Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Economics and global warming - Sharing my thoughts on why they are linked

• Thread starter I.N.C.E.L.S. Boss
  • Start date
I.N.C.E.L.S. Boss

I.N.C.E.L.S. Boss

Kept you waitin, huh
★★★★★
In my internet journey, I often see people blame global warming on the CO2 released by human activities. :feelsstudy:
But why did the human activities suddenly rise ? The evident solution would be to reduce them, why such measure has not been taken ? :feelshehe:

• My theory : :feelzez:

Global warming in its root is due to inflationary monetary policies (infinite money printing & interest).

When, for example, many fishing companies are enabled to take big loans due to the leniency of the moneyprinting agencies (government :feelsLSD:), to reimburse these debts, you can be assured these companies will hunt as many fish as they possible can. Or else they will go bankrupt.

Infinite moneyprinting is the core problem imo, not the CO2 which is really just a byproduct of the industries enabled by the money printing policies.

Resolving global warming (aka stopping money printing & usury) would mean that you and I will suffer a huge recession and likely impoverishment.

Are individuals trully willing to suffer from a severe recession (no retirement, no social security, many bankruptcies, few jobs) to save the fish ? :feelswhere: I don't think so.

Unless the elites that govern us has some self-gore fetish :society:, they will not instigate a deflation.

• Future : :feelsLightsaber:
If deflation is out of question due to riots, chaos and elite headchopping that will ensue. The other alternative to reduce CO2 and thus human activities would be to decrease the human population gradually.

Looking at feminism, free birth control, gay promotion and other degeneracies :feelsugh:. I would say indirect culling policies are being implemented, but we're still in phase 1.

• Your opinion ? :feelsautistic:

Last edited:
Climate change is real. Only the ignorant deny it, especially cuckservative redneck hillbilly wearing straw hat playing banjo.

@_meh since you seemed to be interested by my other thread

Climate change is real. Only the ignorant deny it, especially cuckservative redneck hillbilly wearing straw hat playing banjo.
Exactly. And it is mostly man-made. Even airlines and oil-companies acknowledge that now. Science is also pretty clear on it.

Just nuke all central banks
You cut the hydra, two new heads pop. Central banks are here to stay.

Is it detrimental to the human race (as if I would care)? A reduction in certain populations doesn't seem, on the surface, to be insidious. Just means that, through the promotion of degeneracy, we sane people have to try and function in an ever-changing, worsening environment.

It is interesting to observe from the sidelines.
I am not knowledgeable either, i am just trying to think and link.
Indeed, it may mean we have to deal with a world where morals will be further eroded.

@_meh since you seemed to be interested by my other thread
I don't think climate change or global warming is a big deal.

Most of the problem is overproduction not really overpopulation (since billionaires are obviously greedy).

Overpopulation is a lie.

You're right although there's more to it than that. The reason governments/central banks had to use low interest rates and QE to stimulate the economy was because the declining efficiency of oil extraction, which is the foundation of the modern global economy, has compromised profitability of most sectors of the real economy. As a result there's been a divergence between the real economy, which has been mostly stagnant or declining, and the financial economy. This is why real median wages haven't grown since the 80s or so while GDP has still gone up so much. This blog is a good explanation of it: https://surplusenergyeconomics.wordpress.com/2020/06/19/175-the-surplus-energy-economy/

The other thing is the shale boom. During the 2000s the oil situation was getting so bad that fears of peak oil were everywhere. Even the US and UK governments were having hearings on it. However that ended since the 2010s when advances in hydraulic fracking allowed the vast shale oil formations of North America to be exploited. You see below it makes up almost all of the growth in oil production since 2010. However the problem with shale is that it's far more expensive to extract and refine than conventional oil, with the overall EROI estimated at 5 at most to as low as 1.5. Second it's not useful for fuel like conventional is. It's primary use is for plastics and other petroleum byproducts, and it can make low quality gasoline. For diesel it's nearly worthless. And diesel is necessary for any kind of long-distance transport or heavy machinery. The boom in shale production lowered oil prices to about 1990s level which gave the illusion that peak oil was averted. Yet the cost of transporting goods hasn't really gone down (when taking into account freight demand), also notice how expensive diesel has been lately and reports of shortages. That's because the actually useful oil needed for diesel has been declining for years. And even though plastics and low octane gasoline have gotten cheaper due to shale, that won't last either because shale wells peak MUCH earlier than conventional. Total oil output for the US may have peaked in 2019, although the pandemic and everything makes it uncertain for now.

1592519397-o_1eb4oqs6j1nse1v901i6f1s04do58_large.jpg

Back to your main point, it still stands because if there were no economic stimulus, especially the insane of shale, then by now we would all be aware that the age of cheap abundant oil is coming to an end and governments would be doing everything in their power to cut energy consumption and transition to nuclear and renewables which would start to lower greenhouse gas emissions. Instead governments have basically turned the economy into a bullshit factory so the sheeple don't realize what's going on and panic. Even Bush Jr. was aware of the coming oil crisis and an advisor he appointed came to the conclusion that nothing could be done about it, so they pushed it under the rug and started telling the public that we have a gorillion years of oil left. Probably soon they'll have no choice but to acknowledge it. But now the transition will be significantly harder than it would've been if we didn't have politicians who only know how to retain their image for the next election by kicking the can down the road.

Really it's due to the bluepilled nature of normalfags. When Jimmy Carter gave his last big speech in 1979 he warned Americans about much of this and told them things have to change or it'll get ugly, and in response they thoroughly rejected him for the literal actor that told them everything is fine and we can just have fun and grow for eternity. Americans wanted the bluepill so the senile fuck spoonfed it to them.

TLDR; we're fucked.

You're right although there's more to it than that. The reason governments/central banks had to use low interest rates and QE to stimulate the economy was because the declining efficiency of oil extraction, which is the foundation of the modern global economy, has compromised profitability of most sectors of the real economy. As a result there's been a divergence between the real economy, which has been mostly stagnant or declining, and the financial economy. This is why real median wages haven't grown since the 80s or so while GDP has still gone up so much. This blog is a good explanation of it: https://surplusenergyeconomics.wordpress.com/2020/06/19/175-the-surplus-energy-economy/

The other thing is the shale boom. During the 2000s the oil situation was getting so bad that fears of peak oil were everywhere. Even the US and UK governments were having hearings on it. However that ended since the 2010s when advances in hydraulic fracking allowed the vast shale oil formations of North America to be exploited. You see below it makes up almost all of the growth in oil production since 2010. However the problem with shale is that it's far more expensive to extract and refine than conventional oil, with the overall EROI estimated at 5 at most to as low as 1.5. Second it's not useful for fuel like conventional is. It's primary use is for plastics and other petroleum byproducts, and it can make low quality gasoline. For diesel it's nearly worthless. And diesel is necessary for any kind of long-distance transport or heavy machinery. The boom in shale production lowered oil prices to about 1990s level which gave the illusion that peak oil was averted. Yet the cost of transporting goods hasn't really gone down (when taking into account freight demand), also notice how expensive diesel has been lately and reports of shortages. That's because the actually useful oil needed for diesel has been declining for years. And even though plastics and low octane gasoline have gotten cheaper due to shale, that won't last either because shale wells peak MUCH earlier than conventional. Total oil output for the US may have peaked in 2019, although the pandemic and everything makes it uncertain for now.

1592519397-o_1eb4oqs6j1nse1v901i6f1s04do58_large.jpg

Back to your main point, it still stands because if there were no economic stimulus, especially the insane of shale, then by now we would all be aware that the age of cheap abundant oil is coming to an end and governments would be doing everything in their power to cut energy consumption and transition to nuclear and renewables which would start to lower greenhouse gas emissions. Instead governments have basically turned the economy into a bullshit factory so the sheeple don't realize what's going on and panic. Even Bush Jr. was aware of the coming oil crisis and an advisor he appointed came to the conclusion that nothing could be done about it, so they pushed it under the rug and started telling the public that we have a gorillion years of oil left. Probably soon they'll have no choice but to acknowledge it. But now the transition will be significantly harder than it would've been if we didn't have politicians who only know how to retain their image for the next election by kicking the can down the road.

Really it's due to the bluepilled nature of normalfags. When Jimmy Carter gave his last big speech in 1979 he warned Americans about much of this and told them things have to change or it'll get ugly, and in response they thoroughly rejected him for the literal actor that told them everything is fine and we can just have fun and grow for eternity. Americans wanted the bluepill so the senile fuck spoonfed it to them.

TLDR; we're fucked.
Thanks for the link, it was really a good read.

I didn't see the energy aspect of such a crisis. In light of this data, the monetary aspect I talked about seems to be only a way to mask the real issue, the decline of profitable energy.
We are due a severe deflation, the longer it's postponed the harder it is.

My country is already trying to reduce government expenditure by decreasing the retirement pension, upping the retirement age, trying to abolish some of the social security acts like free healthcare, etc.
I think in the near future we will have to work at a on old age.

This would also explain why governments are getting more and more totalitarian and trying to reduce population through "soft" measures, they have to control the population tightly so no elite head chopping occurs when de-growth eventually settles in.

What's ironic is that the money printing policies are actually exacerbating the insidious energy crisis. Since money is readily available, businesses are likely to use its proxy (energy) in a foolish way.
Rendering the whole situation even more unsustainable.

Last edited: