Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does life go by faster as you age

copemaxx9002

copemaxx9002

Paragon
★★★★★
Feels like everything is going by so quick

Yeah because each year that goes by is a smaller percentage of your overall life

Also time feels like it goes by fast when every day is the same which is what adult life is like for a lot of us

Not really, it just becomes more boring. Things that were fun in your early 20s becomes less exciting when you're 30+ for sure.

Yes, and it goes by fast if you do the same things every day too

Everything goes by meaninglessly and feels empty when you live like we do. I have vivid memories of my childhood, but there is hardly anything to remember about the last few years. When you are enjoying a fulfilling life, time would go fast and feel memorable afterwards, since good things happened. When you are living through a period of suffering, time will pass extremely slow, and when you look back it will feel short in a way, as nothing good happened. When you are not suffering brutally, but are merely existing meaninglessly and coping as many of us are, days go by fast, and it feels short when you look back on it because nothing happened. They call this the short-long paradox. Good times feel short when you are in them, and long when you look back because of good memories. Bad times feel long during, but short after, as your brain doesn't want to remember it. Nothing times like coping and playing video games feel short when doing them as it's a quick dopamine hit, but also feels short afterwards because nothing memorable happened

Yes. I feel like time is flying by at the speed of light. 4 months and its already 2025:feelsohgod:

Feels like everything is going by so quick
Yes, Life goes faster, I swear i didnt realise i played sniper elite 3 last 2020 and i still remember the mission, Yep it goes by so fast.