Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story Dvd formatting

MarquisDeSade

MarquisDeSade

Mephistopheles
★★★★★
I recently bought a movie DVD where I was really excited to watch it but then my DVD player said it can't play it because it's formatted for Australian DVD players only. Why do they do this? What a crock of shit, so annoying.

Send it to me and I'll watch it for you hah...

Is that 2005 today so you bought dvd ? :feelskek:

Is that 2005 today so you bought dvd ? :feelskek:
I don't like Cloudfare as I find it to be invasive of privacy, moreover, I like collecting actual physical DVD movies and books because I don't like the whole download apps, games, or movies bullshit concerning everything these days.

I like the concept of private ownership and don't like the whole download to own mindset that literally permeates everything now. They call it the future, I call it a monopoly nightmare. I'm all about having physical hard copies of everything, so yeah, that makes me old-school I guess.

Last edited:
I don't like Cloud fare as I find it to be invasive of privacy, moreover I like collecting actual physical DVD movies and books because I don't like the whole download apps, games, or movies bullshit.

I like the concept of private ownership and don't like the whole download to own mindset that literally permeates everything now. They call it the future, I call it a monopoly nightmare.
I didn't mean soyflix and other streaming shit, when you can torrentmaxx max quality version instead of purchasing 480p video

I didn't mean soyflix and other streaming shit, when you can torrentmaxx max quality version instead of purchasing 480p video
Yeah, you can download stuff, but it's just not the same feeling as having it in a collector's case, I like collecting stuff for nostalgia purposes. I'm sentimental like that.

look up the model of your dvd player and see if you can make it region free

I find myself buying a shit ton of DVD's from goodwill since i don't wanna suppourt SJW services like netflix

How do you do that?
depending on the model of your dvd player, there may be a code you input on the remote after turning on the machine without a disc in it.
it varies so you have to look it up for your particular model.

I find myself buying a shit ton of DVD's from goodwill since i don't wanna suppourt SJW services like netflix
There's not a single show on Netflix or Amazon Prime I like, it's all SJW bullshit. They're even fucking around with Hulu now.
depending on the model of your dvd player, there may be a code you input on the remote after turning on the machine without a disc in it.
it varies so you have to look it up for your particular model.
Something to consider, thanks fren.

There's not a single show on Netflix or Amazon Prime I like, it's all SJW bullshit. They're even fucking around with Hulu now.

Fucking exactly, I was at the gym and some roastie put netflix on the TV in front of the treadmills, It was a bunch of degeneracy and faggotry :feelsree:

Np, check if the DVD's are scratched b4 buying :feelsYall:

what kind of dvd player do you have?
all dvd players are capable of playing all regions since they're sold worldwide.
they're just soft-locked by region before shipping and many have the capability to reset to region 0 (so they can play everything) very easily.
your problem might not even be a problem.
tell me your model and i can look it up for you.

Fucking exactly, I was at the gym and some roastie put netflix on the TV in front of the treadmills, It was a bunch of degeneracy and faggotry :feelsree:

Np, check if the DVD's are scratched b4 buying :feelsYall:
They have to ruin everything and every great show with propaganda anymore, that's why I only watch stuff from 2016 and before now. Fucking cultural Marxist assholes.
what kind of dvd player do you have?
all dvd players are capable of playing all regions since they're sold worldwide.
they're just soft-locked by region before shipping and many have the capability to reset to region 0 (so they can play everything) very easily.
your problem might not even be a problem.
tell me your model and i can look it up for you.
It's a Philips DVD Blue ray player, I bought it last year.

Last edited:
They have to ruin everything and every great show with propaganda anymore, that's why I only watch stuff from 2016 and before now. Fucking cultural Marxist assholes.
That's what i'm saying. Star Wars, Magic the Gathering, Marvel, GTA, and so many more of my favorite things have been fucked by globalist communists. I want this fucking soyciety to burn.

That's what i'm saying. Star Wars, Magic the Gathering, Marvel, GTA, and so many more of my favorite things have been fucked by globalist communists. I want this fucking soyciety to burn.
So much stuff they have ruined in the name of political correctness, it's tragic.

It's a Philips DVD Blue ray player, I bought it last year.
You need the specific model number, like BDP2100.
I found these instructions for various Philips DVD/Blu Ray players (probably not yours, but you can try them).
Look up "region code" for your model #. It seems like Philips is a brand that is easy to unlock.

How to Remove Regional Lock on Philips DVD Player
  • Turn on your DVD player (without disk)
  • Press "Setup" from the remote.
  • Go to the "Preferences"
  • Enter "138931" and the current zone will displayed.
  • Use the Up and Down arrows to change area (0 = multi-zone)
  • Press "¨Play" on the remote.
How do I make my Philips Blu Ray player region free?
Changing the region
  1. Turn your DVD or Blu-ray Player on and make sure there's no disc inside. ...
  2. Using your remote, have a browse through the settings and look for Info, Setup or Preferences. ...
  3. Select your desired region code from the list above, kick back and take in those global titles!
I have just done this as I bought the player and it wouldn't play UK region dvds.It now does after applying the following.

1)No disc in tray
2)press "HOME" key on remote control
2)press number keys "1389310"

The player now plays any dvd,i have not tried a bluray disc yet as I believe another code is required.

I found these instructions for various Philips DVD/Blu Ray players (probably not yours, but you can try them).
Look up "region code" for your model #. It seems like Philips is a brand that is easy to unlock.

Changing the region
  2. Using your remote, have a browse through the settings and look for Info, Setup or Preferences. ...
  3. Select your desired region code from the list above, kick back and take in those global titles!
I have just done this as I bought the player and it wouldn't play UK region dvds.It now does after applying the following.

1)No disc in tray

The player now plays any dvd,i have not tried a bluray disc yet as I believe another code is required.
Let me look real quick. :feelsjuice:

Changing the region

1)No disc in tray

BDP1502:feelsjuice:

Last edited:
how 'bout playing it from the pc/laptop if unlocking isn't working

how 'bout playing it from the pc/laptop if unlocking isn't working
My computer, unfortunately, doesn't have a disk drive, notebook only. :dafuckfeels:

M8 that is why you use a pc bd libredrive.

keep the physical copy for your collection and watch the movie somewhere online for free