Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Dreams about school

W

willystroker

Captain
★★★★
Does anyone else keep having dreams about being in school or with people from school even years after graduating?

I hated my school years, I was a loser the entire time. I had few if any friends. Only a handful of people would occasionally acknowledge my existence. Yet I'm 26 and every other dream I have is about being back there. Like in the last dream I was a senior again and managed to ask out a girl I used to like. I don't understand why I still have such dreams when it was so long ago and wasn't a good experience, I'm so sick of it I want to dream of cool shit.

My only explanation is that while it overall sucked, it was still the main event of my life and therefore main setting for my dreams. I also have dreams which are in the present day but I run into someone I knew from school and talk with them. When I wake up and realize it didn't really happen it's a crushing feeling, even when I hadn't thought of the person in years.

I think the reason for this is that when one spends many years being around the same people every day, the mind subconsciously starts to see them as one's tribe. Then when one day all these people disappear (graduation), the subconscious thinks it's been separated from the tribe. If one doesn't find a new tribe, the subconscious still seeks to reunite with the old one, even many years later. Essentially, it's never-ending Stockholm Syndrome.

Yes I have flashbacks everyday of getting my head shoved in to the lockers

School was the only time I socialized so I think about it when I'm reminiscing on my youth

TELL ME YOU SNAPPED OUT AND GAGGED A PENCIL DOWN THEIR DICKSUCKING THROATS
I was so little and frail I couldn't do anything about it.

I was so little and frail I couldn't do anything about it.
The sad thing is your bullies almost certainly went on to live much better lives than you. There is no justice in this world.

Actually one of the few normalfags who was nice to me died right after graduation. The worst ones now live great lives. Fuck it all.

The sad thing is your bullies almost certainly went on to live much better lives than you. There is no justice in this world.

Actually one of the few normalfags who was nice to me died right after graduation. The worst ones now live great lives. Fuck it all.
I look them up on facebook from time to time and they all have a family and a career and I have nothing