Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Dragon Ball super thread *yay*

C

catfishman23

Banned
-
Who here has been keeping up with the current episodes?

started watching around episode 80. 116 was probably the best one, at least since i've started watching

I watched a shit tonne of DBZ, a small amount of Dragon Ball, and most of GT. How would you rate Super compared to them? I've seen it on Crunchyroll but I only watched about 1 episode

Battlefield3cel said:
I watched a shit tonne of DBZ, a small amount of Dragon Ball,  and most of GT. How would you rate Super compared to them? I've seen it on Crunchyroll but I only watched about 1 episode
Dragon Ball super is better than dbz and gt combined.

catfishman23 said:

That's pretty big praise. I liked alot of Dbz and I liked the Bebe saga of GT. I'll check it out next time I'm doing an anime sesh.  Thx

Battlefield3cel said:
That's pretty big praise. I liked alot of Dbz and I liked the Bebe saga of GT. I'll check it out next time I'm doing an anime sesh.  Thx

If you want I suggest watching battle of God's and revival of freiza movies. They tie into the story line and you will jump to the next arcs.
U6vsU7 
Goku black arc
And tournament of power.

catfishman23 said:
If you want I suggest watching battle of God's and revival of freiza movies. They tie into the story line and you will jump to the next arcs.
U6vsU7 
Goku black arc
And tournament of power.
They revived Freiza?
Thank you, I'll take a look at them

Battlefield3cel said:
They revived Freiza?
Thank you, I'll take a look at them

Yes frieza got revived then destroyed and revived again.

catfishman23 said:
Yes frieza got revived then destroyed and revived again.

I have a lot of questions, like why didn't they revive Cell instead. But I will look it up lol.  Thanks again catfishman

Battlefield3cel said:
I have a lot of questions, like why didn't they revive Cell instead. But I will look it up lol.  Thanks again catfishman

Well because frieza is an iconic character that he has alot of character development in the tournament of power not only that he meets another frieza character named frost.

catfishman23 said:

i have no idea how anyone could think this. super is okay, probably better than gt, but i wouldn't put it anywhere near dbz

maybethrowed said:
i have no idea how anyone could think this. super is okay, probably better than gt, but i wouldn't put it anywhere near dbz

I think db super is better than dbz in terms of quality. It doesn't take an episode for characters to power up and overall story line.

Battlefield3cel said:

massive praise to the point of being oversold imo. it's hard to put this in words, but it's very different from any dragonball you're used to. it's not serious and badass anymore, the animation has different polish now at the expense of accuracy (look up how they had to redraw the first handful of episodes) and sports plenty of lazy artwork, an outrageous number of new characters are just terrible additions you would expect to see in children's cartoons, powerscaling and matchups are literally so bad that you can't complain about how absurd they used to be anymore, and the plot holes become even more glaring in the midst of all this. there are plenty of dull moments in the show and it literally feels like an aimless anime at times instead of db. i still watch it and it has its moments, but it's overshadowed by dbz if you ask me

maybethrowed said:
massive praise to the point of being oversold imo. it's hard to put this in words, but it's very different from any dragonball you're used to. it's not serious and badass anymore, the animation has different polish now at the expense of accuracy (look up how they had to redraw the first handful of episodes) and sports plenty of lazy artwork, an outrageous number of new characters are just terrible additions you would expect to see in children's cartoons, powerscaling and matchups are literally so bad that you can't complain about how absurd they used to be anymore, and the plot holes become even more glaring in the midst of all this. there are plenty of dull moments in the show and it literally feels like an aimless anime at times instead of db. i still watch it and it has its moments, but it's overshadowed by dbz if you ask me
Thank you for your input. I will have a watch and get back to you guys in a few days after Ive seen 10 eps or so.

do you think gohan will get a buff in the ToP?

maybethrowed said:
do you think gohan will get a buff in the ToP?

Will Gohan did get back his mystic form so he has lasted longer in the tournament of power.

I've watched Dragonball Z and GT all of it on TV lol.

Is Dragonball Super good anyways? I haven't watched an episode yet.

I can't really rate the Dragon Balls, I consider GT the worst.

But Original, Z and Super all have their merits. Super is definitely better when it comes to pacing. I no longer have to wait 5 episodes for 1 power up. Z had the best feels moments and Original is the original so yeah.

Probably Z>Super>Original>GT

DragonBall is a good example of genetic determinism. Sayians are able of becoming stronger than humans just because they are Sayians. JFL if you are not a Saiyan in Dragonball.

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/9Du90Yt_esM[/video]
Here you'll see why db super is better.
Even though it's a fan made remix you'll see how awesome every fight has gotten.

Dragonball super is good if we remove the female characters.

They made the 2 sayian girls stronger than Goku, even though they haven't gone thorugh 1/100 of goku's training.

kussan said:
Dragonball super is good if we remove the female characters.

They made the 2 sayian girls stronger than Goku, even though they haven't gone thorugh 1/100 of goku's training.

Because those are 2 sayians from alternate universes. It's like a what if scenario.

the rick and morty of anime

catfishman23 said:
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/9Du90Yt_esM[/video]
Here you'll see why db super is better.
Even though it's a fan made remix you'll see how awesome every fight has gotten.

Meh. Super is not that great. I feel ss4 is better than blue and a lot cooler. I'm watching super atm but it's not any better really

pic related is one of my favorite arcs in all of Dragonball

That's how shit my taste is.

Attachments

• vegeta.png
    vegeta.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 107
Just started watching this. It's not bad. Beerus is pretty cool

A Good Friend said:
pic related is one of my favorite arcs in all of Dragonball

That's how shit my taste is.

That's Bebe from GT right. I also liked that. The stakes were pretty high

Dragon ball super is garbage. It’s “Ima turn goku into gary sue” fan fiction. Not to mention every character gets stomped by high tier marvel/D.C characters

Example:

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/125547/3344479-beyonder%2Belectron%2Blittle%2Bfinger%2Bpower.jpg&key=a6f49a76a985b0ff4986781a227450fbe6346c3c9a43ffe685dedaa7feab25e5