Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Elliot Rodger on reading as a cope

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
From page 65 of his manifesto. He was 18 at the time:
"I felt hatred and dissatisfaction with the world and society, but I didn’t want to hide away from it anymore. I needed to be as productive with my time as possible, and I had a lot of free time at this point. The best way to make use of this time, I concluded, was to spend it self-educating myself. Knowledge is power.

I began a daily routine of walking to Barnes & Noble in Calabasas every day, where I would spend hours reading books that ranged from biographies of powerful leaders, histories of significant periods, self-help books, philosophy and psychology texts, and historical fiction novels. I sometimes even spent entire days there, from the time it opened to the time it closed. In the afternoons, to my extreme rage, I sometimes saw young couples strolling through the store. Sometimes they would even sit on the reading chairs, kissing and fondling each other. Whenever I saw this, I got so overcome by envy and heartbreak that I went to the bathroom to cry. The occasional couples didn’t stop me from going there, however, because it was the most beneficial thing for me to do at that moment."

Tbh props to him for being able to read so many dense and complex books without falling asleep. One of the few stormfrontcels that got his knowledge from books instead of history channel documentaries, youtubers and Sabaton kek.

elliot rodger was high iq

One of the few stormfrontcels that got his knowledge from books instead of history channel documentaries, youtubers and Sabaton kek.
Most books are slop for pseudo-intellectuals that is equivalent to pop-youtube nonsense, especially if its at barnes and noble

Reading is so fucking laborious. It takes forever to read one, simple book. I'm high IQ but have probably read 20 proper books in my lifetime.

"I felt hatred and dissatisfaction with the world and society, but I didn’t want to hide away from it anymore. I needed to be as productive with my time as possible, and I had a lot of free time at this point. The best way to make use of this time, I concluded, was to spend it self-educating myself. Knowledge is power.

I began a daily routine of walking to Barnes & Noble in Calabasas every day, where I would spend hours reading books that ranged from biographies of powerful leaders, histories of significant periods, self-help books, philosophy and psychology texts, and historical fiction novels. I sometimes even spent entire days there, from the time it opened to the time it closed. In the afternoons, to my extreme rage, I sometimes saw young couples strolling through the store. Sometimes they would even sit on the reading chairs, kissing and fondling each other. Whenever I saw this, I got so overcome by envy and heartbreak that I went to the bathroom to cry. The occasional couples didn’t stop me from going there, however, because it was the most beneficial thing for me to do at that moment."

Tbh props to him for being able to read so many dense and complex books without falling asleep. One of the few stormfrontcels that got his knowledge from books instead of history channel documentaries, youtubers and Sabaton kek.
Man. Sitting alone like that.

Bad idea

bro was going to some no name community college. I read his manifesto and he is probably 120 iq at most
yes, but did you read it spontaneously at around five?:
It has to happen spontaneously around five, in the absence of writing. Otherwise...it might be Lanza.
if you didn't read it properly, then it's not surprise that you didn't understand the full extent of his genius, GrAY

Reading is so fucking laborious. It takes forever to read one, simple book.
um no it doesn't?

what books have you been reading, war and peace? clarissa?

Reading is so fucking laborious. It takes forever to read one, simple book. I'm high IQ but have probably read 20 proper books in my lifetime.
Reading is far better than watching or listening. You can comprehend and understand way more information that way

Reading is far better than watching or listening. You can comprehend and understand way more information that way
Only if you concentrate. Which is hard, given almost all books are boring. Almost everything in life is boring.

I sometimes saw young couples strolling through the store. Sometimes they would even sit on the reading chairs, kissing and fondling each other. Whenever I saw this, I got so overcome by envy and heartbreak that I went to the bathroom to cry. The occasional couples didn’t stop me from going there, however, because it was the most beneficial thing for me to do at that moment."
Same for, kek thats why hate going outside. Seeing people with relationships, while im truely fucking alone, zero friends, zero experience.

I got so overcome by envy and heartbreak that I went to the bathroom to cry.

This just shows how feminine his brain was

This is why I dont understand how anyone could say er ever had a chance I know that anyone who says that hasnt read his manifesto or looked that deeply into the case

He was fucked on so many levels
From his face to his frame and height to his brain
he really never stood a chance especially not in santa barbara

Even in dbdrs comment section the other day I saw people saying he was a fakecel and that he could of got a girl if he was less awkward and how they would slay if they had his looks
And these are apparently blackpillers

This is why I dont understand how anyone could say er ever had a chance I know that anyone who says that hasnt read his manifesto or looked that deeply into the case

Even in dbdrs comment section the other day I saw people saying he was a fakecel and that he could of got a girl if he was less awkward and how they would slay if they had his looks
He was non NT so yeah pretty much over for him.

High quality info intake = everything

Brutal reminder that more "mindful" coping can be detrimental when you're in no position to do it. He reminds me of Claude Frollo in the hunchback of Notre Dame. All this knowledge, spirituality and discipline just to be mindbroken by your most natural base desires in the form of some dumb gipsy teen :forcedsmile:

Doing more "noble" things was feeding his ego despite it not being able to whithstand reality. I'm better off with just having fun : jerking off junk food and video games then clear my head with a bike ride i ain't shit and self improoovement advocates can suck my fatty it won't be any different until i find some good-hearted working class girl :feelswhat:

Doing more "noble" things was feeding his ego
And that's a good thing.

He is the Supreme Gentleman, he deserved to have a massive ego. If you were as great a gentleman as him, your ego would grow too.

Brutal reminder that more "mindful" coping can be detrimental when you're in no position to do it. He reminds me of Claude Frollo in the hunchback of Notre Dame. All this knowledge, spirituality and discipline just to be mindbroken by your most natural base desires in the form of some dumb gipsy teen :forcedsmile:

Doing more "noble" things was feeding his ego despite it not being able to whithstand reality. I'm better off with just having fun : jerking off junk food and video games then clear my head with a bike ride i ain't shit and self improoovement advocates can suck my fatty it won't be any different until i find some good-hearted working class girl :feelswhat:
Ego death, therapy, meds and the push for new age spirituality Bullshit is a Jewish psyop to pacify and weaken the masses. If you kill your own ego, the Jewish egos will rule over you and control you.

Last edited:
And that's a good thing.

He is the Supreme Gentleman, he deserved to have a massive ego. If you were as great a gentleman as him, your ego would grow too.

Ego death, therapy, meds and the push for new age spirituality Bullshit is a Jewish psyop to pacify and weaken the masses. If you kill your own ego, the Jewish egos will rule over you and control you.
Yeah those things do kinda suck. Then i have nothing against taking care of oneself and even self improving etc, i was being kinda mad and hyperbolic but sometimes and especially in our situation we gotta let off steam. Psychorigid ubermench coping can have adverse effects.

High IQ

Then i have nothing against taking care of oneself and even self improving etc, i was being kinda mad and hyperbolic but sometimes and especially in our situation we gotta let off steam.
If someone self improved and ascended, good for him. If someone’s still running on the hardcore self improvement treadmill for a while and without seeing any results with foids, he’s retarded (assuming he was doing it for foids). He’s chasing diminishing returns. Not worth the effort. Basic self care is essential though. Rotting after not showering for weeks feels like shit

If someone self improved and ascended, good for him. If someone’s still running on the hardcore self improvement treadmill for a while and without seeing any results with foids, he’s retarded (assuming he was doing it for foids). He’s chasing diminishing returns. Not worth the effort. Basic self care is essential though. Rotting after not showering for weeks feels like shit

since his parents were rich and generous he was sheltered throughout his life and never faced any real hardships. though, he was still a significant founder of the blackpill