Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Does this speech make you motivated?

if it isn't a speech by Hitler or goebbels then it doesn't motivate me at all.

I fucking hate balding men in suits

I'm not a salesman, nor do I aspire to become one, so no.

And if that's a metaphor for life or something, then it's a terrible one.

Salesmen do whatever it takes to "close". As far as I understand their methods rely mostly on dirty manipulation tricks and sheer perseverance driven by desperation. They are to money what PUAs are to women. Not a respectable path.

Last edited:
I'm not a salesman, nor do I aspire to become one, so no.
That's the beauty of it, the content of the speech is true for pretty much every profession you can think of (It's a tough racket).

I'm a software engineer by trade, and I can testify that you need brass balls for my profession. Also, be the best you can be, always be working, or you hit the bricks.

:feelsthink:

the content of the speech is true for pretty much every profession you can think of (It's a tough racket).
I don't think so.

Salesmen have to create the demand for what they're selling. Their craft is conviction. As the saying goes, a good salesman could sell a fridge to an eskimo. As such they are very similar to con artists.

A baker just has to make good bread, and people will eventually come to him to buy it. He doesn't have to go door to door to try to convince people how great his bread is.

Last edited:
Ohh, I see. That's a bummer. Because the speech is a work of art. My guess is that you're too disgusted to endure the whole video, am I right? :feelsbadman:
I don’t have the attention span

See my edited post.
That's true, I agree with pretty much everything you wrote. But I can imagine that being a baker can be a tough racket too, at least sometimes.

etc. when he fucks up. If the word is that his product is shit, he has to work 10 times better to restore his reputation. Or he hits the bricks.

That's true, I agree with pretty much everything you wrote. But I can imagine that being a baker can be a tough racket too, at least sometimes.

etc. when he fucks up. If the word is that his product is shit, he has to work 10 times better to restore his reputation. Or he hits the bricks.

His work will still consist in baking bread. A salesman work consists in altering people's mind to make them want to buy something they didn't want to buy initially.

Do you see the difference? If you do, do you understand why this difference matters?

Last edited:
His work will still consist in baking bread. A salesman work consists in altering people's mind to make them want to buy something they didn't want to buy initially.

Do you see the difference?
Right. But baking bread that is better than the bread of your competition, while simultaneously never fuck up (one bad loaf can destroy your reputation -- maybe I'm overestimating this, but still), is a tough racket.

Maybe not as tough as convincing someone to buy shit they don't need and don't want initially, but you get the picture.

Right. But baking bread that is better than the bread of your competition, while simultaneously never fuck up (one bad loaf can destroy your reputation -- maybe I'm overestimating this, but still), is a tough racket.

Maybe not as tough as convincing someone to buy shit they don't need and don't want initially, but you get the picture.

The difficulty of the craft is not what I'm questioning.

decent movie, one of the few with zero foid characters.

alec baldwin murder some foid and got away with it bc he's a famous libtard

decent movie, one of the few with zero foid characters.
I agree. :) What's your favourite bit of the speech?

I always loved the "Fuck YOU, that's my name!" bit, the delivery is just so good. :D

The difficulty of the craft is not what I'm questioning.
It seems that I somehow got the wrong idea of what you're trying to say. Can you tell what is it, that you are questioning, please?

I agree. :) What's your favourite bit of the speech?

I always loved the "Fuck YOU, that's my name!" bit, the delivery is just so good. :D
that's my favorite part too i guess.

It seems that I somehow got the wrong idea of what you're trying to say. Can you tell what is it, that you are questioning, please?

I'm saying that salesmanship is a despicable activity. It essentially consists in lying and manipulating.

As I said, this job basically consists in altering people's mind. This is an obscure art which you don't learn in books. You can't copy it either from someone else, because what works with one salesman might not work with an other one. Or what works with one prospect client might not work with an other one. You have to learn this craft by trial and error, and nobody likes to fail repeatedly, especially when failure means you have bothered a fellow human being. It's very unpleasant, even humiliating, and I think that's why salesmen need strong incentives, both positives and negatives.

This movie scene illustrates it well : the first and second prizes for best sellers, and the threat of dismissal. Along with the loud mouth and antagonizing tone aimed at terrorizing the team. Carrots and sticks are the boss' only tools, because he can't teach his employees how to do their jobs, he can only push them to do it.

Last edited:
No it doesn’t. If that leather-faced kike got in my face about some shit like that I’d bash his face in with the coffee pot.

Like a boss at a failing business that’s going to fail anyways.