from any console, any time, without the need to swap disks, deal with updates or worry about backwards compabiliity. Just load the Rom and go. Emulators also can offer better graphics, faster load times and mods.

Yeah, i own a bunch of retro consoles but emulators are just far more convenient at this point tbh

My only concern about emulators is viruses.

My only concern about emulators is viruses.
You are worrying too much. Most of them are open source and you can see through source code and compile them yourself. If there was something in those files then you would hear it all over the internet.

Pcsx2 qt v2xNHokVxP

I just received my new cpu+mobo that will be used in RPCS3 to play more demanding titles like Gran Turismo 5+6, Motorstorm, God of war 3.

Last edited:
I'm relieved now.
You better should be

PS2:
Vita:
PSP:
PS3:
Switch:
Gamecube + Wii:
PS1:
Xbox1:
Xbox360:

Cemu pisses me off and corrupts itself way too often so i'm not listing it anymore as usable emulator.

You better should be

PS2:
Vita:
PSP:
PS3:
Switch:
Gamecube + Wii:
PS1:
Xbox1:
Xbox360:

Cemu pisses me off and corrupts itself way too often so i'm not listing it anymore as usable emulator.
Surprised there's emulators for the PS3 & Xbox 360. Those games were pretty huge.

Surprised there's emulators for the PS3 & Xbox 360. Those games were pretty huge.
PS3 is way more demanding on hardware to emulate some games (for example i can't even run Wipeout on my old cpu since it doesn't have 8 cores, while Xb360 is pretty straightforward and requires mostly just good GPU and cpu is secondary any modern cpu will do great even i3 of last few gens, although it has way more bugs and glitches than RPCS3.

For example music may not work at all (Burnout Revenge), effects are bugged, shadows and lights may look weird, and you can't increase resolution from 720p (Forza Motorsport 4) cuz it breaks reflections especially on mirrors sometimes audio freezes out of nowhere by filling your HDD with garbage .log files that take over 4gb :feelskek: ,RDR1 having issues with lights, however titles like PGR4 (shame about 30fps cap) or Tekken 6 run and look great.

Speaking of PS3 emulator Demon's Souls and Ratchet & Clank Collection after last updates runs great on my GPU at 4k but one thing is annoying - windows messes up with my first core of cpu and put it at 0% so i need to restart one of win10 service to have stable performance. Gates and your pajeets are such incompetent fuckers go to hell :reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee:

There is even PS4 emulator but it's in alpha state.

No emulator for your face

Most wanted was meant to be played on 1280x1024 LCD not stupid CRT :reeeeee: View attachment 1233556
That's a vsync master, when Samsung had a foot in the monitor market:feelsbadman:

I use an ASUS VG248qe for all my machines, a lovely successor. You can check here in the thread; https://incels.is/threads/my-neet-room-2023.457581/

Btw the TV is a Philips 32 inches, connected to a PS2, SNES and Sega Dreamcast.

Of course, nothing beats the feeling of playing on a CRT with original hardware. But emulation is just far more practical.
Yeah it far outweights the stress of getting something working, but the trouble is the adventure .

PS3 is way more demanding on hardware to emulate some games (for example i can't even run Wipeout on my old cpu since it doesn't have 8 cores, while Xb360 is pretty straightforward and requires mostly just good GPU and cpu is secondary any modern cpu will do great even i3 of last few gens, although it has way more bugs and glitches than RPCS3.

For example music may not work at all (Burnout Revenge), effects are bugged, shadows and lights may look weird, and you can't increase resolution from 720p (Forza Motorsport 4) cuz it breaks reflections especially on mirrors sometimes audio freezes out of nowhere by filling your HDD with garbage .log files that take over 4gb :feelskek: ,RDR1 having issues with lights, however titles like PGR4 (shame about 30fps cap) or Tekken 6 run and look great.

Speaking of PS3 emulator Demon's Souls and Ratchet & Clank Collection after last updates runs great on my GPU at 4k but one thing is annoying - windows messes up with my first core of cpu and put it at 0% so i need to restart one of win10 service to have stable performance. Gates and your pajeets are such incompetent fuckers go to hell :reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee:

There is even PS4 emulator but it's in alpha state.

PS3 is still a decent Blu-ray PlayER.
Likewise, Same GOES to the PS2 if you have DVDs

You better should be

PS2:
Vita:
PSP:
PS3:
Switch:
Gamecube + Wii:
PS1:
Xbox1:
Xbox360:

You got to go to reddit citra they have mega threads that shows you where to download citra and it's forks

The original Xbox was better built compared to that atrocious ring of Death fiasco that was the Xbox 360.
Does Carmageddon 64 run better on emulator compared to the real actual N64 hardware? Less lag?

The original Xbox was better built compared to that atrocious ring of Death fiasco that was the Xbox 360.
My 360 is a launch model and somehow never red-ringed lol

Does Carmageddon 64 run better on emulator compared to the real actual N64 hardware? Less lag?
Dont know dude.
I never owned a N64 neither played with that emulator. :feelskek:

Project 64 was a fun emulator, but a little glitchy and laggy.
I Did play around with a SNES emulator once on a Windows XP laptop from 2009, i tested KillER Instinct on it. Playing on the keyboard is dull, Best getting a pseudo SNES gamepad with USB connection.

The actual games that i do have for the SNES are the ones i play.

I even played Pokémon on emulator before I even got my first Gameboy (which was Advance) back in the day. Ngl someday I might just setup a retro PC with a CRT for peak feels.

Last edited:
If you've got the option to play a game on an emulator, why on earth would people bother shelling out for a console? Especially when the whole rigmarole around these consoles feels more like a racket than anything else.

Emulators don't cost anything, all you need is a decent PC, which most people already have. You can play any game from any console, any time, without the need to swap disks, deal with updates or worry about backwards compabiliity. Just load the Rom and go. Emulators also can offer better graphics, faster load times and mods.
If it crashes it’s cancer but I agree

only work on very old shid. u running a hardware thru a hardware that not b very eficient. the modern consoles is optimized for the specific hardware, u not gona emulate the latest console with good accuracy