Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Don't learn to code

W

willystroker

Captain
★★★★
A correction in the tech industry has been due for a while now since most of these tech companies have been producing fuck all other than mountains of debt for the past decade, with most of their employees being corporate welfare queens that soak up stimulus money, all so the GDP and employment figures can look good (the same goes for most of the "professional/business services" sector). As soon as the credit spigot closes, these companies can't stay afloat and have to layoff a large portion of their employees. Which is happening right now with the big tech companies laying off tens of thousands let alone smaller companies.

Besides the money it isn't worth being in this field anyway. Tech companies are no longer run by nerds, hardly been that way since the late 90s but since the early 2010s it has been completely taken over by normalfags. In my CS classes half were normies in it for the money and other half were spergy guys who wanted to make video games. Only a handful were genuine computer nerds.

Even if you jump through all the hoops needed to get a koding job, you'll probably be dealing with some Java abomination where 90% of the code is OOP boilerplate and you have to dig through 50 layers of abstraction to get to the part that's actually doing something. You'll be ordered around by corporate suits who've never touched code in their life, while working with h1b pajeets and diversity hires.

And the field is saturated as fuck because on top of the salary inflation "learn to code" is the go-to advice for anyone who lacks any marketable skills, which includes a lot of incels due to having worthless parents and teachers and being a shut-in/NEET for so long. But coding itself is no longer a valuable skill on its own. It's just another way of getting work done that spans almost every industry in existence. From here on I think learning to code will only be valuable as a secondary skillset. Like being able to do networking, CNC, robotics or something like that and being able to code on top of it. Otherwise don't bother with coding, there are plenty of other options out there.

But coding is still a skill not many have, which means more job opportunities

Not intelligent enough to learn to code proficiently, and I am more than happy to acknowledge that. :feelsjuice:
It doesn't require intelligence, after all there are millions of 80 IQ smelly indians who do it. Being a senior programmer who designs complex systems does, but that's a small fraction of people who write code for a living.

But coding is still a skill not many have, which means more job opportunities
It's one of the largest occupations in the US and soon there will be hundreds of thousands laid off who will be looking for a job. It's still viable for those already in it but entry level will become increasingly tight.

It's one of the largest occupations in the US and now there are hundreds of thousands laid off who will be looking for a job. It's still viable for those already in it but entry level will become increasingly tight.
Just be a taxi driver, go full schizo and shoot degenerate pimps

GAMES
Moronism
Png

#25907873Monday, May 17, 2010 10:54 PM CDT
VISIT MY PLACE FOR FUN FULL GAMES
Re: Rate My ROBLOXian
Moronism
Png

#45789550Monday, April 18, 2011 11:19 PM CDT
0-0
Re: To all you programmers out there.
Moronism
Png

#180925533Saturday, January 02, 2016 1:28 PM CST
If you are going to learn a programming language, I would suggest that you choose the language based on its viability for your given situation. It is not necessarily the language itself that matters entirely; it is the programming concepts, problem-solving capability, and self-determination that creates the eventual result.

which profession or skillset would you reccomend then

GAMES
Moronism
Png

#25907873Monday, May 17, 2010 10:54 PM CDT
VISIT MY PLACE FOR FUN FULL GAMES
Re: Rate My ROBLOXian
Moronism
Png

#45789550Monday, April 18, 2011 11:19 PM CDT
0-0
Re: To all you programmers out there.
Moronism
Png

#180925533Saturday, January 02, 2016 1:28 PM CST
If you are going to learn a programming language, I would suggest that you choose the language based on its viability for your given situation. It is not necessarily the language itself that matters entirely; it is the programming concepts, problem-solving capability, and self-determination that creates the eventual result.
Can't argue with high IQ roblox posts

I want to be a sex instructor

which profession or skillset would you reccomend then
If you still want something in the realm of tech I'd recommend doing networking, you can start by getting the Net+ cert and move up to progressively higher ones like CCNA CCNP etc. Then you can learn scripting in powershell/python/bash to automate much of your work.

For trades I think being an electrician is best, has pretty good pay and working conditions and less likely to work with hick retards. But I'm not familiar with the entire process apparently getting an apprenticeship can suck, probably best to find a reputable trade school.

For me personally I'm looking into CNC programming since it looks like there will be a resurgence in manufacturing in the coming years.

Also if you're low IQ I think working in a factory or being a farmhand will become viable once again. Kind of shitty work but it will pay better than it has been due to labor shortage. Whatever you do, stay away from office drone jobs as they're going to be hit hardest by the market correction.

Im not from USA, Im from croatia, our job market is pretty underdeveloped compared to US. So the CNC thing here I doubt, for the trade jobs im too clumsy and retarded for them I tried the intership once and got injured lol.

I want a white collar office job bascially so the networking thing is it still IT field? Like sys admin?

Also if you're low IQ I think working in a factory or being a farmhand will become viable once again. Kind of shitty work but it will pay better than it has been due to labor shortage. Whatever you do, stay away from office drone jobs as they're going to be hit hardest by the market correction.
most labor shortage is in shitty customer service not in production. Most of proudciton has been outsourced to asian shitholes. This applies to eastern europe wwhere I live too

Ok, so tell me how to make money.

A correction in the tech industry has been due for a while now since most of these tech companies have been producing fuck all other than mountains of debt for the past decade, with most of their employees being corporate welfare queens that soak up stimulus money, all so the GDP and employment figures can look good (the same goes for most of the "professional/business services" sector). As soon as the credit spigot closes, these companies can't stay afloat and have to layoff a large portion of their employees. Which is happening right now with the big tech companies laying off tens of thousands let alone smaller companies.

Besides the money it isn't worth being in this field anyway. Tech companies are no longer run by nerds, hardly been that way since the late 90s but since the early 2010s it has been completely taken over by normalfags. In my CS classes half were normies in it for the money and other half were spergy guys who wanted to make video games. Only a handful were genuine computer nerds.

Even if you jump through all the hoops needed to get a koding job, you'll probably be dealing with some Java abomination where 90% of the code is OOP boilerplate and you have to dig through 50 layers of abstraction to get to the part that's actually doing something. You'll be ordered around by corporate suits who've never touched code in their life, while working with h1b pajeets and diversity hires.

And the field is saturated as fuck because on top of the salary inflation "learn to code" is the go-to advice for anyone who lacks any marketable skills, which includes a lot of incels due to having worthless parents and teachers and being a shut-in/NEET for so long. But coding itself is no longer a valuable skill on its own. It's just another way of getting work done that spans almost every industry in existence. From here on I think learning to code will only be valuable as a secondary skillset. Like being able to do networking, CNC, robotics or something like that and being able to code on top of it. Otherwise don't bother with coding, there are plenty of other options out there.
Couldn’t agree less I make £60k a year as a software engineer, and coding was an essential skill to learn at foundation level.

Im not from USA, Im from croatia, our job market is pretty underdeveloped compared to US. So the CNC thing here I doubt, for the trade jobs im too clumsy and retarded for them I tried the intership once and got injured lol.

I want a white collar office job bascially so the networking thing is it still IT field? Like sys admin?
Yes network admin or sys admin is very comfy work, that's sort of what my last job was. It requires being onsite, having hardware knowledge and keeping vital infrastructure running, so not nearly as vulnerable to layoffs. Yet it's fairly easy to get into, you just have to get some certs and work as a technician for 2-3 years.

most labor shortage is in shitty customer service not in production. Most of proudciton has been outsourced to asian shitholes. This applies to eastern europe wwhere I live too
The reliance on Asia (mainly China) for manufactured goods is completely unsustainable and the people responsible for it should be hung in the streets. China has a worse labor crisis going on than just about anywhere due to their retarded one child policy. And it's becoming increasingly risky to rely on them due to the CCP, rising energy costs and threats to maritime trade. Onshoring is inevitable, it's only a question of how fast it'll happen.

Couldn’t agree less I make £60k a year as a software engineer, and coding was an essential skill to learn at foundation level.
Yeah it's not so bad for those already in it, I'm saying less people should be go into it since the tech industry is going into correction.

Yeah it's not so bad for those already in it, I'm saying less people should be going into since the tech industry is going into correction.
It’s one of the best professions for nd introverted people who dislike most individuals to just stay at home and get paid a lot of money. Doubt it will die soon especially with technological advancements. Over population of a career path is inevitable but coding in base level is a skill most people in this field will need to know before advancing into robotics, biotech etc You really think an employer would hire someone with no basic coding knowledge?

It’s one of the best professions for nd introverted people who dislike most individuals to just stay at home and get paid a lot of money. Doubt it will die soon especially with technological advancements. Over population of a career path is inevitable but coding in base level is a skill most people in this field will need to know before advancing into robotics, biotech etc You really think an employer would hire someone with no basic coding knowledge?
It's still useful as a skill the problem is people who just learn some programming language rather than learning about an actual field and then using code to implement it. Even most programmers/software developers are in reality experts in web frameworks or some proprietary product, and coding is just used to put pen to paper.

And yes it's a good career path for introverts, but it still requires frequent communication and meetings. The days of the autist writing code in a dark room going days without speaking to another person are long gone.

based. just ldarmax

i wanna just die max. never do shit.

It's still useful as a skill the problem is people who just learn some programming language rather than learning about an actual field and then using code to implement it. Even most programmers/software developers are in reality experts in web frameworks or some proprietary product, and coding is just used to put pen to paper.

And yes it's a good career path for introverts, but it still requires frequent communication and meetings. The days of the autist writing code in a dark room going days without speaking to another person are long gone.
Once a week is better than a 9-5 conventional working day. And I have known no person to just learn code without learning other skills to progress forward in the field. Unless it’s a hobby or something

Like what? What am I supposed to do?
data science is imo better than coding and more interesting. But requires masters for the good paying jobs which I am not sure if I want to do

Like what? What am I supposed to do?
Really you can still do coding but instead of getting a CS degree or doing some gay javascript bootcamp :feelspuke: take one of these paths:
- Network administrator, have to maintain a LAN, web servers, etc. requires getting some certs and doing technician work for a while
- CNC programmer, programming machines to make parts, your local community college should have a program for it
- Robotics/PLC programming, get to design robots and hardware devices, for this you probably need to go to uni for CE

I actually was going to do robotics but my uni cancelled the whole robotics program when classes went online due to coronachan. I'm never paying back my student loans to those kikes for ripping me off like that.

Really you can still do coding but instead of getting a CS degree
I already have one, in Software Engineering.
CNC programmer, programming machines to make parts,
I have this certification, too, from a bootcamp program. Didn't find any success in it, probably due to my autistically bad interview skills. Although, my brother said a few months back that he might have a lead in that field, where he may be able to get both of us in; I guess that didn't pan out. :fuk:
Network administrator, have to maintain a LAN, web servers, etc. requires getting some certs and doing technician work for a while
:feelswhat: That sounds awful, I don't think I want to be a network administrator.

i believe at least 80% of programmers and CS graduates are incels/betabux cucks
I'm a CS graduate, and I'm an incel, and I'm an aspie. So I can count for one for your statistics.

data science is imo better than coding and more interesting. But requires masters for the good paying jobs which I am not sure if I want to do
I'm not getting a masters. I don't want to go into debt, again. Paying off the last one while working food service and food delivery was the most nightmarish hell I've ever been through. Well, besides my life as a whole. :fuk:

Tell me more about the "plenty of other options", would like to hear
Get into IT. You work is setting up networks, office workstations, setting up intranet accounts, and maintenance of the former three. It's highly in demand and every business needs them, like every business needs accountants.

Zero coding.

How do you actually "get into it" other than have a CS Degree but no experience
You don't need a CS degree for it. You can get into technical colleges and get certificates/diplomas.

How do you actually "get into it" other than have a CS Degree but no experience
Certs or programs at community college. Apply to schools and small offices. If you go to a CC there shoudl be a career advisor who can connect you with companies. But bear in mind you'll have to do low pay grunt work until you get enough experience for a job that pays well.

Don’t follow the STEM sheep. Try the Aluminum/Steel/Mining Industry.

Alcoa
Arcelor Mittal
Rio Tinto
Barrick
Newmont
Cleveland-Cliffs
Ternium
Reliance Steel and Aluminum
Schnitzer Steel
Steel Dynamics
TimkenSteel
Algoma Steel Group
BHP Group
Friedman Industries
Insteel Industries
Commercial Metal Corp
Ryerson Holding Corp
Warrior Met Coal

I;ve been trying to learn coding for over 2 years, but don't feel like I've gotten anywhere, haven't even been able to create an app,
but if I quit trying I may rope it would kill the last ounce of confidence I have left

Developing is not for everyone. This "just learn to code" has to stop, there are thousands of jobs that require less and make more money. Also more laid back. I dunno what it is with the sheep mentality.

It's a good "career" that you can do without getting a degree. But it's by no means easy. Also you need to be a really dedicated person, put a lot of hours into your craft and be somewhat intelligent.