Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Elden Cuck is overrated

LostSoulUK

LostSoulUK

Officer
★★★
Still haven't finished the main game never mind the DLC because it's so fuckin boring. An open world souls game just isn't the same, the intricate design of the earlier games were meticulously crafted, where as this facilitates boring busy work, pissing about on a horse across a vast empty field, picking flowers and 100+ generic pasted dungeons in between the castles.

Dark Souls 1, Bloodborne, OG Demons Souls & Sekiro blow this out the water. It's honestly 1 of the worst souls games contrary to popular belief. The castles are obviously the highlight but this is outweighed by the shit in between which is boring as hell. I use to be so addicted to this series but I'm so burned out on this formula at this point and it's piss week derivates.

Haven't played much Elden Ring yet and won't be able to for a while, but yeah, I am not usually a fan of open world either.

I like elden ring i got 200 hours into it but the dlc is just pure faggotry. In it Miquella revives his dead brother and makes him his gay consort jfl. This shit was probably written by GRRM. Also when the final boss of the dlc got leaked people were saying its fake cus it looks bad but now that it turned out real people are praising the dlc. Flom slopware fanboys are the biggest subhuman out there

It's the same fuckin recycled animations they've been using for 20 year or so, same backstab, same parry riposte and the games are ugly as shit. Who ever said these games are beautiful need their eyes testing, I'm in some decrepit area in ER and it looks like shit. The interiors are nice and meticulously crafted as you'd expect but the world itself is horrible. I loaded up Ghost of Tsushima an it looks like heaven by contrast with nice and varied animations. Souls has had the same boring animations since og Demons souls, except those earlier games actually felt meaningful and absorbing as a collective experience.

Souls just doesn't work as an open world contrary to popular belief. Look how memorable those earlier games were by contrast, it was open but it was interconnected seamlessly, this series doesn't need a fuckin map the size of Africa just because every other developer is doing it. Less is more, look at MGS how lifeless 5 was despite featuring high quality gameplay :whatfeels:.

It's the same fuckin recycled animations they've been using for 20 year or so, same backstab, same parry riposte and the games are ugly as shit. Who ever said these games are beautiful need their eyes testing, I'm in some decrepit area in ER and it looks like shit. The interiors are nice and meticulously crafted as you'd expect but the world itself is horrible. I loaded up Ghost of Tsushima an it looks like heaven by contrast with nice and varied animations. Souls has had the same boring animations since og Demons souls, except those earlier games actually felt meaningful and absorbing as a collective experience.

Souls just doesn't work as an open world contrary to popular belief. Look how memorable those earlier games were by contrast, it was open but it was interconnected seamlessly, this series doesn't need a fuckin map the size of Africa just because every other developer is doing it. Less is more, look at MGS how lifeless 5 was despite featuring high quality gameplay :whatfeels:.
Agree about it being (one of) the worst souls game(s). Gameplay is unsatisfying due to repetitive and boring bosses/mini-bosses; their movesets lack rhythm and there's a lot of copy&paste.
Disagree about the visuals, FromSoftware lacks in fidelity/accuracy to reality but they compose beautiful and moody environments regardless. Always thought Ghost of Tsushima looked ugly myself because it lacks some big design principles (never played it only saw footage). Guess it's up to taste there.

Last edited:
I think I may have beaten one of the bosses and then I stopped playing lol

It was fun but you can't really replay it. Which kinda if killed it for me. Now the dlc is out I don't see paying that price for it.

I loved dark souls 3 for the pvp capital that was anor Londo. Elden didn't really have a good fight club place for brawling it out.

Ds2 was peak

The game relies a lot on bosses for content in the second half of the playthrough. The open world doesn't get used to its maximum advantage.

The game relies a lot on bosses for content in the second half of the playthrough. The open world doesn't get used to its maximum advantage.
You can really tell once you get to fire giant.