Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory EDM is the most soulless, garbage, npc-esque music there is

Rot&Repeat

Rot&Repeat

Always Tired
★★★★★
Literally just random loud noises with no inherent structure or purpose. No wonder women and normies eat it up. It takes no thought process to enjoy EDM cause they are soulless creatures with no inner monologue or imagination. When i listen to rock and such i use my monologue and imaginations in my head to experience and form new stories and scenarios. EDM at best is background music that is earsplittingly loud. It is akin to vomit

Not to mention how much EDM suits NPCs perfectly. The "beat drop" literally tells the NPCs "you will enjoy the music at this exact moment". Real music isnt as soulless and tasteless as EDM. Real music doesnt have a beat drop which is the exact moment to like a song with meaningless build up. Reject EDM

I would listen to any type of music if it would get me laid tbh

95% of music is about sexhaving or some fag flexing how much money/drugs/guns/bitches they have. Don't know how you can listen to that garbage

ya its fuckin retarded

Agreed. Most pop songs are trash as well. No wonder normie girls love it.

Incidentally, I enjoy some Crystal Castles' songs like this:

View: https://youtu.be/56E8yYgLNHE

It's a good type of electronic.

Not to mention how much EDM suits NPCs perfectly. The "beat drop" literally tells the NPCs "you will enjoy the music at this exact moment".
:lul:

There are like 20+ genres of EDM which ones? EDM is just a generic umbrella term. There is trance, techno, gabber, house, hardstyle, french core, big room, etc.

EDM autist vs normie

You're a stupid soynigger no better soysippers and foids who listen to punk and indy.

Edm is the only genre I listen to because it has no lyrics(all lyrics are about foid problems) , doesn't have guitar sounds(I hate the sounds of electric guitar and brass, (especially punk guitars which sound like soy)
and a lot of the melodies are aggressive a
You probably only have heard of garbage like marshmallow or illenium and think that's all to edm. Also edm is one of the only genres where minor chords are common.

First of all,not all edm has drops, and second of all, most "real music" like Taylor swift or whatever garbage you listen to has different sound sections, no different from edm. Guitar or drum solos in punk rock are basically " you WILL enjoy talented lead chad play now" sections.

Also not all edm genres are the same. I listen to breakcore, drum and bass, trance and dubstep, and they all can have chill or hateful melodies.

music listeners are almost borderline volcel

its a thousand times better than mainstream music for me personally I would rather listen to bethoven

You're correct but melody-layered IDM is great if you're the type to appreciate an instrumental

EDM is just a generic umbrella term.
@Rot&Repeat is just retarded. If anything I prefer all music without a human voice in it spouting normie lyrics about love and drugs. Incels also listen to video game soundtracks which have a lot of EDM inspired riffs and sounds. If anything EDM is more of an incel genre, not to be confused with some normie going to a rave or festival.

Edm is the only genre I listen to because it has no lyrics(all lyrics are about foid problems) ,
This is exactly it. For me its mostly ambient, vidya soundtracks, beats without rappers on them, and synthwave etc.

Some EDM subgenres are ok, like rape gaze.

You're a stupid soynigger no better soysippers and foids who listen to punk and indy.

Edm is the only genre I listen to because it has no lyrics(all lyrics are about foid problems) , doesn't have guitar sounds(I hate the sounds of electric guitar and brass, (especially punk guitars which sound like soy)
and a lot of the melodies are aggressive a
You probably only have heard of garbage like marshmallow or illenium and think that's all to edm. Also edm is one of the only genres where minor chords are common.

First of all,not all edm has drops, and second of all, most "real music" like Taylor swift or whatever garbage you listen to has different sound sections, no different from edm. Guitar or drum solos in punk rock are basically " you WILL enjoy talented lead chad play now" sections.

Also not all edm genres are the same. I listen to breakcore, drum and bass, trance and dubstep, and they all can have chill or hateful melodies.
:bigbrain::bigbrain::bigbrain:

Literally just random loud noises with no inherent structure or purpose. No wonder women and normies eat it up. It takes no thought process to enjoy EDM cause they are soulless creatures with no inner monologue or imagination. When i listen to rock and such i use my monologue and imaginations in my head to experience and form new stories and scenarios. EDM at best is background music that is earsplittingly loud. It is akin to vomit

Not to mention how much EDM suits NPCs perfectly. The "beat drop" literally tells the NPCs "you will enjoy the music at this exact moment". Real music isnt as soulless and tasteless as EDM. Real music doesnt have a beat drop which is the exact moment to like a song with meaningless build up. Reject EDM
i wish I had the level of ignorance to appreciate EDM. You would think country music is a good stepping stone but EDM is another level of low-inhib

@Rot&Repeat is just retarded. If anything I prefer all music without a human voice in it spouting normie lyrics about love and drugs. Incels also listen to video game soundtracks which have a lot of EDM inspired riffs and sounds. If anything EDM is more of an incel genre, not to be confused with some normie going to a rave or festival.

If you listen to the new age shit post 2010 (when the term EDM was invented), then yea EDM got watered down.

But you can say that with literally any genre of music. As soon as it becomes popular it has to cater to a genre audience. And thats when it gets watered down and turned into bullshit.

Even with that, electronic music (at least before 2007) has always been the genre for nerdy dudes (no other genre imo, besides classical, has a 90+ % male listener base). Obviously not all of them incels, but EDM are for the introspective mentally ill types, and if a foid EDM fan, usually very ugly. I'm in my 30s now and I can see that big loyal EDM fans are usually a combination of ugly, mentally ill, introspective, and above average intelligence [depending on the specific EDM subgenre].

If you stroll across the net, you'll find many articles bashing EDM in general. And it will deeply offend many of the true EDM fans who have followed the genre since electronic keyboards were even invented (synthesizers from the 80s which paved the way for EDM). The critics will point to the examples of the most played out watered down cookie cutter shit and bash the entirety of EDM and all of its subgenres.

Non music related but on a sociology note, you'll find that the most hateful EDM bashers are white hipsters. They have a hate and envy relationship with EDM fans. They hate them for liking a VERY unpopular genre but yet genuinely like it and listen to it still, and resent the fact that mainstream pop music America as well as the hip/hop and R&/B crowd strongly dislikes or are totally unaware of indie music. Whereas they listen to and produce indie music for the sake of it just to be hipsters.

They typically have one or two instrumentalist and a vocalist play for a band. Then they do this on a big level in the major liberal metro cities of America and claim it to be the best genre of music. Thats white hipster America for you.

Ironically, the white hipster 23 - 33 year old crowd is where men of color have the most success with women in general especially white women. And obviously, white washed black and asian women noticeably have it a lot easier in these white hipster crowds.

Last edited:
If you listen to the new age shit post 2010 (when the term EDM was invented), then yea EDM got watered down.

But you can say that with literally any genre of music. As soon as it becomes popular it has to cater to a genre audience. And thats when it gets watered down and turned into bullshit.

Even with that, electronic music (at least before 2007) has always been the genre for nerdy dudes (no other genre imo, besides classical, has a 90+ % male listener base). Obviously not all of them incels, but EDM are for the introspective mentally ill types, and if a foid EDM fan, usually very ugly. I'm in my 30s now and I can see that big loyal EDM fans are usually a combination of ugly, mentally ill, introspective, and above average intelligence [depending on the specific EDM subgenre].

If you stroll across the net, you'll find many articles bashing EDM in general. And it will deeply offend many of the true EDM fans who have followed the genre since electronic keyboards were even invented (synthesizers from the 80s which paved the way for EDM). The critics will point to the examples of the most played out watered down cookie cutter shit and bash the entirety of EDM and all of its subgenres.

Non music related but on a sociology note, you'll find that the most hateful EDM bashers are white hipsters. They have a hate and envy relationship with EDM fans. They hate them for liking a VERY unpopular genre but yet genuinely like it and listen to it still, and resent the fact that mainstream pop music America as well as the hip/hop and R&/B crowd strongly dislikes or are totally unaware of indie music. Whereas they listen to and produce indie music for the sake of it just to be hipsters.

They typically have one or two instrumentalist and a vocalist play for a band. Then they do this on a big level in the major liberal metro cities of America and claim it to be the best genre of music. Thats white hipster America for you.

Ironically, the white hipster 23 - 33 year old crowd is where men of color have the most success with women in general especially white women. And obviously, white washed black and asian women noticeably have it a lot easier in these white hipster crowds.
This. OP EDM was amazing before it got ruined by the mainstream.

Agreed, the most normie NPC people i knew all listened to soulless shitty electronic music.